ADVERTISEMENT

This national championship game could get ugly.

UGA-Ohio State was the national championship game. I had a pretty good feeling throughout that either team would crush TCU.

TCU's win against Michigan felt kind of fluky (the pick 6s and giant plays); felt like they would struggle to reproduce that against either Georgia/Ohio State.

UGA-Ohio State was the national championship game. I had a pretty good feeling throughout that either team would crush TCU.

TCU's win against Michigan felt kind of fluky (the pick 6s and giant plays); felt like they would struggle to reproduce that against either Georgia/Ohio State.
Yes, but TCU won. Still much better than NU. Needs to be fixed.

Reactions: drewjin

Was thinking the same thing about the Georgia-OSU game. I think Harrison getting knocked out was the turning point in that game, considering the Buckeyes were already down their other top receiver plus Henderson.

The Big 12 still doesn't play defense. With the talent he had, Harbag oughta be fired for losing to TCU. Lousy bowl preparation as usual.

Was thinking the same thing about the Georgia-OSU game. I think Harrison getting knocked out was the turning point in that game, considering the Buckeyes were already down their other top receiver plus Henderson.

The Big 12 still doesn't play defense. With the talent he had, Harbag oughta be fired for losing to TCU. Lousy bowl preparation as usual.
Bingo, that Michigan game was just ugly; poor preparation and deer in the headlights a bit from JJ McCarthy at inopportune times.

Props to TCU for maintaining composure and finishing off Michigan, but that kind of win is really hard to reproduce against a much better composed and prepared opponent.

Reactions: DaCat
This reminds me of some of the NFC victories over the AFC back in the mid-80s to mid-1990s Super Bowls especially Chicago 46 New England 10 (1985 season), San Francisco 55 Denver 10 (1989 season), and Dallas 52 Buffalo 17 (1992 season) were it felt that the losing team wasn't just the lesser opponent but like they just did not belong on the big stage.

Last edited:
Stetson Bennett does not give rocket scientist vibes in the post-game interview. A great college QB, though.

Hate to say it, but it also feels like some teams are just not playing the same sport.

Even as Georgia was pulling their first string guys, their second and third string guys were also just crushing TCU. (I get that it was that kind of night, but...)

Georgia looked like a team full of guys that should already be in the NFL.

They and Ohio State both looked like that in their game last week. Alabama looks like that as well. Michigan can look like that at times, but not quite as deep/talented as the others (though they obviously caught and crushed Ohio State this year, but even that happened on a handful of plays).

Dominant linemen! One QB got crushed; the other finished with a sparkling clean jersey.

Well folks, say goodbye to FANSVILLE and say hello to the mini-Steven Tyler/life-sized hologram of the deceased artist formerly known as Prince.

Thank you United States Supreme Court.

Northwestern now has to decide whether it wants to be like Princeton. A college town where on the Sunday after a game pipe smokers harrumph and read the Sunday NYTimes while having their Hobo Banquet at Le Peep.

Or do we want to play the big time game? Hire someone like Urban Meyer?

And earn 100 million a year or more.

I vote for option two but don't kid yourself this is a decision our school must undertake - soon.

Last edited:

If TCU played Michigan 10 times they’d get crushed 9/10.

Almost had 2 B1G teams play for the natty. Instead the worst possible outcome for the reputation of our conference.

Hate to say it, but it also feels like some teams are just not playing the same sport.

Even as Georgia was pulling their first string guys, their second and third string guys were also just crushing TCU. (I get that it was that kind of night, but...)

Georgia looked like a team full of guys that should already be in the NFL.

They and Ohio State both looked like that in their game last week. Alabama looks like that as well. Michigan can look like that at times, but not quite as deep/talented as the others (though they obviously caught and crushed Ohio State this year, but even that happened on a handful of plays).
The sad thing is that as bad and overmatched as TCU looked against Georgia, they would have done the same or worse to us had we played them. So we are on an entirely different level two degrees removed. Hell, we couldn’t even beat SIU.

Reactions: Rodenthater
Stetson Bennett does not give rocket scientist vibes in the post-game interview. A great college QB, though.
Walk on with zero P5 offers including NU. Georgia is better not just at recruiting and developing 5 stars but diamonds in the rough too.

Almost had 2 B1G teams play for the natty. Instead the worst possible outcome for the reputation of our conference.
I don't think the B1G has anything to be ashamed of. Both Georgia and TCU needed a lot of good fortune to escape defeat in their games against B1G teams.

But according to @CatManTrue the B1G is not a competitive conference. :rolleyes:

I will say this though: this feels very different from the last time Ohio State-Michigan were undefeated with all the hype and played their 1-2 matchup in 2006.

After that game, you had people calling for Ohio State-Michigan rematch in the BCS championship but instead Florida got the nod as #2 and Michigan went to the Rose Bowl. Both got annihilated (Michigan lost to #8 USC), the conference went 2-5 and it took at least 5-7 years for the conference to rebuild its rep after that mess.

This 2022-2023 season, everyone knows Michigan probably wins that game against TCU 8 or 9 out of 10 times. TCU got the 1 time where they pull off 2 pick 6s and another fluky TD play and then barely win; it happens, that's football.

Ohio State was beating Georgia throughout the game, lost Harrison, gave up a few big plays late and lost at the end by 1 despite having a FG chance to win at the end.

Penn State soundly beat the Pac-12 champion Utah in the Rose Bowl. Overall bowl record is 5-4.

Conference looks much stronger in 2023 with 3 teams ranked in the final top 7 and USC/UCLA coming soon. This is way different from 2006 which saw 5-7 really poor years for the conference before things turned around.

I think it's beyond clear (especially with TCU the Big 12 champ getting exposed by Georgia, Utah the Pac-12 champ losing to the 3rd best Big Ten team Penn State, Clemson the ACC champ losing to Tennessee the 3rd best SEC team) that the SEC and Big Ten are on another level right now and have quality of depth at the top that the other conferences can't match. Of course, that makes our climb back a lot tougher now since a lot more programs are performing well in the conference. Schools like Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, etc. are a lot tougher outs.

Walk on with zero P5 offers including NU. Georgia is better not just at recruiting and developing 5 stars but diamonds in the rough too.
Well, they hardly recruited the guy. It sounds like Bennett basically forced himself on UGA and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT