ADVERTISEMENT

Thorson was sick today, btw...

Actually threw up pregame...
I don’t know, man. It was the same throwing late, throwing behind receivers problems he’s had all year. His second INT was way behind the WR, and the announcers mentioned his possible TD throw to Lees was way too late.

I don’t know, man. It was the same throwing late, throwing behind receivers problems he’s had all year. His second INT was way behind the WR, and the announcers mentioned his possible TD throw to Lees was way too late.
Don't know what to tell you, he was sick, unless you are saying he was lying about it...

Don't know what to tell you, he was sick, unless you are saying he was lying about it...
I was saying that he’s had these same timing issues the whole year aside from the Nebraska game in general. Not that he wasn’t sick today.

I was saying that he’s had these same timing issues the whole year aside from the Nebraska game in general. Not that he wasn’t sick today.
Well, when you're not ferling well, it's freezing out, and the wind is literally blowing the ball on field goals, it might be tough to be Brett Favre...

Threw a perfect deep ball early that was dropped. Threw a perfect ball to BS where only BS could catch it. Flynn was held on the INT to him, and CT put the ball where Flynn would have been. I would say the second int was his fault, but Fitz stated in the preseer that it wasn't. Will have to watch the tape on the rest..

Did you see how David Blough did in the cold weather today? It does have an effect....

And he only had good timing in the Nebby game? Michigan State says hello...

Well, when you're not ferling well, it's freezing out, and the wind is literally blowing the ball on field goals, it might be tough to be Brett Favre...

Threw a perfect deep ball early that was dropped. Threw a perfect ball to BS where only BS could catch it. Flynn was held on the INT to him, and CT put the ball where Flynn would have been. I would say the second int was his fault, but Fitz stated in the preseer that it wasn't. Will have to watch the tape on the rest..

Did you see how David Blough did in the cold weather today? It does have an effect....

And he only had good timing in the Nebby game? Michigan State says hello...
Ah yes, the game of the single digit team rushing yards. My bad. Thorson carried the day there.

Don't get the CT criticism....guy is the winningest NU QB, hasn't missed a start, has thrown the most NU TD passes, is top 10 in B1G history in passing yards...............
Thorson is capable of throwing great TDs and bad picks. Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but on CT's first interception yesterday it sure looked to me like Nagel was held. If so, as Fitz seemed to suggest, that wasn't all on CT.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Don't get the CT criticism....guy is the winningest NU QB, hasn't missed a start, has thrown the most NU TD passes, is top 10 in B1G history in passing yards...............
Some criticism is legit. Doesn't mean we haven't won or that he has not had a big part in it. But CT has been on and off all year. He has thrown as many INTs as TDs and some were pretty bad. Before, he was supposedly a 1st round pick. Don't expect that inconsistency from a top pick who is a 5th year Senior

How about the deep throw to McGowan? Perfect placement, should have been a catch. Also JJ let one slip through his hands and Nagel he at least two hit him in his face mask/body.

I was particularly disappointed with Nagel on those throws. He let the ball play him instead of catching it with his hands. I didn't think I'd see that from him.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I bet he felt a lot better postgame.
For sure...saw him cheering and chest pounding post game. Did not seem to be ill at the time. Perhaps that is what caused his passing to be off target. Thank goodness BS dove for that ball. Did not want to rely on "punter-fg kicker" to send the game into OT.

Last edited:
Some criticism is legit. Doesn't mean we haven't won or that he has not had a big part in it. But CT has been on and off all year. He has thrown as many INTs as TDs and some were pretty bad. Before, he was supposedly a 1st round pick. Don't expect that inconsistency from a top pick who is a 5th year Senior
I don’t recall anyone pounding the table for him to be a 1st round pick, particularly after his knee injury; just for him to be drafted at some point, likely in the mid-rounds. I hope he is a mid-round pick at this point for a quality franchise like the Patriots, Saints, or (gasp) Chiefs so that he can learn the game and improve his fundamentals as a backup for a bit.

Think of Corey Wootton. He was legitimately projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick after his breakout year in 2008. He sadly wrecked his knee in the Alamo bowl, worked hard to return for the next season, wasn’t the same player yet was drafted in the 4th round - and still had a nice NFL career.

It amazes me how few people factor in Thorson’s bowl game injury into his performance this year. It is really impressive that he’s about 10 months removed from surgery and leading us to our first championship game, inconsistent as he may be.

Exactly, there were a few publications in 2017 that touted CT has a high round pick: even a few in the first round. However, the vast majority have always had at least a half dozen QB’s rated higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT