ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts with the Mims Family

Yeah, heard about this yesterday and was wondering if it was Kevin's father. Very sad. Here's the article from the local paper. I'd never met him, but sounds like he was a great person.

Michael Mims

Thoughts and prayers to the family. Kevin was one of my favorite players in recent memory.

A lot of people on the board knew Mike Mims

And remember the Mimsmobile. I met him several times and many folks here know him much better. He was at every game tailgate. Mike was a very very nice man and big cat fan.

Seriously? As I remember hearing (never actually met him, although did see the "Mimsmobile"), he is (was) a really great person and passionate NU fan. What a shame. My condolences to the family.

My sympathies out to the Mims family. Met the Dad once. Nice guy.

Re: A lot of people on the board knew Mike Mims

Agree Florida and would also like to pass along condolences to Kevin and Mims family. His Mimsmobile was a fixture at the parents tailgate in the west lot and also took it on the road numerous times. Specifically remember the tailgate he hosted at the Sun Bowl, where he welcomed many members of the U.S. Military to partake and the huge tailgate he set up in Houston for the Rice game. The NU family will miss him.

Very sad news indeed. When the 'Cats played Rice in Houston a few years ago, Kevin and his Dad brought the Mimsmobile to Rice Stadium for the NU tailgate. It was a great time, and Kevin spent a lot of time with my then four year old grandson who was attending his first college football game. My condolences to the family.

I'm very sorry for the family. Prayers and sympathy.

What terrible news. I met Mr Mims at the Sun Bowl. He couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming to a "joe blow common fan". Really made everyone feel welcome. What great guy.

This is a terrible tragedy. My sympathies and prayers are sent to the Mims family. God bless you all.

This is very sad. Mr. Mims was a great guy who brought a lot of fun to NU tailgating. Ideas from building the Mimsmobile were incorporated into their tailgating product lines (Kevin and his dad were in business together making tailgating equipment).

Originally posted by FloridAlum:
And remember the Mimsmobile. I met him several times and many folks here know him much better. He was at every game tailgate. Mike was a very very nice man and big cat fan.
Ditto

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all the Mims family. Truly a loss to all of us who are honored to be a part of the extended Northwestern Football Family.

Here is the fondly remembered Mimsmobile and If i recall correctly the photo captures Mike with the back of his "trademark" Mims Jersey visible.

CLICK TO ENLARGE:
mimsmobile.jpg

This post was edited on 1/18 1:39 AM by Alaskanwildkat

Very sad news. Mr. Mims was a good guy and a great Cats fan, and the Mimsmobile enjoys legendary status in Ryan Field tailgating history. Purple Nation will miss him. My thoughts are with the Mims family.

ADVERTISEMENT