ADVERTISEMENT

Three more home games...

lunker35

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Are we going to have 10,000 at any of the games? I really am at the point where I have no interest in pissing off my wife and spending a half day watching this.

Reactions: drewjin
We won't tailgate in our central GC lot, but show up to the game at kickoff. Will probably leave at half to salvage the day. I hope JP sees this and it sinks in. I have had season tickets for 21 years and can't watch this crap, nor waste a full day in Evanston.

We won't tailgate in our central GC lot, but show up to the game at kickoff. Will probably leave at half to salvage the day. I hope JP sees this and it sinks in. I have had season tickets for 21 years and can't watch this crap, nor waste a full day in Evanston.
Same. I’ll probably go right at game time and use my golf lot just for parking rather than tailgating. What a waste of $$$

Email Dr Jim.

I may give my friend Pat Ryan a call, see what's on his mind these days.

Reactions: CatManTrue
I'm at a loss what to say to him. The collapses of both FB and men's BB are sudden and shocking. WTF happened?
For BB, we don't yet have the depth to escape the natural rebuilding cycle. I figured there would be another rebuild or two before achieving the heights of perpetual contender. However, we should have had one more season of success (McIntosh's senior season should have been NIT at MINIMUM) before succumbing to the rebuilding cycle. I'm still at a loss as to what happened that season. However, we're now in the cycle, so things are proceeding about as I expected.

Are we going to have 10,000 at any of the games? I really am at the point where I have no interest in pissing off my wife and spending a half day watching this.

I just bought two tickets on SH for $20 or so for the Minnesota game so add two the the number.

Realistically if Minnesota can split the next two (PSU, at Iowa) maybe even win both, a rare Minnesota invasion of Ryan Field could happen. Probably not likely, but who knows what could happen.

Oddly enough, people with Minnesota roots will flood Soldier Field or Lambeau for Vikings games, but never show up in Evanston, despite occasional good turnouts in Kinnick and Camp Randall. For me it the team gets to 10-0 or 9-1, the day at Ryan Field will be great no matter what happens, sort of like the game at TCF last year when the NUMB visited with the West Championship already won. I was pretty excited for those in Purple that day to get a day in the sun, even though the NU stretch of futility does not go back to 1967 like MN.

OK, my goal is to get to all 13 other Big Ten Stadiums before I get put in a "home" so this will get me down to OSU, Rutgers, MD, and Purdue left on the list. (Purdue is easy, had zero interest in going there)

For BB, we don't yet have the depth to escape the natural rebuilding cycle. I figured there would be another rebuild or two before achieving the heights of perpetual contender. However, we should have had one more season of success (McIntosh's senior season should have been NIT at MINIMUM) before succumbing to the rebuilding cycle. I'm still at a loss as to what happened that season. However, we're now in the cycle, so things are proceeding about as I expected.
I really admire your optimism. I think BBall will win no more than 2 B1G games.

We left today at halftime despite the hours driven to get there. Saw 3 cars with NU sticker/license plate on way home so others left early too.

There are lower sideline seats on StubHub for the minimum $6 the next 2 games.

I left at Halftime last night too.

the next 3 home games, they’ll be lucky to break 10,000. Doubtful we’ll tailgate rest of year. After 25/24 years as a STH it’s hard to watch this season
I think we will draw more than 10k for sure. Come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT