ADVERTISEMENT

THT Announces Thursday

The abrupt end to THT's recruitment he me scratching my head for a while. Haywood's post shed a bit of light on things. Very disappointing as we would have a great shot at THT with the big boys (MSU and Kansas) out of the picture.

Maybe NU didn't have the major he wanted to go with as a college student athlete? I think U of I will have his commitment very soon. They are going to be a force to be dealt with or paid for with Underwood as coach. I still think we can/will beat them.

Maybe NU didn't have the major he wanted to go with as a college student athlete? I think U of I will have his commitment very soon. They are going to be a force to be dealt with or paid for with Underwood as coach. I still think we can/will beat them.
Better hurry, before they go on probation.

Reactions: mickbula
I see the narrative already as you come to the realization you will always be little brother. :D

You should:

* Print out this post;
* Get in your car and drive to Champaign;
* Go into the bursar's office and present the print out to the bursar;
* Demand a full refund of your tuition for failure to deliver services that have been paid in full.

I think your odds on getting something back are pretty good.

I see the narrative already as you come to the realization you will always be little brother. :D

You people are so deluded. You're going to be sitting home in March yet again. Get used to the new reality. NU has passed the Illini. Deal with it.

#IlliniDelusions

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
You people are so deluded. You're going to be sitting home in March yet again. Get used to the new reality. NU has passed the Illini. Deal with it.

#IlliniDelusions
You've seen one tournament ever, and you think I'm deluded? Reality is your program ceiling is not much higher than last season. You got shut out early in both of the top in-state recruitments because going to Northwestern will never be the cool thing to do (it's why you settled for Lathon). No matter how much you hate Champaign and belittle it, it's always attracted more talent.

Underwood has come in and locked up the top talent in the state in less than 7 mo. We're set up for Okoro, Liddell, Miller, and Hall. We won't get all, but we will likely get at least two. You won't get any.

That program that you past by that was in the ditch will pass you by in a couple seasons. Enjoy your short-lived time above us. Maybe you'll even be able to best us one time this season.

That program that you past by that was in the ditch will pass you by in a couple seasons. Enjoy your short-lived time above us. Maybe you'll even be able to best us one time this season.

Print out the above for your trip to the bursar and argue for loss of future income potential.

Reactions: mickbula

#IlliniDelusions
All the racists accusing these kids that they don't know of taking money will be eating crow in due time. Your greatest team ever lost to John Groce twice.....

You've seen one tournament ever, and you think I'm deluded? Reality is your program ceiling is not much higher than last season. You got shut out early in both of the top in-state recruitments because going to Northwestern will never be the cool thing to do (it's why you settled for Lathon). No matter how much you hate Champaign and belittle it, it's always attracted more talent.

Underwood has come in and locked up the top talent in the state in less than 7 mo. We're set up for Okoro, Liddell, Miller, and Hall. We won't get all, but we will likely get at least two. You won't get any.

These guys think they are Duke here...lololol.....

Reactions: Jaycg15
There was once a time when Illinois fans had bigger fish to try than trash talking NU. That time is long past.

Word on the street is that Groce was so liberal with the bags of $$ that a few recruits got put off, including a big time 2017 Indiana commit.

Print out the above for your trip to the bursar and argue for loss of future income potential.
But the progrum we past bye was gone done in the ditch. There much better now, so their! Illini twitter leegion strikes again! I-L-L A-N-O-Y

All the racists accusing these kids that they don't know of taking money will be eating crow in due time. Your greatest team ever lost to John Groce twice.....
It's not us doing the accusing, it's something called the FBI. Ring a bell?

Once again, here comes the orange. Holler when you guys want to develop a soul.

And now you're going to bring racism into the discussion? You guys will say anything.

Pitiful as always.

It's really nice for once to root for the program that made the tournament last year instead of the one that hasn't been relevant in a decade.

It's not about where you've been, it's about where you're going. Ill-annoy is going nowhere. Until the FBI catches up with Underpants.

You'll have to forgive the interlopers, they really have nothing better to do than to post here; as it will certainly beat following their own team this year. You know, the one that lost 75% of its scoring from an average team and is predicted to finish 12th (12th!) in the conference. If you had to watch Illinois this season, believe me, you would find other things to do as well...

You got shut out early in both of the top in-state recruitments because going to Northwestern will never be the cool thing to do (it's why you settled for Lathon).

I'm not going to get involved in this whole pissing match about who is better, especially before the season has even started, but this quote is just wrong. First of all, with THT, NU cooled on him. Now, what we don't know is if NU cooled on him because he wasn't that interested or they decided that they weren't going to be strung along through this whole process with him. Either way, I can agree that THT was likely not going to choose NU- I can agree with you on that. But "settling for Lathon" is just wrong. NU offered both Ayo and Lathon and told them that they had one spot to fill. And once one committed, it was gone. So, it's not like NU put all the eggs in the Ayo basket. Both had offers for a long time.

And for the record, there are people out there that think Lathon is a more developed and ready Division 1 prospect that Ayo. Yes, really. I got to like Ayo during his recruitment as he seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders, so I wish him personal success, but give me a break with this whole "settled for Lathon" garbage. Stop saying things that aren't true just to make you feel good.

I'm not going to get involved in this whole pissing match about who is better, especially before the season has even started, but this quote is just wrong. First of all, with THT, NU cooled on him. Now, what we don't know is if NU cooled on him because he wasn't that interested or they decided that they weren't going to be strung along through this whole process with him. Either way, I can agree that THT was likely not going to choose NU- I can agree with you on that. But "settling for Lathon" is just wrong. NU offered both Ayo and Lathon and told them that they had one spot to fill. And once one committed, it was gone. So, it's not like NU put all the eggs in the Ayo basket. Both had offers for a long time.

And for the record, there are people out there that think Lathon is a more developed and ready Division 1 prospect that Ayo. Yes, really. I got to like Ayo during his recruitment as he seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders, so I wish him personal success, but give me a break with this whole "settled for Lathon" garbage. Stop saying things that aren't true just to make you feel good.

I don’t think NU cooled on THT because we didn’t think he would choose us...based on his final three I think we would have had a terrific shot. Drawing an inference from Haywood’s post, I got the sense NU had some specific academic items they asked THT to address (perhaps it was to add a couple more academic classes or take a summer class)...assuming these requests were denied, my guess is that NU ended the recruitment.

I don’t think NU cooled on THT because we didn’t think he would choose us...based on his final three I think we would have had a terrific shot. Drawing an inference from Haywood’s post, I got the sense NU had some specific academic items they asked THT to address (perhaps it was to add a couple more academic classes or take a summer class)...assuming these requests were denied, my guess is that NU ended the recruitment.

Thanks Coral- I think I missed Haywood's post on that, but he's as good of an NU basketball source as anyone, so I believe it. My main point is that the post from this poster was really off base, especially with Lathon.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
You'll have to forgive the interlopers, they really have nothing better to do than to post here; as it will certainly beat following their own team this year. You know, the one that lost 75% of its scoring from an average team and is predicted to finish 12th (12th!) in the conference. If you had to watch Illinois this season, believe me, you would find other things to do as well...
Pretty hard to talk smack about Illinois when they beat NU twice last season despite finishing 9th in the B1G.....

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan

Gotta love a rivalry. The anger is pretty amusing.

Pretty hard to talk smack about Illinois when they beat NU twice last season despite finishing 9th in the B1G.....
Not true. Teams lose games they “shouldn’t”. It’s a freaking RIVALRY. Even this site is called RIVALS. NU was a tournament team last year, but they were still learning how to win, close games, not dig themselves into a hole, etc.

Seeing Ayo and THT go elsewhere reminds me of what Chanukah was like when I was growing up. Like a lot of kids, my brothers and I each got eight gifts - one for each night. One year my parents gave us all eight presents the first night and said we could open them on any night. My younger brother and I, with no self-control whatsoever, went through pretty much all the gifts the first night, but my older brother rationed his out, and we had to watch him the last seven nights savoring the whole experience while we had no more gifts to open.

So yeah, I'm really happy with the "gifts" we've gotten this year, but it drives me crazy to see other schools still opening theirs. I'm greedy! I want more presents!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT