ADVERTISEMENT

Thurs, 6/25 is NU Day on BTN

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
Excuse me while I shill for BTN for a moment.

Two NU-Indiana basketball games are making their debuts.

Hey BTN!! ... How about the "Hoosier Daddy" game of '99?

Has there been an elite team/season program made for BTN of the second of the BIG champs that Barnett's team achieved? I have seen the first one about 100 times- every time I get emotional and tear up some. The first was great. The second was awesome as well- and almost more significant knowing that all the competition was ready and aiming to get revenge. I am talking about the season that we lost the bowl game to p. manning. Just curious?

Reactions: No Chores
How about Rich Falk with the purple sport coat against IU? I’ve always wanted to see an NU coach roll one out.

Has there been an elite team/season program made for BTN of the second of the BIG champs that Barnett's team achieved? I have seen the first one about 100 times- every time I get emotional and tear up some. The first was great. The second was awesome as well- and almost more significant knowing that all the competition was ready and aiming to get revenge. I am talking about the season that we lost the bowl game to p. manning. Just curious?
Yep, that was a great season also, capped by the January 1, 1997 Citrus Bowl game against Peyton Manning and Tennessee. My wife and I attended with another NU couple. Tennessee scored the fist 21 points and NU scored the next 21! We eventually lost, something like 42 - 28. Had fun spending several days in Orlando. Have only missed a couple of bowl games in the modern era, not including the 49 Rose Bowl, at which time I was 5 years of age. Was anybody else on the Board in Orlando in '97?

Yep, that was a great season also, capped by the January 1, 1997 Citrus Bowl game against Peyton Manning and Tennessee. My wife and I attended with another NU couple. Tennessee scored the fist 21 points and NU scored the next 21! We eventually lost, something like 42 - 28. Had fun spending several days in Orlando. Have only missed a couple of bowl games in the modern era, not including the 49 Rose Bowl, at which time I was 5 years of age. Was anybody else on the Board in Orlando in '97?

I was there. It was before I discovered this website, so I did not know anyone. A young alumni group in South Florida got tickets which were pretty good seats at a very reasonable price. So I left before 8 AM, drove to the game,And drove back to South Florida after the game.

Sat in the upper deck. Drove down from my condo up in northern Florida. It was a fun game for a while but I enjoyed the Gator Bowl (very close to my cold weather refuge) a whole lot more!

Sat in the upper deck. Drove down from my condo up in northern Florida. It was a fun game for a while but I enjoyed the Gator Bowl (very close to my cold weather refuge) a whole lot more!
We sat in the upper deck too near the corner. The Tennessee idiots around us looked like the cast of Deliverance. Fortunately, none of us resembled Ned Beatty! I'm with you on the Gator Bowl - very sweet beginning with the Purple Party!

Reactions: Gladeskat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT