ADVERTISEMENT

Title game takeaways

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
1. LSU is clear cut #1. Ohio State would have gotten the same beatdown.

2. It’s hard imagining NU competing on the same field. The disparity of athletes is profound.

3. I hate the SEC but Alabama with Tua would have been #2.

4. I miss college football, even with NU's year.

5. If we can get decent QB play next year, the West is a reasonable goal.

college football is now a regional championship ,Sec and 16 teams from the other power 5 conferences will become the top tier of college football

Should have posted this here:

Burrow definitely proved to be the better quarterback tonight. Clemson's quarterback had an off game missing multiple targets all night. That seemed to be the difference despite Clemson actually performing better on defense especially at the line of scrimmage. Some tough calls against Clemson that may have made a difference, especially the offensive P.I. that unfairly took back a touchdown and the clearly out of bounds LSU receiver with his hand out that did not get reviewed that also led to an eventual touchdown instead of killing the drive.

Last edited:
I though the other takeaway was that Lawrence had Hunter Johnson like accuracy with a bunch of overthrows due to the pressure from the LSU D. Hmmm.... maybe there is something to the OL pass pro point that was made. If KA can get a 2nd year jump in our OL performance with a new OC not calling totally predictable plays with obsolete hand signals that enabled defenders to guess (with precision) what we going to do and completely pin their ears back and an O that doesn't fit his players (and Ferrari) maybe we can get the type of play we expected when HJ first announced his transfer to NU.

dOSU would have given LSU a better game.

Is the better team and should have beaten Clemson, but too many self-inflicted mistakes.

I agree. I think OSU had better corners than Clemson. A lot would have depended on whether Dobbins was healthy. Doubt Fields could have had a worse game than Lawrence last night. Doubt anyone could have stopped that LSU offense completely though. Burrows is the real deal. And Nebraska didn't want him? Wow.

2. It’s hard imagining NU competing on the same field. The disparity of athletes is profound.

3. I hate the SEC but Alabama with Tua would have been #2.

4. I miss college football, even with NU's year.

5. If we can get decent QB play next year, the West is a reasonable goal.
I remember the day when I would watch the only televised college football game on a fall Saturday and when each player was introduced with their helmet under their arm they would give their name, position, year in school and their major. I’m sure most if not all those players last night are in real, bonifed college major academic disciplines! NOT!!!

The skill position game was a joy to watch. LSU finished with class. Clemson was done after the corner left followed by their MLB.

Reactions: ricko654321
Class, right up to the point where Odell Beckham Jr. gave out $100 bills to players.........

Even if the money was fake it was a bad look for LSU.

I am talking about how the players and coaches conducted themselves on the field.

Your response was the first I heard of it. If that was cash and wasn’t returned that would likely be a violation. I would think a pro would know better. Or maybe a reflection of what has gone on at LSU.

OSU QB was not at full strength vs. Clemson. He is dual threat qb who was not running much vs. Clemson. Clemson QB rushing yardage advantage vs. OSU would not happen. Not sure if the extra two weeks would have hepled his injury but he is a rushing terror when healthy. Was a bit gimpy vs Badgers and Clemson. Not an excuse for OSU just part of the game. OSU would have been closer and was probably number 2 team.

I don't believe the transitive property of team talent/strength/ability works in this case. The talent difference between LSU, Clemson, and OSU, is small enough that no one would be surprised if on a given day one team could beat the other. What we don't know in a fictional match-up is how a big play due to a blown coverage or missed tackle, a turn-over, injury, 50/50 ball or ref call that bad wrong for one team effecting momentum, etc.. will effect a game. Maybe at this point LSU wins 6-7 out of 10 versus OSU, but saying teams of this caliber get a certain beat down is hyperbole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT