ADVERTISEMENT

TJ GREEN GETS SIXTH YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Great news. No. 10 is coming back....

EVANSTON, Ill. — Northwestern graduate quarterback T.J. Green has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA and will be eligible to compete for the Wildcats during the upcoming 2020 season.

“Thank you to my coaches, teammates, friends, and family for supporting me throughout my recovery and rehab process,” said Green. “I’m excited to get back to work!”

Green began his college career as a walk-on and earned a spot atop the ‘Cats depth chart heading into the 2019 season opener at Stanford, completing 6-of-10 passes for 62 yards before suffering a season-ending injury. He saw action in nine games as Clayton Thorson’s backup in during Northwestern’s 2018 Big Ten West Division championship season, completing 20-of-36 passes for 169 yards and scoring his first career rushing touchdown in the primetime opener at Purdue.

A member of Northwestern Football’s Leadership Council, Green earned his undergraduate degree in economics and is currently pursuing his master’s degree in management studies from the Kellogg School of Business.

The Leawood, Kansas, native was named the Missouri Gatorade Player of the Year and USA Today Offensive Player of the Year as a high school senior. His father Trent, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, spent 15 seasons in the National Football League with the San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins, and is now an NFL analyst with CBS.

EVANSTON, Ill. — Northwestern graduate quarterback T.J. Green has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA and will be eligible to compete for the Wildcats during the upcoming 2020 season.

“Thank you to my coaches, teammates, friends, and family for supporting me throughout my recovery and rehab process,” said Green. “I’m excited to get back to work!”

Green began his college career as a walk-on and earned a spot atop the ‘Cats depth chart heading into the 2019 season opener at Stanford, completing 6-of-10 passes for 62 yards before suffering a season-ending injury. He saw action in nine games as Clayton Thorson’s backup in during Northwestern’s 2018 Big Ten West Division championship season, completing 20-of-36 passes for 169 yards and scoring his first career rushing touchdown in the primetime opener at Purdue.

A member of Northwestern Football’s Leadership Council, Green earned his undergraduate degree in economics and is currently pursuing his master’s degree in management studies from the Kellogg School of Business.

The Leawood, Kansas, native was named the Missouri Gatorade Player of the Year and USA Today Offensive Player of the Year as a high school senior. His father Trent, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, spent 15 seasons in the National Football League with the San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins, and is now an NFL analyst with CBS.
Fantastic news. Hope he has a great 2020 season.

Cool!

We got our grad QB. With the way injuries hit us last year, having TJ back is a big plus.

Great news. I hear he is a fierce competitor and looks to have a high football IQ.

In some weird way, TJ's return actually makes me feel a little better about Skowronek's decision to transfer. BenSko had to know that TJ was seriously considering a return, and surely would have loved to play with him in what would surely be their last season of organized football together. For Skowronek to leave even with TJ's return, it just tells me he's "all in" on his NFL dreams, and whether he makes it or not you gotta respect that.

this is the best news of the year. Should be set at QB and RB now.

Great news. I hear he is a fierce competitor and looks to have a high football IQ.

I think he is solid. Doesn't have Johnson's gifts, but I always thought he was a fantastic PWO get for us, and his accomplishments in HS suggested he was vastly underrecruited and a potential gem.

ADVERTISEMENT