ADVERTISEMENT

Top 50 2020 guard to visit NU

Lou, this kid is an absolute stud. He plays for Butler Pa. High, a Div. 6A powerhouse in the W.P.I.A.L., the top division in Pa. High School Basketball. Ethan was terrific as a freshman and started at point guard.
Butler is about 85 miles south of Erie, toward Pittsburgh, and they generally play a couple Erie teams like McDowell, Cathedral Prep and Erie High. One of the teams in their league, Pine Richland, won a Pa. 6A state championship in the last year or 2. Butler, with Ethan, lost in the state 6A quarter finals. Their coach, a former all-state point guard at Butler, returned home to coach after a 10 year major league baseball pitching career. Landing Ethan Morton would be the recruiting achievement of the Chris Collins era.

Lou, this kid is an absolute stud. He plays for Butler Pa. High, a Div. 6A powerhouse in the W.P.I.A.L., the top division in Pa. High School Basketball. Ethan was terrific as a freshman and started at point guard.
Butler is about 85 miles south of Erie, toward Pittsburgh, and they generally play a couple Erie teams like McDowell, Cathedral Prep and Erie High. One of the teams in their league, Pine Richland, won a Pa. 6A state championship in the last year or 2. Butler, with Ethan, lost in the state 6A quarter finals. Their coach, a former all-state point guard at Butler, returned home to coach after a 10 year major league baseball pitching career. Landing Ethan Morton would be the recruiting achievement of the Chris Collins era.
No Chores, you buried the lede. Their coach wasn't just any major league pitcher. He was (and still is) Matt Clement, the winner of the Cubs division-clinching game in 2003! His bio also says he won the World Series with the Red Sox in 2007, but it looks as if he was inactive/injured for that entire season. He should be able to give Ethan some insight on how exciting it is to be part of a winning team in Chicago.

FYI Pine Richland won 6A Football title. They lost to Roman Catholic of Philly in state quarters, not Butler in basketball. Pine Richland made it to state finals 2 years ago but lost to Reading and Lonnie Walker.

No Chores, you buried the lede. Their coach wasn't just any major league pitcher. He was (and still is) Matt Clement, the winner of the Cubs division-clinching game in 2003! His bio also says he won the World Series with the Red Sox in 2007, but it looks as if he was inactive/injured for that entire season. He should be able to give Ethan some insight on how exciting it is to be part of a winning team in Chicago.
Wow, I had no idea, but there aren't too many Cub fans in western Pa. Thanks for filling in the important stuff! I follow Pa. high school basketball pretty closely, which is quite common among has-been old players like me, and I've been hearing about Ethan since he started for Butler as a freshman.
Check out coach Clement's comments about him on the Butler website.

FYI Pine Richland won 6A Football title. They lost to Roman Catholic of Philly in state quarters, not Butler in basketball. Pine Richland made it to state finals 2 years ago but lost to Reading and Lonnie Walker.
You are correct. I believe the loss to Roman Catholic, who won the state title, was in overtime. I never said that Pine Richland lost to Butler though. I think Pine Richland lost their football opener this year to IMG Academy
42 - 0 but games against IMG are essentially meaningless at the state level since they recruit from all over the country.
Just curious, how do you know all this stuff?
Are you a Pine Richland guy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT