May 29, 2001
1. Quiero's INT
2. Thorson's third-and-long completion to Shuler late in fourth quarter
3. Van Hoose closing on the the third-and-long play to force incompletion
4. Thorson's TD.
5. Mitchell's final field goal.

Honorable mention: victory formation!

Go Cats!

I thought holding Stanford to a field goal on the first drive after they really just marched down the field was huge, probably more so mentally than on the score board - gave the defense some confidence that they not only belonged on the field with that offense, but could stop and beat them.

I thought holding Stanford to a field goal on the first drive after they really just marched down the field was huge, probably more so mentally than on the score board - gave the defense some confidence that they not only belonged on the field with that offense, but could stop and beat them.

I agree regarding that first Stanford drive. I thought that Lancaster's tackle on a Stanford reverse was a huge play on that first drive. If Lancaster doesn't get out there, that play goes for a big gain and possibly a TD. I also thought that Wilson's fumble recovery on an ill advised Thorson WR screen pass was huge. If we turn the ball over there deep in our territory, the whole game may have changed. That was Thorson's worst decision of the day.

I agree regarding that first Stanford drive. I thought that Lancaster's tackle on a Stanford reverse was a huge play on that first drive. If Lancaster doesn't get out there, that play goes for a big gain and possibly a TD. I also thought that Wilson's fumble recovery on an ill advised Thorson WR screen pass was huge. If we turn the ball over there deep in our territory, the whole game may have changed. That was Thorson's worst decision of the day.

Wasn't a well executed play at all, but I thought it was a good call. We actually had 2 on 1 outside on that play, but Carr completely missed his block....then he recovered the fumble. If we execute that clean, I think we would have had a nice look at what Roberts can do.

Amen, very heads up play by Wilson. He didn't assume it wasn't a live ball and thus saved the day. I thought Stanford was playing conservatively, figuring NU's rookie QB would eventually make a big mistake. That was almost it.

ADVERTISEMENT