ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Receivers

PURPLE Book Cat

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2007
In perusing the MSU boards, I noticed that the Spartans just picked up a highly rated 4* receiver from TN. The article included an intriguing line:

“Michigan State is not particularly looking to take another WR now that Bell is committed, given the four-man receiver class in 2022 and the relative easy to pick up transfer portal receivers.”

Do we think that the staff is slow to recruit top scale WRs out of HS because they feel they can pick them up in the portal? Anyone that we might have in mind?

Players with any real talent out of HS that are rated 4 stars and above want to start ASAP usually. Face it, with our bogged down offensive system, it will be very hard to get a top rated WR straight out of HS. A disgruntled 4 star WR from another could be seen as a more likely prospect to pick up. Personally, I am pulling for Lasch to be the man, when he comes in and helps reinvigorate the offense. Then we could get another 4 star WR and really get things rolling!!!! Hope springs eternal, but we need to jazz up the offense to bring in top WRs consistently. No kid with NFL dreams is going to commit to a school where he might only get 600+ yards receiving in a season at best.

In perusing the MSU boards, I noticed that the Spartans just picked up a highly rated 4* receiver from TN. The article included an intriguing line:

“Michigan State is not particularly looking to take another WR now that Bell is committed, given the four-man receiver class in 2022 and the relative easy to pick up transfer portal receivers.”

Do we think that the staff is slow to recruit top scale WRs out of HS because they feel they can pick them up in the portal? Anyone that we might have in mind?
Highly rated WRs are prima donnas. Much like CBs. They’re hard to attract at the non premier schools that don’t have cutting edge offensive systems.

Let’s ground and pound it. 1995, 3 yards and a cloud of dust baby.

Players with any real talent out of HS that are rated 4 stars and above want to start ASAP usually. Face it, with our bogged down offensive system, it will be very hard to get a top rated WR straight out of HS. A disgruntled 4 star WR from another could be seen as a more likely prospect to pick up. Personally, I am pulling for Lasch to be the man, when he comes in and helps reinvigorate the offense. Then we could get another 4 star WR and really get things rolling!!!! Hope springs eternal, but we need to jazz up the offense to bring in top WRs consistently. No kid with NFL dreams is going to commit to a school where he might only get 600+ yards receiving in a season at best.
Isn’t our fresh receiver this year a four star? Fleurima?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT