ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Pugh/ grasping at straws

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
So last Saturday while watching the game I noticed Trey Pugh on the sideline....and now we know he will be suited up for the Purdue game. If I remember correctly he had two catches in the B10 championship game....he did not log any minutes in the Bowl game...so I am assuming that he also got hurt in that game......Anyway maybe this jump starts the super back into the offense.helping all other aspects of the offense ??????? maybe ? might ..could ? never know ?? right ?
ON the super back topic...
Does anyone know anymore about Cam Greens decision? Sounds like he just decided he had had enough
Also what happened to Esso from New Trier was that an injury situation?
The lack of production at that position has definitely had some effect on the offense.
Also if you are keeping score at home Charlie Fessler has 51 catches for 650 yds including a 7 reception day against Boston College...I only bring it up because it was another loss from the offense

Reactions: Titanium999
So last Saturday while watching the game I noticed Trey Pugh on the sideline....and now we know he will be suited up for the Purdue game. If I remember correctly he had two catches in the B10 championship game....he did not log any minutes in the Bowl game...so I am assuming that he also got hurt in that game......Anyway maybe this jump starts the super back into the offense.helping all other aspects of the offense ??????? maybe ? might ..could ? never know ?? right ?
Does anyone know anymore about Cam Greens decision? Sounds like he just decided he had had enough
The lack of production at that position has definitely had some effect on the offense.
Also if you are keeping score at home Charlie Fessler has 51 catches for 650 yds including a 7 reception day against Boston College...I only bring it up because it was another loss from the offense

Pugh has missed a ton of time with an injury and struggled to consistently catch the ball when healthy. He has tremendous physical skills, but highly doubt he is a “jump start” for the offense. Would love to be surprised.

Cam Green retired due to long-term health concerns. Speculation is that personal experience with his dad and his former Bears teammates led to heightened concern of CTE and other brain injuries.

Eshoo took a medical DQ before this year.

I don't know the story on two recent local recruits -- Eshoo from Loyola and Kaiser from New Trier -- but both were superbacks that didn't pan out for whatever reason. Certainly doesn't help things.

I don't know the story on two recent local recruits -- Eshoo from Loyola and Kaiser from New Trier -- but both were superbacks that didn't pan out for whatever reason. Certainly doesn't help things.

Both took medical DQs as far as I know.

Believe Eshoo's medical DQ was publicly confirmed by the program, Kaiser's situation seems a bit more sensitive without much public comment from the program.

Fessler was never given the chance he has now been granted.
The superback position is asinine. If a player wants to disappear and never be heard from again, then he has a better chance in the SB position in the NU offense, than the Bermuda Triangle.

The superback position is asinine. If a player wants to disappear and never be heard from again, then he has a better chance in the SB position in the NU offense, than the Bermuda Triangle.
Right. Dan Vitale and Garrett Dickerson were never heard from again after playing SB at NU.

Good grief.

Last edited:
The superback position is asinine. If a player wants to disappear and never be heard from again, then he has a better chance in the SB position in the NU offense, than the Bermuda Triangle
We have two superbacks in the NFL....Vitale and Dickerson.....as well as I think Cam Green led us in receptions last year....It certainly has disappeared this year and I think it is partially responsible for our poor offense........it seems to be that between losing Esso,Green,Pugh and Kaiser we really hit some bad luck

Fessler would not have made a difference here with this offense and he wasn't a superback anyway.

Charlie's an excellent athlete as well as a great receiver. He's also running back punts for Richmond. Charlie's a terrific kid from a first-rate family. He left for a reason which I choose not to divulge. We sure could use him!

Charlie's an excellent athlete as well as a great receiver. He's also running back punts for Richmond. Charlie's a terrific kid from a first-rate family. He left for a reason which I choose not to divulge. We sure could use him!
yep, would think NU could sure use another WR or two. Seems like quite a lot of kids are leaving/retiring lately. Kind of troublesome.

Reactions: drewjin
I watched several of Richmond's games. CAA play is pretty good. Big linemen, just maybe a little smaller frame than Big Ten. Skill players a little smaller. Fessler is a pretty tall, smooth athlete. Not exceptional but good. He would have been fine with NU provided someone could get him the ball.

Reactions: IGNORE

Why even say that much then?

It’s just a bit odd to unnecessarily throw shade at a kid.
Not the case. I know the whole family quite well. They live about a half a mile from me, and I was asked not to post what I know on the Board. So, I know and you don't!

ADVERTISEMENT