ADVERTISEMENT

Trienens

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
NU has submitted their plans for the Final Design Review for the Trienens practice facilities to the Evanston city planners. Nothing really new here.....they will use about 60% of the existing football practice facility for 2 BB courts and a VB court (I wonder what they will use the rest of the building for??). The existing weight room will remain, along with hydrotherapy pools and trainers treatment facilities. There are two auditorium stye meeting rooms. The coaches lockers will be here, athletes will dress in WRA. Trienens will be connected to WRA with a covered walkway. The second floor will have offices for Men's and Women's BB coaches (I assume VB will be in Anderson?).

So things should start to move forward for the final piece of the facilities puzzle very soon. Dang!!

https://www.cityofevanston.org/home/showdocument?id=41351

Reactions: NUCat320
NU has submitted their plans for the Final Design Review for the Trienens practice facilities to the Evanston city planners. Nothing really new here.....they will use about 60% of the existing football practice facility for 2 BB courts and a VB court (I wonder what they will use the rest of the building for??). The existing weight room will remain, along with hydrotherapy pools and trainers treatment facilities. There are two auditorium stye meeting rooms. The coaches lockers will be here, athletes will dress in WRA. Trienens will be connected to WRA with a covered walkway. The second floor will have offices for Men's and Women's BB coaches (I assume VB will be in Anderson?).

So things should start to move forward for the final piece of the facilities puzzle very soon. Dang!!

It'll hold the remaining seats that couldn't fit into Welsh-Ryan.

It’ll get capacity up to 10,000, and Willy will be thrilled.
Nah, once the truth comes out about how we got those extra 3,000 seats in there, we’ll be ashamed of our administration.

#trienensisoutofcontrol
#fakebythelake

Reactions: mikewebb68

This may be a nitpicky complaint, but.... a covered walkway to WRA?? They can't connect the two buildings by a hallway so players don't have to go outside in freezing weather?

This may be a nitpicky complaint, but.... a covered walkway to WRA?? They can't connect the two buildings by a hallway so players don't have to go outside in freezing weather?
You're right!! Looking at the drawings, there are doors on the North and South side of the "connector", so it is indeed enclosed.....

If you examine the WRA plans carefully , you will see capacity approaches 10,000. The Evanston City planning committee has very stringent "potty parity' rules , although the seats have obstructed views, this at least gets WRA up to WC's desired level

Last edited:
Reactions: ubercat
i

i have heard that NU is planning on having the lakefront totally operational by end on june. once all the teams are cleared out of the current facility and at the lakefront, construction will start as soon as possible. can we see things happening by august? how long will this renovation take?

If NU wants to increase seato g
Last I heard was completion "Spring 2019".....

Same on the timeline. It’s a pretty big repurposing an they are reorienting the building moving the entrance to the south from the east. Really opening up the space inside. Surprised with the amount of money they are putting in that they opted to connect the buildings the way they did. I was expecting a tunnel or an bridge.

Surprised with the amount of money they are putting in that they opted to connect the buildings the way they did. I was expecting a tunnel or an bridge.
Given that the locker rooms are on the ground floor in WRA the passage way makes the most sense.

Given how we have owned Iowa over the past decade I suggest we paint our locker room pink. It seems to motivate us

Reactions: NJCat
If you examine the WRA plans carefully , you will see capacity approaches 10,000. The Evanston City planning committee has very stringent "potty parity' rules , although the seats have obstructed views, this at least gets WRA up to WC's desired level
WC! Potty! I wonder what “loo v” thinks!

Reactions: NURoseBowl

1. Action: Approved, 10-0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT