ADVERTISEMENT

TS

Possibly the worst article every written. Just because the writer doesn't follow college football outside of teams vying for the playoff doesn't make Siemian forgettable. He was the leading passer in a bowl win. He lead the team this year to wins over Notre Damn, Wisconsin, and Penn State. He lead a comeback vs Syracuse. Trevor is anything but forgettable.

I especially like that he misspelled Colter's name and then copy/pasted the correct version in a quote without correcting his own version. Oy

Originally posted by realcatfan:
Possibly the worst article every written. Just because the writer doesn't follow college football outside of teams vying for the playoff doesn't make Siemian forgettable. He was the leading passer in a bowl win. He lead the team this year to wins over Notre Damn, Wisconsin, and Penn State. He lead a comeback vs Syracuse. Trevor is anything but forgettable.
Here the skinny. These guys write thousands of articles and the dude was being honest. We watch all the NU games. We also know that Trevor was hurt, had very poor blocking and an incredible amount of drops by his receivers. These guys are writing about players in this case Trevor who are not even rated going into the draft. Thus you get what you get. In Trevors defense I believe that he is a much better QB than he showed this year.

Originally posted by mybrotha:
Originally posted by realcatfan:
Here the skinny. These guys write thousands of articles and the dude was being honest. We watch all the NU games. We also know that Trevor was hurt, had very poor blocking and an incredible amount of drops by his receivers. These guys are writing about players in this case Trevor who are not even rated going into the draft. Thus you get what you get. In Trevors defense I believe that he is a much better QB than he showed this year.
So you're saying because the guy writes so many articles, he gets to half-ass them all? I'd actually be ok with a half-assed article. This was maybe an 1/8th-assed job.

While I agree that the article is sloppily written, you can't really argue with the general point. I also agree that Siemian is a much better player than he showed the last two years, which were hampered by injuries and being in a system that didn't really play to his strengths, but it's not exactly like he was a household name even in Big10 country. I mean, the stats and W/L record are what they are, and for an NFL prospect they're completely unremarkable.

That said, I hope he gets a shot and sticks somewhere. He definitely showed an absolutely amazing arm at times, but to criticize an NFL writer for not thinking he's the second coming is just absurd.

Hard to find fault with "forgettable" when the guy's student newspaper calls him unremarkable.

Hard to find fault with "forgettable" when the guy's student newspaper calls him unremarkable.

At the same time, the guys at the student paper (as well as over on Inside NU), tend to be overly simplistic when it comes to evaluating the QB position/play.

Maybe not much will come out of this, but at the same time, there's a reason why Siemian is getting a look by a good no. of NFL scouts irrespective of what has been written about him elsewhere, much less here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT