ADVERTISEMENT

Tsirtsis

Bwm57

Sep 12, 2011
Reports have Alex Tsirtsis leaving NU. Not sure where he is going, have heard possibly Northern Iowa?

Reports have Alex Tsirtsis leaving NU. Not sure where he is going, have heard possibly Northern Iowa?

Going to Arizona State but not sure if he can compete this year. This is easy for me to say but as an NU grad and former wrestler and having raised four kids I really think an NU degree will bring him far more opportunities than wrestling will. It certainly did for me. It is unlikely that looking at his weight class that he can duplicate that amazing freshman performance. I would have much rather seen him get his degree from NU and maybe moved to freestyle to fulfill his desire to compete. An amazing kid for sure. The pride of Northwest Indiana.

He's been also battling injuries! Brutal sport! He will likely go into coaching. He's pretty solid in freestyle and Zeke Jones(coach at ASU) was the Olympic coach and Olympian.

Disaster! Great new asst coaches! How's is best asst coach we ever had! All it takes is two to three blue chippers.
What an about face. Last year you said the program was hopeless and institutionally disadvantaged by the number of scholarships and support. Sorry but I still think this program will be the new baseball in a few years once baseball gets better under Allen

Hopefully Bryce Brill is ready to go this year!
They will have a few guys who will be fine this year.

Only 18 guys on the roster! Quite low! This is going to be a tougher year than last year! Brill and Sebastian were hurt pretty bad,so not sure of their status. Preseason rankings are out and NU does not have anyone ranked in any weight class. No biggie! Wrestling is kind of on the decline. Too many injuries and NU is a very hard academic school. I've kind of lost my zeal for the sport. It was a thing I did till I was 27 and after five surgeries,had to give up coaching. It was fun,just like roller blading, rock climbing, skiing,but once you start having major surgeries, the family steps in and says "No Mas"! Ala Roberto Duran, boxing's great lightweight. College wrestling is a tad like MMA! Too many risk factors at the highest level! They have to tone down the sport, sort of like the Ivies,not going full go hitting during practice.

I really see football and wrestling being restricted in their ability to cause major injuries to college kids, with impending lawsuits and studies showing damage.

Only when we had Fox,Lang and Herbert ( exept Pariano's first year when they were 18-2) did we win our share of BT duals. I am a life long friend of some of the coaching staff so I only wish those guys well. I've been swamped with work,and just post a few times a day,wishing NU and Indiana do well in all sports.

Sorry to hear. Great competitor for the Wildcats. He's made it clear that this is NOT an indictment of the Northwestern program at all, it was merely a factor of academic issues -- brought upon by some horrible tragedies he went through last year. Certainly hope he gets a chance to compete this year for ASU. And more importantly gets everything together off the mat too.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Sorry to see him go, but sounds like it really had nothing to do with the program. Wish him all the best. Will look forward to see if the new coaches can turn the program back onto the right track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT