ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Tulane, who we play in our second game next season, got grad transfer QB Jett Duffey from Texas Tech. Duffey started the last nine games this past year (and did very well) after the starter got hurt.

Next year could be a difficult year to see significant Improvement record wise. Almost every team we play is going to be a tough game.

Reactions: rmndcat
Next year could be a difficult year to see significant Improvement record wise. Almost every team we play is going to be a tough game.
That's unfortunate as it seems to be a pretty lame schedule. If not significant improvement from the lousy 3 win 2019 then it would mean that 2019 was definitely not "an anomaly".

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2

Sorry, but next year’s schedule is hardly a daunting schedule. 6 wins is a minimum expectation.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Tulane, who we play in our second game next season, got grad transfer QB Jett Duffey from Texas Tech. Duffey started the last nine games this past year (and did very well) after the starter got hurt.
When can we expect NU to get a Grad transfer QB? When?

Tulane loses their outstanding QB McMillan next year. They are an improving team but as we have recently seen going from an experienced QB to figuring out a new direction can be challenging. We can hope anyway.

should be a good test.

Reactions: Titanium999
Tulane was one of my semifinalists for my undergraduate school.

Interestingly, if I had gone to Tulane, I may have ended up at Nebraska anyway, because Katrina hit during the second week of my first year, and there were several Tulane refugees that ended up at UNL.

But, I ended up choosing Nebraska over UChicago in the final decision.

Yep, semifinalists were UNL, Tulane, RPI, and UChicago.

Interestingly, if I had gone to Tulane, I may have ended up at Nebraska anyway, because Katrina hit during the second week of my first year, and there were several Tulane refugees that ended up at UNL.

That's so interesting because your semifinalists are so diverse and seem from afar to not have a ton in common. What was your thought process in choosing schools? Why'd you decide on Nebraska over UC? Are you happy with the choice/would you make the same choice again if you had it to do over? This stuff fascinates me, so appreciate any insights you'd be willing to share.

Reactions: drewjin
That's so interesting because your semifinalists are so diverse and seem from afar to not have a ton in common. What was your thought process in choosing schools? Why'd you decide on Nebraska over UC? Are you happy with the choice/would you make the same choice again if you had it to do over? This stuff fascinates me, so appreciate any insights you'd be willing to share.
Coin flip maybe?

You chose Nebraska over Tulane and Chicago? Why?

I'm assuming it's a better fit for him. I'm more interested in how those schools all ended up on the same list and if he feels good about it when all is said and done.

I eliminated both because I originally thought about going away from my hometown (I grew up in Lincoln).

But one day during my senior year of HS, I chose to go to UNL to allow me a smoother transition. Living in a dorm, but being able to go home if necessary, was my way to gradually transition to independence.

I don't regret any of my academic decisions with respect to where I studied.

Tulane loses their outstanding QB McMillan next year. They are an improving team but as we have recently seen going from an experienced QB to figuring out a new direction can be challenging. We can hope anyway.

should be a good test.
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT