ADVERTISEMENT

Turk's Grades?

Here are a few:

Defense = A, tackling was superb, enough pressure on Hogan, senior ends did a great job setting the edge, linebackers pursuit was noticeably active, secondary gave little ground and kept plays in front of them all day

Walker = A , defensive player of game
Lowry, IO, Gibson = A
Smith = B, blew up McCaffrey to cause a fumble, whiffed on a blitz

Offense = B, outstanding job running the ball, passing game was effective enough, utilized Thorson's athleticsm well without exposing him

Thorson = B, needs (more) work but made some good throws and made a huge play with his feet, seems fearless
JJ = A, so smooth, it looks like he's loafing
North = C, got bulled a bit, good thing Thorson is 6'4", rest of oline = A
CJ = A , got open and caught the ball

Mitchell = A

Reactions: NJCat83588
Here are a few:

Defense = A, tackling was superb, enough pressure on Hogan, senior ends did a great job setting the edge, linebackers pursuit was noticeably active, secondary gave little ground and kept plays in front of them all day

Lowry, IO, Gibson = A

Offense = B, outstanding job running the ball, passing game was effective enough, utilized Thorson's athleticsm well without exposing him

Thorson = B, needs (more) work but made some good throws and made a huge play with his feet, seems fearless

Mitchell = A

Very good! I think you nailed it!!

Unsung hero
Here are a few:

Lowry, IO, Gibson = A

Mitchell = A
Unsung hero, IMO, was Lancaster-----looked like he created some havoc in there.

My unsung hero is Mertz. Thought he brought much needed size and strength to the OL...reminded me of when they moved Dieters to guard a few years back. Also felt Mogus settled down after the initial series and held his own. I think the OL will continue to improve and will get a nice boost when Frazier returns. Looking forward to watching the development of this unit.

My unsung hero is Mertz. Thought he brought much needed size and strength to the OL...reminded me of when they moved Dieters to guard a few years back. Also felt Mogus settled down after the initial series and held his own. I think the OL will continue to improve and will get a nice boost when Frazier returns. Looking forward to watching the development of this unit.

Is Mertz OK? They showed him down on the field (along with Shittu from SU) and went to a TV time-out and never said what the issue was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT