ADVERTISEMENT

Two-deep for Minnesota

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Most interesting moves:

- No Hunter Johnson. Andrew Marty is the No. 2 QB. Fitz said on Saturday that Hunter didn't play because he was hurt.

- Drake Anderson is the starter at RB and Evan Hull is No. 2. Anderson fumbled in the 1Q and didn't return, while Hull ran for 220, 4 TDs.

Reactions: Rebel_
Most interesting moves:

- No Hunter Johnson. Andrew Marty is the No. 2 QB. Fitz said on Saturday that Hunter didn't play because he was hurt.

- Drake Anderson is the starter at RB and Evan Hull is No. 2. Anderson fumbled in the 1Q and didn't return, while Hull ran for 220, 4 TDs.

I'm at the press conference, so we'll see what Fitz says. Part of the reason for Hull could be that he has now played in three games and has one left to keep his shirt.

PJ Spencer at DE. Is Leota OK?

Leota is out. He was out on Saturday too. Spencer is a walkon freshman who played on Saturday for the first time. Four of NU's top five DEs (all but Gaziano) are out.

Leota is out. He was out on Saturday too. Spencer is a walkon freshman who played on Saturday for the first time. Four of NU's top five DEs (all but Gaziano) are out.

Wow. When it rains, it pours.

Most interesting moves:

I'm at the press conference, so we'll see what Fitz says. Part of the reason for Hull could be that he has now played in three games and has one left to keep his shirt.

I asked Fitz about it. He said “we’ll see how things go this week” as far as who’s No. 1 or No. 2. As I expected, he added that he’s balancing Hull’s four-game limit too.

He didn’t have any status updates on Johnson or McGowan, either.

Wow that DL is really banged up. I would expect to see Jason Gold play some on the interior, not sure how many games he's already played. Does anyone know if Duke Olges has played yet? We're going to need the offense to score points to stay in the ga-- never mind.

Wow that DL is really banged up. I would expect to see Jason Gold play some on the interior, not sure how many games he's already played. Does anyone know if Duke Olges has played yet? We're going to need the offense to score points to stay in the ga-- never mind.

Gold has played in at least a handful of games, not sure exact number.

Olges is redshirting this year after shoulder surgery.

Reactions: DaCat
Fitz implied at the Press Conference that Hull would play in one more game and that they were very aware of how many games true freshman had played...He also said that he listens completely to medical staff in determining who is physically ready to play or not,,,,saying he did not know a lot about guys as he does not get a medical report until 4pm on Mondays.....He really layed into the qb room...basically saying that other than TJ Green none of the qbs were mentally prepared and had not done a good job in the off season....I felt he was aiming it equally at Hunter and the rest of the guys.....I wonder if they believed the hype and thought there was no chance for them to play....would not be surprised if we saw Marty or Whitiker again on Saturday.

Reactions: High Hopes Cat
Ben Skowroneck is going through Senior Day activities. I wonder if he is coming back for a 5th year if his injury heals?

Someone asked that very question about Skow and TJ, and Fitz said there's no rule against them celebrating two senior days. It's better than none, in case they can't return. So he's saying don't read anything into it, basically.

Someone asked that very question about Skow and TJ, and Fitz said there's no rule against them celebrating two senior days. It's better than none, in case they can't return. So he's saying don't read anything into it, basically.
Yeah, I posted my comment before he got that question. Since deleted.

Reactions: boassd
Fitz's response at the presser to "Coach, how many wins would you consider a successful season for the Cats"?
8887114.jpg

You get the impression that he is at all happy with how this year has gone?
Geez, I hope not. That said, Fitz-speak has left no impressions at all on me this year. Let's go with "how many passes will Smith complete against Minnesota?" or "How many Big Ten losses remain this year, Coach?" or "what does your book tell you to do if the Cats score a TD against either Minnesota or Illinois, regardless of the score?".

The last time I saw this much conjecture, cogitation, consideration, contemplation, supposition, speculation, projection and wild-assed assumption about Wildcat football was back when Barnett was rumored to be leaving every other week, until he actually left.

The last time I saw this much conjecture, cogitation, consideration, contemplation, supposition, speculation, projection and wild-assed assumption about Wildcat football was back when Barnett was rumored to be leaving every other week, until he actually left.
Is Fitz leaving? Inside info.?

The whole Hunter Johnson saga is a sad tale of unfulfilled potential. Hopefully the last chapter of that story hasn't been written yet.
HJ has two years of eligibility left. His college story is far from over if we can keep him healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT