ADVERTISEMENT

Two items after 2.5 hours of watching paint dry

1830sherman

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
1. What to make of Fitz going for 2 w/a 26 point lead? That was so un-Fitz like. Checked out the coaches' post-game handshake, and it was entirely affable.

2. No mop-up duty for HJ. Just wonder: Does anyone know if he went out for coin toss w/the captains?

Oh, one more. Can't recall an NU defense in recent memory w/so many missed tackles. Four games into the season, how does that get fixed?

1. What to make of Fitz going for 2 w/a 26 point lead? That was so un-Fitz like. Checked out the coaches' post-game handshake, and it was entirely affable.

2. No mop-up duty for HJ. Just wonder: Does anyone know if he went out for coin toss w/the captains?

Oh, one more. Can't recall an NU defense in recent memory w/so many missed tackles. Four games into the season, how does that get fixed?
Third one, I am starting to wonder if it is lack of talent by certain people

Yes Hunter is still a captain, but I don’t think he sees any more PT absent significant injuries.

The two point conversion decision was a head scratcher. My thought was that Fitz wanted to give the offense more reps near the goal line, since they struggled in the red zone all game.

I get the sense mentally HJ is checked out and is done with football.
Bullshit. What evidence do you have other than your crappy "sense"? Give the young man some credit, he seemed engaged in the QB huddle on the sidelines at the end of the game, no indication whatsoever of begin "checked out" or anything. Gee-zuz people!

Marty was on the sideline,,,in some of the huddles....not in uniform...a tan hoodie with #7 on it....had the binocs out...looked like no cast , soft or hard on either hand .

Marty was on the sideline,,,in some of the huddles....not in uniform...a tan hoodie with #7 on it....had the binocs out...looked like no cast , soft or hard on either hand .
Thanks for providing that information.
I'll take factual info like that any day over other people's attempts to mind-read a 20 year old athlete.
I was on the other side of the field, 18 rows up, so I couldn't see the NU bench.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that Ohio had a short lineman named Titsworth who chose to wear the number 69.

Reactions: Turk and StreamCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT