ADVERTISEMENT

Two plays I liked

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Buie came back in the game, made a nice little bounce to Young, and Young brought out a few post moves to score what might have been NU’s final field goal.

Shortly thereafter, NU had a bit of a meandering possession, and Young found himself on the left block. Boo flashed from the opposite wing to the corner , and Young swung a crosscourt pass to find him. (That was the air ball. I did not like the air ball.)

Basically, I like that those two will be pretty good.

I especially like that Young has a decent handle and court vision. I hope his three point game develops into a more consistent weapon next season. (Sorry, old-timers.)

I really enjoyed the play where Boo faked out his man, drove the lane, broke the second defender’s ankles, and then missed the layup.

I hope his three point game develops into a more consistent weapon next season. (Sorry, old-timers.)

The old timers (not me, I am forever young) want to see more of the ball getting to the big guys down in the post. They (not me) don't feel the greatest place for a big is setting screens at the 3 point line over and over again. They are also amazed when we actually get points down low. Nance got a few yesterday. In the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT