ADVERTISEMENT

Two words to describe today's practice...

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Charlie. Fessler.

The big redshirt sophomore wide receiver had himself a day today, with three sensational leaping catches on the sideline. Fitz recognized him after practice by letting him do the break.

I'll post a lot of notes, quotes and observations later today. I also talked to OL coach Adam Cushing and tackle Gunnar Vogel to talk about everyone's favorite subject: the offensive line.

Charlie. Fessler.

The big redshirt sophomore wide receiver had himself a day today, with three sensational leaping catches on the sideline. Fitz recognized him after practice by letting him do the break.

I'll post a lot of notes, quotes and observations later today. I also talked to OL coach Adam Cushing and tackle Gunnar Vogel to talk about everyone's favorite subject: the offensive line.

Good to hear. Always been a little flummoxed as to why we haven't seen more of Fessler, even seemingly losing "tall outside receiver" reps to Skowronek last season.

Charlie. Fessler.

Great to hear Lou. You might remember that Charlie is my neighbor and his parents are friends.

Good to hear. Always been a little flummoxed as to why we haven't seen more of Fessler, even seemingly losing "tall outside receiver" reps to Skowronek last season.
I have this vague idea that Fessler had a nagging injury or something that held him up. No?

I am with GCG... heard a lot about Charlie in the offseason and preseason last year but really only saw him on ST last year. Hope he rises this year with the rest. I am hoping what it sounds is to be true that our WRs are deep this year and CT has a wealth of options to stretch the field and put up points.

And looking forward to hearing about Cush and his O-line...

Charlie. Fessler.

Great to hear Lou. You might remember that Charlie is my neighbor and his parents are friends.

I remember. I thought you'd like that. I'm surprised GCG beat you to a reply.

I have this vague idea that Fessler had a nagging injury or something that held him up. No?
Yes, more than one. The decision to redshirt him as a true freshman was made around the time of the third game. If he can shake the injury bug, I believe he can be a very effective WR for us. By the way, he is a great kid and he loves NU. His older brother Billy is a walk-on quarterback at Penn State.

Yes, more than one. The decision to redshirt him as a true freshman was made around the time of the third game. If he can shake the injury bug, I believe he can be a very effective WR for us. By the way, he is a great kid and he loves NU. His older brother Billy is a walk-on quarterback at Penn State.
And Billy hates it right?:)

I'll second the motion about Fessler as "player of the day." Had a great view of a couple of his grabs including the tip drill against Watkins. Not sure if he came down inbounds but it was still great to see. I think our WRs will be fine even without Carr. Maybe the ball gets spread around more this year.

And Billy hates it right?:)
Don't think so. But these folks are road warriors. One time last season, they watched younger son Henry play a Friday night game for Cathedral Prep and then hit the road for Evanston at about 10:30 p.m., arriving at around 5:30 a.m. They were at the Families tailgate about an hour before the game, and then stopped briefly at our tailgate with Charlie after the win. The Fesslers then went to the nearest t.v. to watch the PSU game at 2:30 Central. Very tired, I'm sure, when they drove back to Erie on Sunday!

Don't think so. But these folks are road warriors. One time last season, they watched younger son Henry play a Friday night game for Cathedral Prep and then hit the road for Evanston at about 10:30 p.m., arriving at around 5:30 a.m. They were at the Families tailgate about an hour before the game, and then stopped briefly at our tailgate with Charlie after the win. The Fesslers then went to the nearest t.v. to watch the PSU game at 2:30 Central. Very tired, I'm sure, when they drove back to Erie on Sunday!

Is Henry a Div 1 prospect? What position does he play? Any chance he follows Charlie to Evanston?

Is Henry a Div 1 prospect? What position does he play? Any chance he follows Charlie to Evanston?
Don't think so Coral. He's a safety who will probably be All-City again, but he's under-sized. Probably not a D-1 prospect, but a great kid. Henry's about 6 inches shorter than Charlie. Charlie's much bigger than he's listed on the roster, which can be verified by GOUNUII. Hope all is well with you.

There are non-stop flights from Erie to ORD, MDW and MKE

Just Kidding, I'm sure funding is limited

Coral, I just spoke with Henry's great uncle today at the golf club. He has only Ivy League offers to date. Cathedral Prep, however is one of the preseason favorites for the state championship in their class.

Nothing wrong with the Ivies...good for him. Any chance he might consider a preferred walk-on spot at NU?
I really don't know, but I'll ask his dad next time I see him, which will be soon. The family is certainly ok from the financial standpoint, but they have, I believe, 5 kids. I suspect that paying for NU would be a tough ticket, as it would be for anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT