ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Berry - Sunrise Christian

Honestly, he's the most promising NU signee I've seen in some time. These types of performances are much better markers than what some guy for Rivals thinks of him.

His composure in the heat of the game is really awesome. Calm and deadly shooter. Collins is finding the talent!!!

His composure in the heat of the game is really awesome. Calm and deadly shooter. Collins is finding the talent!!!

A kid who shines in a top 5 National matchup is something good to see. Buie could be very good but Berry’s ceiling looks higher and why not 2 excellent ball handlers who can score along with Nance, Beran, Kopp and others. A few months ago after one decommit the sky was falling and now it looks like we have more upside young talent than ever.

A kid who shines in a top 5 National matchup is something good to see. Buie could be very good but Berry’s ceiling looks higher and why not 2 excellent ball handlers who can score along with Nance, Beran, Kopp and others. A few months ago after one decommit the sky was falling and now it looks like we have more upside young talent than ever.

He's a different type of player than Buie. It will be interesting to see how he's used. Also, I think Audige will add another good option in the back court. With a good 2021 recruiting class, the future could look pretty promising.

He's a different type of player than Buie. It will be interesting to see how he's used. Also, I think Audige will add another good option in the back court. With a good 2021 recruiting class, the future could look pretty promising.

please elaborate--what kind of players is he and how is he different than Buie.

please elaborate--what kind of players is he and how is he different than Buie.

In my opinion, Berry has a bigger frame and is the better shooter and passer, while Buie is a little quicker and a better finisher. I think CCC wants to play them both, but it's not clear to me which one would primarily be on ball. I'd feel good with Berry at the 1 or the 2. Unclear if Boo has the versatility to move to the 2.

Regardless, Buie, Beran, Nance, Kopp, Young, Audige, Jones, and Berry have the makings of a competitive lineup over the next couple years. Add in Gaines for next year and a developing Nicholson along with a hopefully solid '21 class and my cup is more than half full. If the '21 class doesn't go as planned, I'd expect the staff to go after a transfer or 2.

http://ballislife.com/cleaning-out-the-fab-50-notebook/

Big Weekend For Sunrise Christian, Hamilton Heights

A Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC) program got the big win at the DC Hoopfest, but it’s not often that a program knocks off two WCAC powers in back-to-back outings, but that’s exactly what happened for No. 10 Sunrise Christian Academy (Bel Aire, Kan.). The Buffaloes defeated No. 12 Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.), 61-55, and came back the next night in the event’s final game to shock host and No. 3 DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) 75-67.

The best player on the floor in the Sunrise-Gonzaga game was 6-foot-7, 2021 prospect Kendall Brown, who made some clutch plays and finished with 18 points on 7-of-8 field goals with his only miss coming from behind the arch. Senior point guard Ty Berry was also integral in the win, with good decision-making, ball-handling and outside shooting. He finished with 14 points, including two 3-pointers and is a terrific recruiting coup for Northwestern. Against DeMatha, Berry was the catalyst with 21 points, including 3-of-6 3-pointers, four rebounds and two steals. The Buffaloes were in control throughout, even though Brown didn’t have his best outing.

I'm a little fuzzy on whether if the Bamisile decommitment opened the door for us to get Berry? Or would we have taken both?

Please keep all these updates coming. Inject them directly into my veins.

Found the boxscore from the DeMatha game. In this game, Berry outperformed other top prospects from '20 and '21:

#27 Earl Timberlake (2020)
# 38 Hunter Dickinson (2020)
#124 Jayden Stone (2020)
#17 Kendall Brown (2021)
#39 Zach Clemence (2021)
#76 Jordan Hawkins (2021)

Reactions: DaCat
Found the boxscore from the DeMatha game. In this game, Berry outperformed other top prospects from '20 and '21:

#27 Earl Timberlake (2020)
# 38 Hunter Dickinson (2020)
#124 Jayden Stone (2020)
#17 Kendall Brown (2021)
#39 Zach Clemence (2021)
#76 Jordan Hawkins (2021)

That's a lotta stars on both teams. Looking forward to seeing Ty in purple next year.

WCAC is an unbelievably tough BB conference. Dematha is a legendary program , that came to fame under Coach Morgan Wootten,. Dematha was the only team to beat Power Memorial during the Lew Alcindor years.

Dematha has been supplying great players to the ACC and elsewhere for decades. Dematha produces great FB and BB players.

Gonzaga, Paul VI, St John's(Kevin Plank's Alma mater) Good Counsel are all good academically and athletically. ArchBishop Carroll is really the only survivor of the many community Catholic HSs (Mackin)that used to provide quality education and refuge in DC. The Archdiocese of Washington could no longer support the entire system and gradually the HSs closed in the late 80's as middle class blacks moved to the suburbs to avoid the violent innercity decay

Reactions: cwcorgi-ks
Clips from Ty and Sunrise beating another nationally ranked team by 20 yesterday

Box score

Last edited:
Who that #25? NU could use a guy like that.

Isaac Ondekane, a 2020 big. At 6'8", he may be a little small for a B1G center. But he's getting some Power 5 attention and will be a solid D1 player somewhere. Plays hard, active, moves well. Solid defender, still developing his offensive skill set.

Isaac Ondekane, a 2020 big. At 6'8", he may be a little small for a B1G center. But he's getting some Power 5 attention and will be a solid D1 player somewhere. Plays hard, active, moves well. Solid defender, still developing his offensive skill set.
Thanks. Still think NU needs more bodies like his.

Sounds like Pardon (if he has a long wingspan).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT