ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro

Weird - UW seems like an ideal program to me. If I was a 4 or 5 star kid they would be in my final 4 schools. Wojo must really be doing something at Marquette

Wojo has done a great job recruiting at Marquette. He's consistently brought in top level talent.

But Wiscy has remained a couple rungs above Marquette in terms of performance. Odd decision on the surface.

But the kid should follow his heart. I have a lot of friends who went to Marquette and did very well professionally. And Wiscy will be fine.

Will be interesting to see if this means the newer staff can't recruit. I think that's doubtful.

Wojo has done a great job recruiting at Marquette. He's consistently brought in top level talent.

But Wiscy has remained a couple rungs above Marquette in terms of performance. Odd decision on the surface.

But the kid should follow his heart. I have a lot of friends who went to Marquette and did very well professionally. And Wiscy will be fine.

Will be interesting to see if this means the newer staff can't recruit. I think that's doubtful.
Didn't they get Hero in the first place?

Not saying Wojo is not doing a good job but so far they have one recruit for this class and it looks like WIS out recruited him last year

Actually it would. Vic turning pro would open up a scholarship spot for a 2018 entering player. At a minimum could see a grad transfer.....
[ducks]

Numerically, sure. Effectively, not really.

The last scheduled game in the 2017-2018 season is February 25, 2018. Hopefully the team then plays much further into March. The deadline to declare for the NBA draft is April 22, 2018.

The "early period" NCAA basketball signing window is November 8-15, 2017 while the "regular period" is April 11 to May 16, 2018.

To the extent Herro wanted to wait until the middle/end of the later signing window, it could open up a spot... but that's one hell of a risk for a kid to take.

Numerically, sure. Effectively, not really.

The last scheduled game in the 2017-2018 season is February 25, 2018. Hopefully the team then plays much further into March. The deadline to declare for the NBA draft is April 22, 2018.

The "early period" NCAA basketball signing window is November 8-15, 2017 while the "regular period" is April 11 to May 16, 2018.

To the extent Herro wanted to wait until the middle/end of the later signing window, it could open up a spot... but that's one hell of a risk for a kid to take.

Why not? Every kid's dream is to play hoop for CCC at NU!

Law had a redshirt year for his shoulder right? So he is actually a senior with an extra year of eligibility next year? Who knows? If he plays lights-out this year, maybe he'll play in Europe or Japan or China or something. Is he good enough to play in the NBA? I broached this possibility and it was shot down by another poster. At least Law didn't pull a TJ Parker for this season.

Law had a redshirt year for his shoulder right? So he is actually a senior with an extra year of eligibility next year? Who knows? If he plays lights-out this year, maybe he'll play in Europe or Japan or China or something. Is he good enough to play in the NBA? I broached this possibility and it was shot down by another poster. At least Law didn't pull a TJ Parker for this season.
Yes, and Yes. He has 2 more years including this season.

But is it really that good of an option to go to Europe etc rather than a last year of school? NBA sure but Europe?

But is it really that good of an option to go to Europe etc rather than a last year of school? NBA sure but Europe?
Kids go to Europe because they're not going to the NBA. The NBA summer camp experience is pretty enlightening as to who has a shot and who doesn't.

Stop. Every NU fan should be hoping Vic Law stays for his redshirt senior season and ushers in the new arena he predicted would be built when he committed.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT