ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA

Do your VCR tapes record the original broadcast? There were some great shots of the NU crowd, small as it was, in the closing minutes of the game. My then NU attending son, one of his classmates, and myself were caught on camera to the extent that he was getting calls from his friends back on campus telling him he was on TV. Would certainly like to locate a copy of the complete game tape as I have misplaced mine.

AWK= I saw your post the other day. I have been looking for my tapes. I got married 4 years ago and moved into a new place with my wife. Somehow...magically/strangely a lot of my prized possessions (stuff like me tapes from old games) are nowhere to be found. I have broached this subject with my wife whereas the whereabouts of all my stuff. She seems to think that I am pretty stupid or something. She "claims" that she didn't misplace them or throw them out. I have shed several tears over all of this predicament that I am in without my historical artifacts of NU glory. Evidently, Julia- my wife, seems to think she can evaluate what is worth keeping around for nostalgia and what is garbage. Just thinkiing of missing my sweet belongings brings me to tears. I think Julia threw out all of the tapes. So I guess what I am saying is that these pieces of my glory and grandeur may be gone forever and wasting away in the local landfill. I am really sorry I can't help you out and send a copy of the Kustok pass for victory in the old 'dome. It will, however, be printed in my mind for an eternity. If I were clairvoyant, I'd send you a copy. Rest in peace, my precious tapes....

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
AWK= I saw your post the other day. I have been looking for my tapes. I got married 4 years ago and moved into a new place with my wife. Somehow...magically/strangely a lot of my prized possessions (stuff like me tapes from old games) are nowhere to be found. I have broached this subject with my wife whereas the whereabouts of all my stuff. She seems to think that I am pretty stupid or something. She "claims" that she didn't misplace them or throw them out. I have shed several tears over all of this predicament that I am in without my historical artifacts of NU glory. Evidently, Julia- my wife, seems to think she can evaluate what is worth keeping around for nostalgia and what is garbage. Just thinkiing of missing my sweet belongings brings me to tears. I think Julia threw out all of the tapes. So I guess what I am saying is that these pieces of my glory and grandeur may be gone forever and wasting away in the local landfill. I am really sorry I can't help you out and send a copy of the Kustok pass for victory in the old 'dome. It will, however, be printed in my mind for an eternity. If I were clairvoyant, I'd send you a copy. Rest in peace, my precious tapes....

Ah, one man's treasure is another woman's junk. :rolleyes: (You know, I think you may have solved the mystery as to where my original tape went.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT