ADVERTISEMENT

Vic Law

Law was solid in game 1, but was very good in game 2 with the Lakers tonight. Won them the game down the stretch. The broadcasters raised something I hadn't heard before, which was that Vic had surgery to repair a torn ankle tendon he suffered in the NBL. The crazy thing is that it looks like he only had that surgery about 4 months ago (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...y/news-story/75363400ccfda9da311a8c16b03c7af2).

Players like Law, in that 3-and-d wing mold, are always in high demand. So I assume there's a good shot the Lakers would give Vic a training camp invite or maybe even an exhibit 10 contract. From there, who knows.

Law was solid in game 1, but was very good in game 2 with the Lakers tonight. Won them the game down the stretch. The broadcasters raised something I hadn't heard before, which was that Vic had surgery to repair a torn ankle tendon he suffered in the NBL. The crazy thing is that it looks like he only had that surgery about 4 months ago (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...y/news-story/75363400ccfda9da311a8c16b03c7af2).

Players like Law, in that 3-and-d wing mold, are always in high demand. So I assume there's a good shot the Lakers would give Vic a training camp invite or maybe even an exhibit 10 contract. From there, who knows.
Man it would be sweet to see him in the league. I always thought he had a shot per your point on the premium now assigned to 3-and-D players, and better late than never.

Man it would be sweet to see him in the league. I always thought he had a shot per your point on the premium now assigned to 3-and-D players, and better late than never.

Agreed, it would really mean a lot. He was interviewed after the game, and you could sense his emotion and that he understands this may be his last shot. I just hope his ankle is healthy so he can do this right. If so, the Lakers are definitely not a bad situation to be in.

For one, they are clearly featuring him in their summer league games, which must mean they feel there's something there. For Law to play this close to surgery, I wonder if they even gave him some sort of promise. And second, the Lakers are incredibly old now and have basically 0 young players or draft assets. They absolutely need to identify youngish talent in the free agent market, so it makes sense that they would look at Law. I thought Law would make it with the Magic, but that was honestly a much worse situation for him, so here's to hoping.

Vic Law keeps impressing - 11pts 9 reb in 20 minutes in another win versus the Warriors.

Really hopeful Vic gets picked up, and feel he should as I've heard efficient 3-and-D wings are in demand in the NBA. And if it means anything, he's also a super hard worker, high character person. Rooting for him! I'll even become a Lakers fan if they sign him!!

ADVERTISEMENT