ADVERTISEMENT

Vitale to the Buccaneers

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Congratulations to Dan Vitale - he was just drafted in the 6th round. I look forward to following his career in the NFL with his work ethic and skillset. ESPN reported that he started 49 of 50 career games at Superback.

Congrats to Dan! I hope he will have a long and successful NFL career like another NU fullback before him, Bob Christian.

As a Bucs fan I couldn't be more thrilled. Even better for Dan is the Bucs do not have a FB on the roster right now. He should be able to come in and compete for not just playing time but a starting role

The next Drake Dunsmore! (Hoping Vitale has a longer, stronger career. Very exciting!)

As a Bucs fan I couldn't be more thrilled. Even better for Dan is the Bucs do not have a FB on the roster right now. He should be able to come in and compete for not just playing time but a starting role

Whenever they are not playing the Packers, I root for any team with a Wildcat on their roster, unless they just happen to be the Bears. So, I will be eager to cheer on the Bucs this season. There is something to love about fullbacks, kind of a disappearing throwback breed at least when used in the traditional sense. John Kuhn, for example, is perhaps the second or third most beloved guy in Green Bay now and the fans love it when he plows ahead carrying or blocking or catches a short toss. Go gettum, Dan.

Here is a question. As I recall Dan was no part of the game plan in the Outback Bowl, his most recent trip to Tampa. I just looked at the stats and saw zero carries and no receptions. Not that the game outcome would have been much different, but why was he not front and center on the final game of his career with the college and pro fooball world watching? Was it a physical thing, or illness, or just a coaching brain fart, maybe?

Here is a question. As I recall Dan was no part of the game plan in the Outback Bowl, his most recent trip to Tampa. I just looked at the stats and saw zero carries and no receptions. Not that the game outcome would have been much different, but why was he not front and center on the final game of his career with the college and pro fooball world watching? Was it a physical thing, or illness, or just a coaching brain fart, maybe?

The world wonders.

Do us a favor and keep us up to date about his status and performance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT