ADVERTISEMENT

Voles fans-you have been warned

Phil,

Your virtual presence is always heralded as a sign that Darkness will soon be defeated. Has the Oval Office enlisted you to fight ISIS by distributing leaflets picturing your abdominal muscles over the sands of Syria?

Your humble servant,

Hungry

Phil,

Your virtual presence is always heralded as a sign that Darkness will soon be defeated. Has the Oval Office enlisted you to fight ISIS by distributing leaflets picturing your abdominal muscles over the sands of Syria?

Your humble servant,

Hungry
My left and right biceps serve as signs of bi partisanship. My days as a war hero are long gone, but I have sent over some ideas for some tactical mission operatives that I think may help defeat Isis.

Phil

My left and right biceps serve as signs of bi partisanship. My days as a war hero are long gone, but I have sent over some ideas for some tactical mission operatives that I think may help defeat Isis.

Phil
It is becoming clear that Hungry Jack is Footballphilreturned. But that's okay. It's a good character.

Thanks Football Phil. As you are prancing around the parking lots, hallways, and restaurants of Tampa to abuse VOL fans, just remember that in the action-adventure movies Tennessee is referred to as the "State of Shooting Things." That is because 7 out of every 10 is packing heat and knows how to use it---including the women.
Oh man, that's encouraging. Keep in mind this is a football game, not a shoot out.

Thanks Football Phil. As you are prancing around the parking lots, hallways, and restaurants of Tampa to abuse VOL fans, just remember that in the action-adventure movies Tennessee is referred to as the "State of Shooting Things." That is because 7 out of every 10 is packing heat and knows how to use it---including the women.

Glad my pickup days are behind me. As far as I know, at least.

Those of us that carry do not refer to it as "packing heat". Gang bangers and other assorted criminal types use that term. EDC is the acronym.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Phil,

Several years ago, renowned strongman Magnus Ver Magnusson wrote on his blog that he offered his wife to you as a token of his respect and admiration. And Pudzianowski said he would happily detail your Humvee and groom your seven Rottweilers and two bull Mastiffs in exchange for your training secrets. Have you ever struck up a friendship with the strongman crowd?

Phil,

Several years ago, renowned strongman Magnus Ver Magnusson wrote on his blog that he offered his wife to you as a token of his respect and admiration. And Pudzianowski said he would happily detail your Humvee and groom your seven Rottweilers and two bull Mastiffs in exchange for your training secrets. Have you ever struck up a friendship with the strongman crowd?

I have. I trained with Ronnie Coleman back in the day, and took Magnus up on his offer as well. However, she was not as good as Mannings wife.

I have given them some of my secrets. I believe in deloading on lifts every 6 weeks, as my squat numbers are currently my deloading numbers. I believe in burn out sets and supersets for muscle growth. Also focusing on the posterior chain has helped me keep my size.

As I have aged I have started to enjoy the finer things in life. A nice steak, a carb here or there, my own wife, and an off day at the gym.

Phil

I have. I trained with Ronnie Coleman back in the day, and took Magnus up on his offer as well. However, she was not as good as Mannings wife.

I have given them some of my secrets. I believe in deloading on lifts every 6 weeks, as my squat numbers are currently my deloading numbers. I believe in burn out sets and supersets for muscle growth. Also focusing on the posterior chain has helped me keep my size.

As I have aged I have started to enjoy the finer things in life. A nice steak, a carb here or there, my own wife, and an off day at the gym.

Phil
Phil- legend has it that you were friends with the Cisco Kid....and, that you are the most interesting man in the world.

The legend grows....stay thirsty my friend...

Go Cats!

Ron Coleman is an old neighbor of mine. His brother ran with our crowd for a time in college

Tennessee Fans

I am 6'3, 265 pounds, 3% bodyfat. I squat 600 (for 10 reps), 500 pound bench, and 675 deadlift. Goatee, crew cut, and old spice. I just finished my workout, took my post workout supplements, did a few poses, and wanted to post on here after a few years off of working on physique.

This is not a warning, this is an ultimatum.

I was recently on vacation, and saw a Voles fan at the beach, and later at the hotel gym. We had a friendly conversation. I helped spot him with his 135 max bench. I jokingly let him know that the TN football team will need as much help as he does on the bench when playing the Cats. He ridiculed me, so on the next spot I let him drop the weight on his neck. I think he was crushed as bad as some of you are over Woodson winning the Heisman.

I will be patrolling the lots before the game in my Northwestern muscle T. You will be able to tell who I am on my sheer physical appearance alone, broad shoulders, and calves like cows. You will address us by "sir" and "mam", and will be grateful you are able to play us.

I have seen too much pandering back and forth on this site, and its time for it to stop. It is inexcusable, the war is over.....you lost.

I was an All American wrestler and will be putting some of you toothless fans in headlocks until you are completely in submission. If you disrespect any Northwestern fans I will be on to you quicker than a brother is onto his sister once she hits 17 in Tennessee.

I am open to suggestions from Northwestern fans as well on how I should handle this (as open as Peyton Mannings marriage is).

Here is to a good game, and no problems. If there are problems be ready to be headlocked by my 20 inch biceps and the smell of oldspice.

Phil
I'd like fries with that, Sir...

A measure of patience is due our guests from Tennessee. Please pay heed as I endeavor to explain the phenomenon known as "Football Phil."

Simply put, Football Phil is a force for good in the world. He simply adjudicates all acts of evil based on a personal code of conduct that supersedes any legal entity or jurisdiction. If you are righteous, if you are just, if you are virtuous, if you are respectful, the Football Phil will bless you with his universal benevolence.

Imagine the physique of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, the intellect of Aristotle, the wisdom of the great Buddha, and the ruthlessness of Richard Bronson. If you can imagine that, you can imagine Football Phil.

But like any character from a Clint Eastwood film, be it the conflicted Josey Wales, the regretful Frankie Dunn, or the haunted Walt Kowalsky, Football Phil has a dark side. When conditions warrant, he becomes the unwilling enforcer--a man who knows the pain and duty of having to bring harm to a fellow man who has given in to Darkness. Phil, being a force of light, illuminates Darkness in very unsubtle ways. Do not veer into Darkness around Phil.

I first met Phil decades ago. I was alone on a 12-day backpack in the Rawah Wilderness, far from the trappings of civilization, and frankly in some distress. My water filter had broken, and in my ignorance had been burning fuel to boil water. It was Phil who set me on the path to greater consciousness. He approached my high camp by scaling a 40-ft cliff with his 230lb pack (Phil always carried a set of 90-lb dumbbells for curls on his backpack trips). Seeing my distress, he gave me his last bottle of Old Spice, wherein the alcohol-based solvents provided a potent source of fuel. He then gave me his last muscle tank t-shirt, a supple blend of fabrics composed from merino wool and the golden tresses from Assyrian virgins that was so finely woven that it was ideal for filtering fluids. His parting words to me that day, "Yo, increase the peace, brah" still resonate in my mind decades later.

Phil pays no particular allegiance to country or flag. He is universal. However, he does express a heartfelt fondness for Northwestern and the football Wildcats. Phil toiled for NU during the Dark Ages, a period during which the administration was openly hostile toward athletics. Had it not been for Phil, Northwestern very likely would have dropped the program in the early 1970s, when disco was nearing its apex as a social phenomenon. Though only a strapping 19 year old weighing 230 lbs, Phil possessed the gravitas to "discuss important matters" with much older, more accomplished men. It was Football Phil who strode unannounced into the office of President Robert Strotz one summer day. Phil had just completed his eighth set of gassers, yet still was composed enough to deliver a message to Strotz, who that day intended to deliver a resolution to the Board that football be abolished at Northwestern.

Phil's message to Strotz was simple: "My left bicep represents the Arts. My right bicep represents the Sciences. They are beautifully apportioned, as you can plainly see. If you disband football at this fine institution, you will be crushed by Arts and Sciences."

Word has it that Strotz was visibly shaken, but even his myopic mind could grasp the notion that athletics and academic excellence could co-exist, and in fact be mutually re-enforcing. It is also believed that Yassar Arafat, in his famous "Olive Branch" speech before the UN, borrowed directly from Phil's "advice" delivered to Strotz that fateful day.

Now in his sixties, Phil's physique has barely aged. But his wisdom and sense of duty to society has blossomed. Phil regularly patrols Northwestern games, enlightening guest fans to the ways of eternal light, steering them away from the Darkness.

I may be guilty of sacrilege but that was perhaps better than any actual footballphil post ever. Well done.

That's not to take anything from the exploits and sheer awesomeness of the man himself. Every legend needs a bard to fairly underscore his exploits and adventures. Phil is much too humble to give justice to such a song himself.

Last edited:
Note to self: Steer clear of Phil at the game!

I know NU has a great wrestling program. My dad is very good friends with Ken Kraft. I hope Coach Kraft is still with us, but I don't know.

We had a good program until Doug Dickey discontinued it in 1986, I guess due to Title IX. We had a legendary coach in Gray Simons. We had several NCAA placers, including one individual champ in Chris Edmond (1985). http://www.friendsoflongislandwrestling.com/pdf/Edmond.pdf

Phil,

A vole is a rodent. Little creatures don't particularly bother me, but I know some big, tough guys who are deathly afraid of mice and spiders. Are you afraid of little creatures that bite?

I am afraid of no man, animal, or Vole fan. If you remember from our meeting, even the forest mice found refuge with me.

Phil

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I have not been hands on, since I was with your wife last night.

We have excellent dental. Can you sweep the floors?

Phil

I see that working in a destination occupation for high school dropouts is a great fit for you. Can't wait for you to break out "yo momma's so fat" jokes.

If you take sufficient care of your teeth, you will only need cleaning/check-ups every 6 months. As for your sweeping problems. I'm sure you have someone there who can teach you how to sweep the floors (and brush your teeth). Maybe this guy can help you out. He may have to go slow so you can keep up.

hqdefault.jpg

Wow, Mustard's Last Stand is still there. I remember that from many years ago. Anybody remember B&G's? Remember that closer to where we lived. I think there was an A&P in there, too. Evanston is such a great place. They used to flood Ackerman Park in the winter for ice skating. My grandmother worked at The Tower restaurant on Gross Point Road. Another great place that I know is still going strong is Hackney's. Harms Road location the best. Going to have to make a trip to E-town soon.

Hung
Phil,

Any truth to the rumor that the new lakeside facility will be named in your honor? I also heard that Mustard's Last Stand wanted to name a special hot dog after you, but your disdain for fatty meats nullified this plan.
Hungry,

IIFYM--if it fits your macros, it can be OK. I was a huge proponent of fast food restaurants moving towards lean protein (minimum of 25 grams a day). I am currently working with Mustards on a hotdog as well. I like the name "thefullPHILmentwiener". I am also planning on donating a large amount of money for the new weight lifting facilities at the lakefront.

As I get older in my years I realize that's sooner than later I will have to give over the reins to someone. You are the Robin to my Batman, the ying to my yang. Sooner than later I will need someone to take over. But you will have to stop the heavy cardiovascular workouts, and start heavy weight training. High intensity cardio, and low intensity cardio is fine, but I do not want you burning off all of hard earned muscle on long bike rides.

Phil

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Hungry,

IIFYM--if it fits your macros, it can be OK. I was a huge proponent of fast food restaurants moving towards lean protein (minimum of 25 grams a day). I am currently working with Mustards on a hotdog as well. I like the name "thefullPHILmentwiener". I am also planning on donating a large amount of money for the new weight lifting facilities at the lakefront.

As I get older in my years I realize that's sooner than later I will have to give over the reins to someone. You are the Robin to my Batman, the ying to my yang. Sooner than later I will need someone to take over. But you will have to stop the heavy cardiovascular workouts, and start heavy weight training. High intensity cardio, and low intensity cardio is fine, but I do not want you burning off all of hard earned muscle on long bike rides.

Phil

Have you met Hank "the Tank" Reynolds? He's a bit like Hayduke, a squat hairy beast who has sympathies for anarchic measures against governmental interlopers, but is in reality a highly intelligent individualist who abhors antisocial behavior. You might know him from his wrestling days at Montana St, where he put himself through school as a mechanic fixing the giant boring machines that worked the mines. Word is his weaker left arm could generate 500 ft lbs of torque using a simple wrench. His right arm was so strong, the wrench would often break.

"Tank" is enrolled in graduate school at NU in a multidisciplinary program that combines metaphysics, kinesiology and quantum mechanics with a concentration in Sanskrit. He often attends Wildcat games and is bewildered by Michigan fans who have no clue how to change the flat tires they get parking in the west lot. For fun, he lifts the car by the rear bumper while his girlfriend, a lingerie model pursuing a degree in neurosurgery, changes the wheel as the Wal-Mart Wolverines look on in stunned silence.

Anyways, I thought you might appreciate this westerner who has taken to NU. He intends to build a cabin Lake Forest once his studies are done, but he has been having trouble finding lodgepole pines 120 ft in length. He does all his millwork by hand using frontier-style implements. He would welcome your assistance.

Last edited:
Tennessee Fans

I am 6'3, 265 pounds, 3% bodyfat. I squat 600 (for 10 reps), 500 pound bench, and 675 deadlift. Goatee, crew cut, and old spice. I just finished my workout, took my post workout supplements, did a few poses, and wanted to post on here after a few years off of working on physique.

I was recently on vacation, and saw a Voles fan at the beach, and later at the hotel gym. We had a friendly conversation. I helped spot him with his 135 max bench. I jokingly let him know that the TN football team will need as much help as he does on the bench when playing the Cats. He ridiculed me, so on the next spot I let him drop the weight on his neck. I think he was crushed as bad as some of you are over Woodson winning the Heisman.

I will be patrolling the lots before the game in my Northwestern muscle T. You will be able to tell who I am on my sheer physical appearance alone, broad shoulders, and calves like cows. You will address us by "sir" and "mam", and will be grateful you are able to play us.

I have seen too much pandering back and forth on this site, and its time for it to stop. It is inexcusable, the war is over.....you lost.

I was an All American wrestler and will be putting some of you toothless fans in headlocks until you are completely in submission. If you disrespect any Northwestern fans I will be on to you quicker than a brother is onto his sister once she hits 17 in Tennessee.

I am open to suggestions from Northwestern fans as well on how I should handle this (as open as Peyton Mannings marriage is).

Here is to a good game, and no problems. If there are problems be ready to be headlocked by my 20 inch biceps and the smell of oldspice.

Phil

Footballphil in real life. Perfect shirt color and everything.

o-doyle-rules-billy-madison.jpg

Hung

Hungry,

Phil

"thefullPHILmentwiener"
Oh man. That's fantastic.

Tennessee Fans

Phil
this should be interesting as i have been jiu jitsu for over eight years. if i see you i am gonna talk smack like a 6'3 265lb has been ex-wrestler. then i will put you to sleep like a 2 year old child. i dont know how the game is gonna go, but i believe it will be a good game. i am sorry your board here is an open board and as soon as you get 500 members i am sure it will be closed.

this should be interesting as i have been jiu jitsu for over eight years. if i see you i am gonna talk smack like a 6'3 265lb has been ex-wrestler. then i will put you to sleep like a 2 year old child. i dont know how the game is gonna go, but i believe it will be a good game. i am sorry your board here is an open board and as soon as you get 500 members i am sure it will be closed.
Does the b stand for buffoon and you just can't spell it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT