ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Who was the best Northwestern tight end over the last 25 years?

Who was the best Northwestern tight end over the last 25 years?

• Drake Dunsmore

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • Dan Vitale

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • Garrett Dickerson

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cameron Green

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (reply with your choice)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
We've got Dan Persa as the quarterback, Justin Jackson as the running back and D'Wayne Bates as the wide receiver.

Now it's time to pick the best tight end -- or superback, whichever your prefer -- at Northwestern over the last 25 years.

First, read the WildcatReport story: Who was the best Northwestern tight end over the last 25 years? Then, cast your vote here.

We've got Dan Persa as the quarterback, Justin Jackson as the running back and D'Wayne Bates as the wide receiver.

Now it's time to pick the best tight end -- or superback, whichever your prefer -- at Northwestern over the last 25 years.

First, read the WildcatReport story: Who was the best Northwestern tight end over the last 25 years? Then, cast your vote here.
Lou, one minor edit: neither Randy Walker nor Wilson introduced the recently retired “super back” position.

Mike Dunbar did in 2002. Here’s an article following the 2001 team that refers to them as tight ends... prior to Mike D taking over.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2002/05/02/archive-manual/staking-his-claim/

Reactions: lou v and DaCat
My memory sucks. Dunsmore was a superback? He seemed more like a big wideout
Of course Vitale didn't look like a tight end either. Anyway I voted for Danny V, notwithstanding the amazing play in the Outback Bowl by Dunsmore. Watching from the same side of the field and he was going the other way, it was "inconceivable" that he wasn't tackled or OOB

My vote is Dunsmore, mostly for that one TD but also because he had better numbers than Vitale (but probably benefited from a better QB situation).

I’d like to mention Jay Tant, who holds the NFL record for first down percentage (1 career catch, 1 career first down), and from whom I acquired an autographed football at some point circa 1999.

Drake Dunsmore hands down. His Outback bowl performance was one for the ages...

Dunsmore's four TD game against Indiana was pretty impressive as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT