ADVERTISEMENT

Washington - Rutgers

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
Washington has two gargantuan defensive tackles plus defensive backs with size that love and are good at press coverage. I now understand why NU couldn't get anything done on offense. Plus their receivers are very big and fast. Physically they just look like all studs.

One of their two gargantuan defensive tackles got hurt, I believe, in the fourth quarter or perhaps late in the third quarter. Rutgers immediately attacked that hole on the next play and ran in it from long distance for a touchdown. All to say that personnel made a difference in that circumstance.

Rutgers is fine but, man, were they hitting all the cards in that game based on the talent on the field.

Washington is good! Very well coached and stud athletes on both sides. Their kicker sucks and they get a lot of penalties at inopportune times. Rutgers was given that game. Washington beat themselves.
Penalties, missed FG, and mental errors will kill you every time.

Washington has two gargantuan defensive tackles plus defensive backs with size that love and are good at press coverage. I now understand why NU couldn't get anything done on offense. Plus their receivers are very big and fast. Physically they just look like all studs.

One of their two gargantuan defensive tackles got hurt, I believe, in the fourth quarter or perhaps late in the third quarter. Rutgers immediately attacked that hole on the next play and ran in it from long distance for a touchdown. All to say that personnel made a difference in that circumstance.

Rutgers is fine but, man, were they hitting all the cards in that game based on the talent on the field.
RU running back also one of the best

Washington is good! Very well coached … they get a lot of penalties at inopportune times. …Washington beat themselves.
Penalties at inopportune times is, like, the opposite of well-coached.

Good systems, good athletes, make dumb mistakes.

I wonder how many appreciated Northwestern's lack of penalties versus U Washington's plethora last week:

81qlvtkcxqrh.jpeg

Good perspective, even though Washington lost. Also a tremendously hard place to play. The opportunity for NU to have many better Saturdays the rest of the year if the bye week can be well-utilized by the offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT