ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT

heet75

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2001
Got this movie quote in my head and I can't figure out what movie...it was something like "there comes a time to put away childish things"...

Got this movie quote in my head and I can't figure out what movie...it was something like "there comes a time to put away childish things"...

Well, The original quote is from the New Testament. I remember it used in the film North Dallas 40, when the coach is trying to make the receiver act like an adult, G.D.Spradlin speaking to Nick Nolte.

Well, The original quote is from the New Testament. I remember it used in the film North Dallas 40, when the coach is trying to make the receiver act like an adult, G.D.Spradlin speaking to Nick Nolte.

Indeed. Another great quote from this underrated film is when John Matuszak is talking to a coach and he says something like: "Every time I call it a game, you call it a business, and every time I call it a business, you call it a game."

I think it was my mom when she first saw my dorm room....ahhh Farrah Fawcett
iu

Indeed. Another great quote from this underrated film is when John Matuszak is talking to a coach and he says something like: "Every time I call it a game, you call it a business, and every time I call it a business, you call it a game."
That is good; never heard it before.

Maybe “The Deer Hunter.” A quote like that shows up in that great movie.

There is a line really close to that (I don't think it is exact) in "Harold and Maude."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT