ADVERTISEMENT

We can realistically win the BIG Ten!

mybrotha

Jul 21, 2011
At the risk of sounding Wrassleresque, I believe that we have a legitimate shot to win the big ten. I watched most of the OSU-IU game today and from what I saw of OSU we can beat them, I have a feeling it's going to come down to NU vs. OSU in the final and I think it's a game we can win. If Thorson continues to improve with this defense and good special teams play like we are getting, we can actually be in it for a national championship shot. Crazy, but it's more than just a possibility. Next Saturday's game at Ann Arbor will give us a great glimpse into the future. It's gonna be a tough game for a redshirt freshman with 100 thousand plus on hand and the defense the Wolverines employ. Go Cat's!

This could be one of those magical years for NU. The Wildcats may get to the Big Championship, but it might not be against OSU. The Bucks have the talent but aren't playing up to it. A team does it a game or two you take it for what it is. If the team does that consistently, that is what the team is.

Right now if the teams continue the way they are playing through the end of the season, the Championship Game may be a rematch of NU and Michigan.

It is a long season but with this D just about anything is possible.

At the risk of sounding Wrassleresque, I believe that we have a legitimate shot to win the big ten. I watched most of the OSU-IU game today and from what I saw of OSU we can beat them, I have a feeling it's going to come down to NU vs. OSU in the final and I think it's a game we can win. If Thorson continues to improve with this defense and good special teams play like we are getting, we can actually be in it for a national championship shot. Crazy, but it's more than just a possibility. Next Saturday's game at Ann Arbor will give us a great glimpse into the future. It's gonna be a tough game for a redshirt freshman with 100 thousand plus on hand and the defense the Wolverines employ. Go Cat's!
We might have to beat Mich twice. At this point, they look like the power in the East.

We might have to beat Mich twice. At this point, they look like the power in the East.

I agree. I've seen some people say, "who has Michigan beaten?" but they're clearly playing the best of the Ohio State/Michigan State/Michigan trio over the first five weeks of the season. Not sure what happens when it's all said and done, but they'd certainly have my vote right now.

I agree. I've seen some people say, "who has Michigan beaten?" but they're clearly playing the best of the Ohio State/Michigan State/Michigan trio over the first five weeks of the season. Not sure what happens when it's all said and done, but they'd certainly have my vote right now.

Well, Michigan got within a touchdown of what looks like a very good Utah team and throttled a decent BYU team. They've allowed a total of 105 yards for two weeks in a row. That would be impressive against a Division II school, let alone two FBS opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT