ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Leftovers: A Baldwin-Christie package deal?

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Here's what Rivals' Corey Evans had to say about the possibility of five-stars Patrick Baldwin Jr. and Max Christie playing together in college:

Another potential ‘package deal’ in the 2021 class that is Patrick Baldwin and Max Christie. Here is what
Christie told Rivals.com earlier this spring regarding the two playing together in college:

“I have known Pat since we were in sixth grade and obviously, we have had some talks here and there, but it hasn’t been anything necessarily huge. I think that it is kind of accidental actually that we have both the same type of schools on our list but yeah, Pat is someone that I am close with and talk to every now and again.”

You bring up Duke and Northwestern as destinations which is fairly accurate because I cannot see those two together elsewhere. Of the two, I would say that Duke has the best chance primarily because they are the blue blood in this instance and are accustomed to enrolling five-star talent like Baldwin and Christie practically every year compared to Northwestern.

Now, I will say, this is a unique circumstance. Northwestern coach Chris Collins has been gearing up for this chance for a few years. Both of Baldwin's parents played at Northwestern and Christie's mother played at Northwestern. The two are very good friends, as Christie stated, which has been developed over the years dating back to middle school which Collins is definitely selling, along with the strong academics the schools can offer and its close proximity to each.

I see the two going their separate ways, whether that is Duke, Kentucky or Milwaukee for Baldwin, and Duke, Michigan State, or Virginia for Christie. There is, though, a small chance the two stick it out and form one of the better guard-forward combos in the sport come the fall of 2021.

Story: Wednesday Leftovers

Corey is trying to generate content, bless his heart, but there's nothing new here. NU has a decent chance to land both.

Reactions: NUCat320
Corey is trying to generate content, bless his heart, but there's nothing new here. NU has a decent chance to land both.

He's not generating content. It was a question tweeted to him. There's nothing new, but he's just answering a question.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
Baldwin is not going to Duke. Period.
FB has already stated that its either NU or a school in Wisconsin.

Is there any chance that the Christie family hasn't know for years that Cameron is welcome at NU.

(take with a huge grain of salt)

Duke insider with a CB to Michigan St recently for Christie

idk how true it is, but i'm guessing that means he ain't going to dook

(take with a huge grain of salt)

Duke insider with a CB to Michigan St recently for Christie

idk how true it is, but i'm guessing that means he ain't going to dook
According to Turk, neither him or Baldwin will be going to dook. Pay no attention to the 80% probability that Baldwin picks Duke. I believe Turk about this since he confirmed it on this site. Down to NU and I think Wisconsin.

Reactions: Pete Purple
Nothing but a hunch, but think for PBJ, it'll ultimately be down to playing for his pops or the 'Cats - where his family can easily see him play (even Sr should be able to find openings in his schedule to get to a # of games at WR).

Think Christie is more inclined to be headed to Dook, but doesn't necessarily mean that that's where he'll end up.

Can't but help get the feeling that Christie wasn't exactly enamored by recruiting being primarily handled by K's staff even if that's the way it has been for the Dook program for some time now.

Maybe Izzo taking a more active role will be enough to sway Christie.

Last edited:
I’ve thought all along that Baldwin will play for his dad.

Last edited:
Lots of Twitteration today about Christie picking MSU, along with Akins. If Bates reclassifies, State is going to have a pretty, pretty, pretty good 2021class

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Lots of Twitteration today about Christie picking MSU, along with Akins. If Bates reclassifies, State is going to have a pretty, pretty, pretty good 2021class

Well there goes Turk's fairy tale.

A secret package deal or something like that. A done deal supposedly. :confused:
Geez, you don't know how to read. I made some statements based off of a very good source last month. What I said is that PBJ is down to 2. A school from Wisconsin and NU. And I believe the school from Wisconsin is actually UW which is more entrenched than some services say. But, at the end of the day, he is coming here. I believe Casey also knew this when he made his decision 'sight unseen' . There is a reason why our recruiting is in the Top 5. Not knocking down Collins but even a wizard couldn't pull off this class unless there was discrete disclosure. I mean, our team has absolutely sucked for 2 years yet we are in the Top 5 right now and after landing PBJ we may be top 3.
At any rate, any 'combo' would have to be someone solid since Gaines would be solid depth, if offered and if he wanted to stay. IMO, I think it's going to be a combo and the reason why I say that is due to the increasing chatter of a walk-on for PBJ. That isn't an original thought as it makes absolutely no sense and appears absurd, AND discredits anyone talking about it, nonetheless, it was spoken as a possibility. Not sure if it's Christy or some other stud but I seriously doubt he walks on for any ole 3 star.

Reactions: Titanium999
Geez, you don't know how to read. I made some statements based off of a very good source last month. What I said is that PBJ is down to 2. A school from Wisconsin and NU. And I believe the school from Wisconsin is actually UW which is more entrenched than some services say. But, at the end of the day, he is coming here. I believe Casey also knew this when he made his decision 'sight unseen' . There is a reason why our recruiting is in the Top 5. Not knocking down Collins but even a wizard couldn't pull off this class unless there was discrete disclosure. I mean, our team has absolutely sucked for 2 years yet we are in the Top 5 right now and after landing PBJ we may be top 3.
At any rate, any 'combo' would have to be someone solid since Gaines would be solid depth, if offered and if he wanted to stay. IMO, I think it's going to be a combo and the reason why I say that is due to the increasing chatter of a walk-on for PBJ. That isn't an original thought as it makes absolutely no sense and appears absurd, AND discredits anyone talking about it, nonetheless, it was spoken as a possibility. Not sure if it's Christy or some other stud but I seriously doubt he walks on for any ole 3 star.
Cueing WickerPark to write a post “verifying” Turk in 3, 2, 1...

Thanks for sharing Turk. I think there’s some validity here as I don’t think even Turk would stick his neck out this far if what he heard wasn’t real. At least I’m hoping that’s the case.

PBJ to NU!!

The world is flat!!

Go Cats!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT