ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 TV

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Can someone explain how Hawai'i-Michigan is the most compelling noon game to as to be on ESPN? I think WMU-NU will be a much better, tight, competitive game yet it is relegated to the "U"....

Hawaii at Michigan, 12:00 pm, ESPN
Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, Dr. Jerry Punch

Western Michigan at Northwestern, 12:00 pm, ESPNU
Clay Matvick, Dusty Dvoracek

Fitz, I think two words explain it fully: "Media" and "Harbaugh."

Those media types, they love them some Harbaugh to talk about. He's got more sub-plots running than Days of Our Lives, the man can keep talking heads in business for years.

Fitz, I think two words explain it fully: "Media" and "Harbaugh."

Those media types, they love them some Harbaugh to talk about. He's got more sub-plots running than Days of Our Lives, the man can keep talking heads in business for years.

Good point.

Can someone explain how Hawai'i-Michigan is the most compelling noon game to as to be on ESPN? I think WMU-NU will be a much better, tight, competitive game yet it is relegated to the "U"....

So what? The easy answer simply is to attend the game! Evanston is much more fun than ESPNU.

Honestly it is Power 5 vs Group of 5 in both games, and I reckon that the big (out)house ought to have 80k more people than our humble abode.

This is probably more suitable for the Rant board, but Michigan is the Hilary Clinton of football. you are going to get them, like it or not.

Objectively, if Northwestern wasn't playing WMU, I would have no idea they were projected to be a good team or that this could be a close game. Hawaii @ UM getting the nod makes perfect sense.

If I can get in town for the game, I will. Otherwise, I might be watching on ESPNU on tape delay... provided that Carthage's announcer doesn't spoil the game!

By the way, kick-off at noon will be 6:00 am Hawai'i time.

If you think Stanford was affected, how 'bout them Rainbow Warriors?

Money talks. Body clocks walk.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
The first thing I will do when I step on my campus is figure out how and where I can catch the northwestern games. Since I'm used to being able to catch them at home and make a game or two.

By the way, kick-off at noon will be 6:00 am Hawai'i time.

If you think Stanford was affected, how 'bout them Rainbow Warriors?

Money talks. Body clocks walk.

I think they are already there. Hopefully a week is enough to recover and pummel Cal.

Actually, Hawaii is headed first to Australia for their opener against CAL to be played there Saturday. Then they jet to Michigan for the game that plays simultaneous with our opener. Talk about messed up body clocks!

On top of that The Rainbow Warriors have had a 3 way quarterback battle going on until just Thursday and of course also have a new coach.

Here is a reporting courtesy of KITV, the ABC affiliate in Hawaii for which my daughter-in-law is an evening news anchor:

"First-year University of Hawaii head football coach Nick Rolovich made it official on Thursday that senior quarterback Ikaika Woolsey will get the start for the Rainbow Warriors against the Cal Bears for their season opener on August 27th (26th in Hawaii) in Sydney, Australia.

This brings a two-and-a-half week long quarterback battle to an end. Woolsey beat out redshirt freshman Aaron Zwahlen and junior college transfer Dru Brown."

"Since being recruited out of Rodeo, California, Woolsey has dealt with six different Offensive Coordinators. Rolovich signed Woolsey before leaving for Nevada, then it was Tommy Lee, Aaron Price, Jordan Wynn, Don Bailey, now Brian Smith.

The Rainbow Warriors depart for Sydney, Australia this Saturday. " KITV

Note above quotes from August 18th KITV reporting so in fact the Hawaii team is now in Australia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT