ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 Depth Chart

Newsome back? That's good news if true.
More likely it is a gameday decision. Gold is obviously seriously hurt and out.

Amazing that there are four true First Year linemen on the week 2 depth chart. Can't recall that ever happening before.

Reactions: Zootcat
Amazing that there are four true First Year linemen on the week 2 depth chart. Can't recall that ever happening before.

I was thinking the same thing. I think this is likely a reflection of improved recruiting in the last few years thanks to OL Coach Anderson and perhaps (this is pure speculation) less reluctance to play first years under the Bajakian regime than in the McCall era.

Another question is, where would Skoronksi have lined up if Slater hadn't opted out? RG? Can't imagine him not seeing the field, based on his first game performance.

Reactions: Titanium999
Another question is, where would Skoronksi have lined up if Slater hadn't opted out? RG? Can't imagine him not seeing the field, based on his first game performance.
From various comments by the coaches, it seems they view Skoronski as a tackle. I believe he would be starting at RT if Slater did not opt out.

Hope we get healthy at DT Tough missing Gold and Kent but having an Elite MLB helps. Great seeing the seniors get a chance to play. Most of the Big games were pretty good. Nice to have it back.

I was thinking the same thing. I think this is likely a reflection of improved recruiting in the last few years thanks to OL Coach Anderson and perhaps (this is pure speculation) less reluctance to play first years under the Bajakian regime than in the McCall era.

Priebe and Wrather are on the two-deep due to the departures/injuries to Slater, Stovall and He’Bert.

Butler is on the two-deep due to the departures/injuries to Miller, Kent and Gold.

Skoronski on the two-deep regardless.

Reactions: Titanium999
ADVERTISEMENT