ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 on the horizon in the Big Ten

cidsports

Nov 8, 2001

Week 2 is huge for key teams, as Week 1 brings back Big Ten Football as Week 8 of the College Football season concludes.

1. Wisconsin heads to Lincoln to face Scott Frost and the Nebraska Cornhuskers .... do the Badgers move to 2-0❓
  2. Northwestern 1-0 takes to the road to face Iowa, where they have won 3 of last 4, while the Hawkeyes just fell 3 to last 4 to Purdue‼️
  3. Purdue at Illinois with hopes of WR Rondale Moore back and of course HC Jeff Brohm and their ST coach, down with the virus.
  4. Minnesota is 0-1 and heads to Maryland, after the Terps were dismantled by the Wildcats in Evanston.

Reactions: zbag51

Week 2 is huge for key teams, as Week 1 brings back Big Ten Football as Week 8 of the College Football season concludes.

1. Wisconsin heads to Lincoln to face Scott Frost and the Nebraska Cornhuskers .... do the Badgers move to 2-0❓
  2. Northwestern 1-0 takes to the road to face Iowa, where they have won 3 of last 4, while the Hawkeyes just fell 3 to last 4 to Purdue‼
  3. Purdue at Illinois with hopes of WR Rondale Moore back and of course HC Jeff Brohm and their ST coach, down with the virus.
  4. Minnesota is 0-1 and heads to Maryland, after the Terps were dismantled by the Wildcats in Evanston.
1. UW
2. Minny
3. NU
4. PU
5. Nebby
6. Io_a
7. Lovie

2. Northwestern 1-0 takes to the road to face Iowa, where they have won 3 of last 4, while the Hawkeyes just fell 3 to last 4 to Purdue‼

Quote:
"So, my best guess at B1G West power rankings are: 1) Wisco 2) Northwestern 3) Purdue 4) Iowa 5) Neb 6) Minn 7) IL Thoughts?"

If Wisconsin has to play without Graham Mertz in the coming weeks and Northwestern's Ramsey has an equally impressive outing against Iowa, #1 and #2 on that list may reverse.

Power rankings for me:
1. Wisconsin
2. (tie) Purdue, NU
4. (tie) Io_a, Minnesota, UNL
7. Illinois

I just don't see a whole lot of separation between the middle of the pack. Nebraska was destroyed by OSU, but I'm going to guess that the other four teams in the middle of the Big Ten West would probably suffer similar fates, so I'm not really sure where Nebraska really fits. Michigan was better than expected, so again, I'm not sure where Minnesota's loss really puts them in the power rankings. Iowa clearly has issues, but still only lost to Purdue by 4, despite Bell's 3 TDs.

Even Wisconsin's win is tempered by the fact that it was, well, you know, against Illinois.

Next week is definitely key in terms of sorting out the middle of the pack and seeing where we fit.

Lest someone calls me a cop-out for putting in ties, here is my ranking list if you force me to pick teams:
1. Wisconsin
2. Purdue
3. NU
4. UNL
5. Minnesota
6. Io_a
7. Illinois

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT