ADVERTISEMENT

Well… we made the bottom 10

Savage! At least Colorado is #1, Oklahoma is #5 and our old foes Akron and BGSU are also “ranked”.

what those meanies said (we play the bye and then Maryland, not I_wa):

8. North by Northworstern (1-5)​

You might assume the Mildcats would have a fighting chance this weekend against Iowa, a team that never scores actual touchdowns, but keep in mind Northwestern just lost 42-7 to Wisconsin, a team that doesn't have an actual head coach.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
Our fall is complete

I wonder when the last time we were in the Bottom 10 was (not including the 5 hole).

Well deserved and probably late recognition to be honest. We are horrid.

• Sad
I wonder when the last time we were in the Bottom 10 was (not including the 5 hole).

Well deserved and probably late recognition to be honest. We are horrid.
Possibly in 2019. I can't look it up at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Our fall is complete

As I said earlier this week, I hoped we would make the Bottom 10, and I'm glad we did. Not because I'm happy to be in the Bottom 10, mind you, but because I think we are in the Bottom 10 and we should have to reckon with that publicity and reality.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
As I said earlier this week, I hoped we would make the Bottom 10, and I'm glad we did. Not because I'm happy to be in the Bottom 10, mind you, but because I think we are in the Bottom 10 and we should have to reckon with that publicity and reality.
I promise you that Fitz doesn’t give two shits about the bottom 10.

Hey! That rhymes! Between that and the “Patus quo” slogan I coined on the rock, I think I’ve got something cooking.

Reactions: Jaguar 88

Hey! That rhymes! Between that and the “Patus quo” slogan I coined on the rock, I think I’ve got something cooking.
I'll bet Fitz will be annoyed when he's asked about it every week, especially if NU continues to climb the rankings. All the little annoyances will add up.

Old Fitz made worst 5, just behind Franklin and Shaw:

Pat Fitzgerald | Northwestern​

Total compensation: $5,372,318

Fitzgerald has worked absolute miracles at the school, winning 10 games three times in his 17 seasons. If that buys him more time to produce more subpar seasons, so be it. But for Fitzgerald, who is the second-longest tenured coach in the conference, if making nearly $6 million and winning the Big Ten West every couple of years is the ceiling, he and the powers that be need to say it. Because at that salary, there is no reason why the Wildcats can’t dominate the division. But the question remains, is anyone else better equipped to coach this team? Not likely. It's important to remember that because Northwestern is a private school, Fitzgerald's most recently available compensation information is from federal tax records covering pay for the 2020 calendar year, including bonuses paid and value of benefits and perquisites.

Old Fitz made worst 5, just behind Franklin and Shaw:

Pat Fitzgerald | Northwestern​

Total compensation: $5,372,318

Fitzgerald has worked absolute miracles at the school, winning 10 games three times in his 17 seasons. If that buys him more time to produce more subpar seasons, so be it. But for Fitzgerald, who is the second-longest tenured coach in the conference, if making nearly $6 million and winning the Big Ten West every couple of years is the ceiling, he and the powers that be need to say it. Because at that salary, there is no reason why the Wildcats can’t dominate the division. But the question remains, is anyone else better equipped to coach this team? Not likely. It's important to remember that because Northwestern is a private school, Fitzgerald's most recently available compensation information is from federal tax records covering pay for the 2020 calendar year, including bonuses paid and value of benefits and perquisites.

I know I'm talking to die-hard fans here, but do we really need a good football team and all the nonsense spending that goes with it? U Chicago seems to be doing just fine. And when people learn I'm an NU grad and my son is a U of C grad, guess what impresses them?

Meth, it’s called meth.

I know I'm talking to die-hard fans here, but do we really need a good football team and all the nonsense spending that goes with it? U Chicago seems to be doing just fine. And when people learn I'm an NU grad and my son is a U of C grad, guess what impresses them?
Apparently, PF, Ryan and the AD don’t think so.

Reactions: Colonel Kong
With Colorado’s victory, they escaped the bottom 10 and we dropped. We’re now #3.

Speaking of off weeks, the Mildcats spent theirs licking their post-Wisconsin wounds while Wisconsin spent its weekend making Northwestern's 42-7 loss to the coachless Badgers even Northworstern as they lost to then-2-4 Bottom 10 Wait Listers Michigan State in double overtime. Now NU travels east for the kind of classic regional rivalry that is quickly becoming the trademark of the Big Ten, a visit to Maryland.

• Sad
Reactions: Go Catz
With Colorado’s victory, they escaped the bottom 10 and we dropped. We’re now #3.

Speaking of off weeks, the Mildcats spent theirs licking their post-Wisconsin wounds while Wisconsin spent its weekend making Northwestern's 42-7 loss to the coachless Badgers even Northworstern as they lost to then-2-4 Bottom 10 Wait Listers Michigan State in double overtime. Now NU travels east for the kind of classic regional rivalry that is quickly becoming the trademark of the Big Ten, a visit to Maryland.

:(

Embrace the suck.

Reactions: IGNORE2
The team should be quite motivated to win now. If they lose out in the same fashion that they have been, then it will merit a #1 ranking on the list.
Will they be motivated to win, or are they beaten down and ready for the season to end? (I know how the fans are...)

• Sad
Savage! At least Colorado is #1, Oklahoma is #5 and our old foes Akron and BGSU are also “ranked”.

what those meanies said (we play the bye and then Maryland, not I_wa):

8. North by Northworstern (1-5)​

You might assume the Mildcats would have a fighting chance this weekend against Iowa, a team that never scores actual touchdowns, but keep in mind Northwestern just lost 42-7 to Wisconsin, a team that doesn't have an actual head coach.
If they're going to botch our name, I think I'd rather be called "Nerdwestern"

Will they be motivated to win, or are they beaten down and ready for the season to end? (I know how the fans are...)
Yeah I don't see any reason to expect victory. Sullivan might provide a spark, which will be interesting but he can't play two ways and make tackles.

Also since no one else has griped about it, we finally get our starting kicker back (what kind of injury can a kicker get that last 6 weeks?) And he misses a 3 yard field goal.

Yeah I don't see any reason to expect victory. Sullivan might provide a spark, which will be interesting but he can't play two ways and make tackles.

Also since no one else has griped about it, we finally get our starting kicker back (what kind of injury can a kicker get that last 6 weeks?) And he misses a 3 yard field goal.
Expect victory! Demand change. This program is an embarrassment right now.

Otherwise we’ll be known for Top 10 academics and bottom 10 football.

(And bottom 10 Men’s Basketball, but that’s a separate concern.)

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT