ADVERTISEMENT

What does Jerry know?

iskaboo

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2011
London, UK
I took notice of this paragraph in an Inside NU article:

Brown also was not overly concerned about the tremendous run of injuries suffered by his group. “Well I think we’ll be better than what people think, so I’m not overly concerned because I know who’s going to be out there and other people don’t,” Brown said.
Could this mean that Rod Campbell and others (who aren't on the two-deep) could be ready to play soon? Jerry knows.

Brown also was not overly concerned about the tremendous run of injuries suffered by his group. “Well I think we’ll be better than what people think, so I’m not overly concerned because I know who’s going to be out there and other people don’t,” Brown said.
Could this mean that Rod Campbell and others (who aren't on the two-deep) could be ready to play soon? Jerry knows.

Or it could mean they're in the process of moving Queiro to CB for the time being. Or that they think highly of Moe. There's no way of knowing.

It's good to be optimistic, but I for one am not counting on Campbell or Mayo playing anytime in the noncon.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Or it could mean they're in the process of moving Queiro to CB for the time being. Or that they think highly of Moe. There's no way of knowing.

It's good to be optimistic, but I for one am not counting on Campbell or Mayo playing anytime in the noncon.

With Wisconsin, Penn State and a perhaps unexpectedly dangerous Maryland as NU's first three B1G games, I wouldn't risk any of the secondary guys who aren't close to 100 percent ready to go during the nonconference schedule. We all want to go unbeaten, but the Cats will have no chance at the division title unless they win at least one of the first three league games.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
With Wisconsin, Penn State and a perhaps unexpectedly dangerous Maryland as NU's first three B1G games, I wouldn't risk any of the secondary guys who aren't close to 100 percent ready to go during the nonconference schedule. We all want to go unbeaten, but the Cats will have no chance at the division title unless they win at least one of the first three league games.

We're already psyching ourselves out about Maryland? Texas looked wildly overrated (more like the team that went 5-7(3-6) last year than a top-25 team), then the Terps ost their dynamic QB to an ACL injury. While I really liked Hill as a recruit and he looked composed to close out the game, there's going to be some growing pains for a true freshman QB once he gets to conference play.

Or he just loves his guys and has all the confidence in the world in them. I get that vibe from Coach Brown.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Maybe not for BGSU but DUKE might be a little different. You don't risk long term injury in any event

Good call boo...Jerry did know. Amazing recovery by Trae Williams.

We're already psyching ourselves out about Maryland? Texas looked wildly overrated (more like the team that went 5-7(3-6) last year than a top-25 team), then the Terps ost their dynamic QB to an ACL injury. While I really liked Hill as a recruit and he looked composed to close out the game, there's going to be some growing pains for a true freshman QB once he gets to conference play.

Hindsight is 20-20, but do you really think NU looks better than Maryland at this point?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT