ADVERTISEMENT

What if Minnesota wins out?

I shudder to think. They have zero quality wins and the way the West is going the only decent win would be if they beat PSU next week. But if they won in Indy it would be against an OSU team probably ranked in the top 3. However if OSU slips up and has a loss going into the CCG, I don’t see Minny getting the playoff due to lower SOS.

Absolutely. No way they are left out.
they will probably lose two or three of their remaining games. Pen. St and Wisconsin at home and at Iowa. of course they also have to play NU in Evanston. Don't think I'll comment on that.

An undefeated Power 5 champion is a lock for the playoff, especially when there's likely only two other undefeated teams.

Reactions: cidsports
If they go 12-0 and somehow win in Indy, are they a playoff team? I know it's not likely, but it's fun to speculate.

Sure, they'd have wins against Penn St, Iowa, and Ohio State. Not likely, but they should get in if they pull that off.

It would be sweet if we could spoil their season. We'll be a trap game for them.

Sure, they'd have wins against Penn St, Iowa, and Ohio State. Not likely, but they should get in if they pull that off.

It would be sweet if we could spoil their season. We'll be a trap game for them.
And that is what will make it fun going to the game. We need a signature win and if minny is undefeated prior to playing us then it will be a win for us against a top 10 team.
When was the last time that happened?

ADVERTISEMENT