ADVERTISEMENT

What if the new facility on the Lake makes the players less hungry?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
What if the proximity to the general student body causes players to acclimate more to the general student body that does not participate in the violent sport of football? What if this monumental purchase turns out to do just the opposite? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
My life at Northwestern began as a wrestler in 1980 where I took fifth in the Illinois Open wrestling tournament featuring all the top schools in Illinois and nearby. That year I wrestled first string for a while and lettered. However, as an upperclassman,I tried WaMu, had a girlfriend, went to dances,and enjoyed the general student body at NU! In essence,, I turned soft. Can this happen to our current crop of football players?

My life at Northwestern began as a wrestler in 1980 where I took fifth in the Illinois Open wrestling tournament featuring all the top schools in Illinois and nearby. That year I wrestled first string for a while and lettered. However, as an upperclassman,I tried WaMu, had a girlfriend, went to dances,and enjoyed the general student body at NU! In essence,, I turned soft. Can this happen to our current crop of football players?
Sure it could happen but I wouldn't blame the facility for it. If anything the new facility would at least be a novelty for the deep bench warmer who doesn't expect to play.
I do think that transition is hard and takes energy so the benefits of the new facility certainly are not fully in effect in the few months that it has been open. My guess is it will take a couple seasons before the coaches figure out the sweet spot on how to regulate use of the facility.

Nice facilities don't seem to make Bama or Clemson into pu$$ies......

Bama and Clemson players aren't lulled to tranquility every day by a huge lake with a beach 20 feet away.

I think a reciprocal move to the basement of Tech will be in Fitz's future after he goes 3-9 three years in a row.

Bama and Clemson players aren't lulled to tranquility every day by a huge lake with a beach 20 feet away.

I think a reciprocal move to the basement of Tech will be in Fitz's future after he goes 3-9 three years in a row.

Have them jump into that "tranquil" lake a few times when practice isn't going well. Having jumped into Lake Michigan a few times myself, I guarantee that will wake them up.

It can happen! Look what happened to Rocky in his second film. It took Apollo Creed to drag him back to a regular gym.

It can happen! Look what happened to Rocky in his second film. It took Apollo Creed to drag him back to a regular gym.
Dang! Now u r talking! I was quite miserable getting my body ripped apart in the wrestling room. But,when I started partaking in campus events like dancing at frat parties I was happy as a clam. Needless to say,I wrestled as an upper classmen but stank up the joint!

ADVERTISEMENT