ADVERTISEMENT

What if we beat Wisconsin and PSU?

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Pre season pollsters have PSU as a consensus #6 and Wisconsin #13. We are flirting with Top 30 ranking coming into the season. Assuming we win our OOC and our two early Big games, we would have a great opportunity to be ranked within the top 15 and should have a great path to our first Division crown. Obviously, winning at Wisconsin would be the toughest thing to do on the field this year, but who knows.

Pre season pollsters have PSU as a consensus #6 and Wisconsin #13. We are flirting with Top 30 ranking coming into the season. Assuming we win our OOC and our two early Big games, we would have a great opportunity to be ranked within the top 15 and should have a great path to our first Division crown. Obviously, winning at Wisconsin would be the toughest thing to do on the field this year, but who knows.

It is a great opportunity. I can't decide if I love that there is so much resting on a good start or fear it. If we can go 5 & 0, there is no reason to think we will not be division champs.

Does anyone know if there are any available tickets for NU fans still available for the Wisc. game? Is going thru the NU athletic ticket office the best route to take towards procuring the best seats for the Badger game? If we do, as Deeringfish postulates, beat Wisc. and PSU, what is the consensus this year on who from the east we would play- Mich or OSU? I find it hard to fathom that Meyer will be able to beat Harbaugh for a third year in a row- especially now that H. has all his own recruits in place. But then again, Meyer has still gotten better classes than H..

Last edited:

Then we are a pretty good team.

Reactions: ricko654321
Beating wisconsin twice in a row at madison may be asking too much. Does wisconsin play another sec school prior to playing us? They always got some good running games.

Does anyone know if there are any available tickets for NU fans still available for the Wisc. game? Is going thru the NU athletic ticket office the best route to take towards procuring the best seats for the Badger game? If we do, as Deeringfish postulates, beat Wisc. and PSU, what is the consensus this year on who from the east we would play- Mich or OSU? I find it hard to fathom that Meyer will be able to beat Harbaugh for a third year in a row- especially now that H. has all his own recruits in place. But then again, Meyer has still gotten better classes than H..

Until he does it I have to go with OSU. They were slightly down last year but I don't see any reason for a drop off.

It's always possible that Wisconsin and or PSU isn't as good as their preseason rankings indicate. Keep in mind Wisconsin lost two high draft picks, and their starting QB and RB from last years roster. Obviously given their consistency over the years we need to give them the benefit of the doubt, but something to consider.

Also prior to last year PSU was a program who struggled to beat MAC teams at home. They aren't going to sneak up on anyone this year, and repeating wont be easy.

It's always possible that Wisconsin and or PSU isn't as good as their preseason rankings indicate. Keep in mind Wisconsin lost two high draft picks, and their starting QB and RB from last years roster. Obviously given their consistency over the years we need to give them the benefit of the doubt, but something to consider.

Also prior to last year PSU was a program who struggled to beat MAC teams at home. They aren't going to sneak up on anyone this year, and repeating wont be easy.

Plus, if PSU beats us, would that be Frankin's first over Fitz? I guess second.

Fitz is 3-0 against Franklin. 2012 Vandy, 2014 PSU, 2015 PSU.
Good luck Psu 2017 will bear no resemblance to those teams.Franklin has recruited at a much higher level and now of course has a level playing field.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT