ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to Chris Pool, the guy who started this board?

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I looked online but there are a ton of Chris Pool's there and I could not find one that linked back to this site or rivals (maybe I just missed it).

Ah those were the days (and the days of Doctor Doom and the Big Ten Boards. Imagine, boards sponsored and maintained by the actual conference....oh boy I think that would not happen now outside of Division 3). And the Chciago Tribune boards, remember those?

How time flies.

I would love to find archived the Chicago Tribune Northwestern board. If I recall correctly Fitz was still a player when I posted that he would/should become a coach for Northwestern. Even during the Rose Bowl year when he had to sit out the game itself, he was impressively there on the sidelines motivating his teammates.

Reactions: DaCat
I was actually recently wondering what happened to mikero - long time poster on rivals who appeared to have some connections; haven't seen him around for 4 or 5 years now probably

Reactions: NUCat320
No sports board was more morbidly entertaining for me than CardsTalk, an asylum for St. Louis Cardinal baseball fans (I’m one). The ringleader, or perhaps more aptly, agent provocateur, was Moxie.

I described him before. He was the most creatively condescending, insulting and entertaining poster ever. The frothing minions at CardsTalk gave him ample fodder.

I went through the archives and copied many of Moxie’s posts and saved them. Occasionally I go back and read them, and never fail to laugh. Moxie had a feline tortie cat named Roscoe who was teaching himself the oboe. He had a chat lamp that he would switch off after every post. He referred to Cardinal fandom as “The Stupids”, to Mark McGwire as “the Red Hermit”, to Kip Wells or similar reclamation projects as “putative starting pitcher” and so on. He drove others there batty with his well timed missives. He was extraordinarily skilled at stirring a pot of crazies.

There was an epic incident in the midst of free agency season when a rumor was about that the Cardinals were pursuing AJ Burnett. A poster reported “seeing Burnett at the airport.” A 10 page thread erupted in about 15 minutes. I am not exaggerating. It was all hot air, an orgasm of fawning idiocy of the masses spurred by one unsubstantiated comment. That is pure Internet gold, if you are into that kind of phenomena.

Another guy proclaimed in a thread “Our season is over” in late March for a team that went on to win 97 games. That phrase was preserved as a meme for posterity, and actually employed on other Cardinal fan boards. it might even apply to Willy.

The collective idiocy of CardsTalk has likely been surpassed only by the UT boards. Or imagine 500 DRoskis posting without moderation. On second thought, don’t. But you get the picture.

Last edited:
Great thread Euro.... my failing memory has me struggling to remember the different boards many of us traveled along before settling here.

Reactions: rmndcat
The first gathering I remember was on AOL...it was amazing to find another group of Northwestern fans to bat things around with. And Brad Kaiser's recruiting reports were gold! Loved those back in the day...someone should pull up some of those class summaries from years ago...

Ok

1. CoachRoy Is alive and well. I see him and have limited contact with him on Facebook.
2. mikero is alive and well. I see him on Facebook, and he probably still attends all the home games.
3.Brad Kaiser Is alive and well, and might even be closer than you think. He was last spotted with his lovely family eating barbecue at the Purple Party in Nashville.Of course, lots of us realize his board name, and he can out himself if he wishes.
4. Some of you might remember JustZed who used to post here. Actually he had at least three different board names because he kept forgetting his board name so he had to sign up again, but all of his names had a zed in it. ( Small world, but after posting here for a while under their board names, Zed, Midvale and RevCat realized that they had been fraternity brothers at the same time at Northwestern.)I am still in contact with Zed and his wife, they are Mucho big fans and attend lots of games, just don’t post here anymore.
So anyway a while back, at least six or eight years ago, Zed moved to the Nashville area, he doesn’t live there anymore, and one day he starts chatting with the couple who just moved in across the street. Lo and behold it was Chris Pool. The two couples became good friends and loved to talk about big 10 football.As of not too long ago, Pool was still living in the Nashville area, I won’t mention which suburb but I stayed in that suburban with coral springs when we went to the bowl game., and was still involved with college football. I think he might’ve been working for Hudl.Many of us knew Pool personally, and he was always a good dude. I spoke to him quite a few times. If anyone else here knew him personally and wishes to make contact, I can pass it along to Zed.

Ok

1. CoachRoy Is alive and well. I see him and have limited contact with him on Facebook.
2. mikero is alive and well. I see him on Facebook, and he probably still attends all the home games.
3.Brad Kaiser Is alive and well, and might even be closer than you think. He was last spotted with his lovely family eating barbecue at the Purple Party in Nashville.Of course, lots of us realize his board name, and he can out himself if he wishes.
4. Some of you might remember JustZed who used to post here. Actually he had at least three different board names because he kept forgetting his board name so he had to sign up again, but all of his names had a zed in it. ( Small world, but after posting here for a while under their board names, Zed, Midvale and RevCat realized that they had been fraternity brothers at the same time at Northwestern.)I am still in contact with Zed and his wife, they are Mucho big fans and attend lots of games, just don’t post here anymore.
So anyway a while back, at least six or eight years ago, Zed moved to the Nashville area, he doesn’t live there anymore, and one day he starts chatting with the couple who just moved in across the street. Lo and behold it was Chris Pool. The two couples became good friends and loved to talk about big 10 football.As of not too long ago, Pool was still living in the Nashville area, I won’t mention which suburb but I stayed in that suburban with coral springs when we went to the bowl game., and was still involved with college football. I think he might’ve been working for Hudl.Many of us knew Pool personally, and he was always a good dude. I spoke to him quite a few times. If anyone else here knew him personally and wishes to make contact, I can pass it along to Zed.
Thanks for the update and insight FloridaAlum!!!

Reactions: FloridAlum
No sports board was more morbidly entertaining for me than CardsTalk, an asylum for St. Louis Cardinal baseball fans (I’m one). The ringleader, or perhaps more aptly, agent provocateur, was Moxie.

I described him before. He was the most creatively condescending, insulting and entertaining poster ever. The frothing minions at CardsTalk gave him ample fodder.

I went through the archives and copied many of Moxie’s posts and saved them. Occasionally I go back and read them, and never fail to laugh. Moxie had a feline tortie cat named Roscoe who was teaching himself the oboe. He had a chat lamp that he would switch off after every post. He referred to Cardinal fandom as “The Stupids”, to Mark McGwire as “the Red Hermit”, to Kip Wells or similar reclamation projects as “putative starting pitcher” and so on. He drove others there batty with his well timed missives. He was extraordinarily skilled at stirring a pot of crazies.

There was an epic incident in the midst of free agency season when a rumor was about that the Cardinals were pursuing AJ Burnett. A poster reported “seeing Burnett at the airport.” A 10 page thread erupted in about 15 minutes. I am not exaggerating. It was all hot air, an orgasm of fawning idiocy of the masses spurred by one unsubstantiated comment. That is pure Internet gold, if you are into that kind of phenomena.

Another guy proclaimed in a thread “Our season is over” in late March for a team that went on to win 97 games. That phrase was preserved as a meme for posterity, and actually employed on other Cardinal fan boards. it might even apply to Willy.

The collective idiocy of CardsTalk has likely been surpassed only by the UT boards. Or imagine 500 DRoskis posting without moderation. On second thought, don’t. But you get the picture.

As an avid Cubs fan, I LOVE the ‘Cards Talk’ board. Social media has done more to quell the notion of St. Louis being ‘Baseball Heaven’ and their fans being the ‘Best Fans in Baseball’ than anything any other fan base our group could have done to undermine it.

I think he might’ve been working for Hudl.

If Pool lives in Brentwood, I'll bet he works for 24/7. Hudl I think is headquartered in Lincoln, NE. Funny, small world: I used to work one floor above 24/7 in the same building. Pool and I probably ran into each other and didn't even know it.

Brad Kaiser is definitely still alive and well. I saw him this morning while I was shaving.

Here is a summary of former NU sites that I found on Waterboy's website. Thanks Waterboy:

Northwestern Wildcats Football WebSite (mid 1995 - May 2002) -- Jim Jackson's fan site was a groundbreaking resource, with news, graphics, and commentary. Jackson began the site in 1995 and continued updating it until the 2000 season. It stayed on the Web nearly two more years.Fans can see an archived version of Jim Jackson's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Wildcat Den (mid 1995 - 1996?) -- Along with the pages by Jim Jackson, Chris Chen, and Brad Kaiser, the Wildcat Den was one of the four original NU fan pages, and one of the first to be presented with graphics. There is no known on-line archive of the Wildcat Den.
cjc's Unofficial Northwestern Wildcats Football Site (mid 1995 - Sept. 2005) -- Chris Chen's site featured news, schedules, team info, Web articles, and more. His site began as a student page on Northwestern's pubweb before being moved into private space. cjc's last real update came in October 2000, after which it remained on the Web, but was dormant. In September 2002 the site switched URL addresses again, but remained inactive. Finally in September 2005 cjc's site, the last remaining of the four "original fan sites," dropped from the Internet.Fans can see an archived version of cjc's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Unofficial Northwestern Recruiting Site (1996 - May 2004) -- Site by Brad Kaiser. Featured thorough analysis of NU football recruiting. Updated regularly from 1996 until 1999. Dormant from February 1999 until early May 2004.Fans can see an archived version of Brad Kaiser's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Wildcat Zone (late 1996-early 1998) -- Another early fan site which has slipped the surly bonds of the Web. There is no on-line archive of the Wildcat Zone.
Far East Wildcat's Northwestern Football Page (mid 1998 - March 2005) -- This was the most famous NU football fan site. Far East Wildcat began his fan page in Singapore in 1998. Nearly two years later, he moved to Tokyo and created the URL FarEastWildcat.com.

As his site grew, so did its following. FEW was responsible for one of the largest bowl parties in school history, the Wildcat Roundup, prior to 2000's Alamo Bowl. His site was mentioned in the Chicago Sun-Times, and in 2001 the Daily Northwestern ran an article featuring FEW and his site. His page also introduced fans to "The Waterboy," a former NU football player whose funny and occasionally biting commentary appeared on FarEastWildcat.com throughout the season.
Fans can see an archived version of FarEastWildcat.com from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Cats Corner (2000 - 2009) -- Stephen J. Truog's site, with eyewitness game summaries and articles, national rankings, weekly picks, and a look at the Big Ten's recent history. He began his NU section in mid-2000. It was last updated at the end of the 2004 season and remained on the Web until the end of 2009.Fans can see an archived version of Cats Corner.
The Gus Bus (2002 - 2008) -- Coming online prior to the 2002 season, Carl Gustafson's page featured a look at all of NU's opponents, as well as game predictions and analysis. Last updated in 2007.Fans can see an archived version of The Gus Bus.
Jonathan Michael Hawkins: Go 'Cats (2002 - 2005) --Part of his site, "..the new web experience..," Jonathan Michael Hawkins expanded his NU page prior to the 2003 season to include a blog-style opinion section and more. This was probably the first NU fan site in blog format. Last updated after the '03 season, and removed from the Web just before the '05 season.Fans can see an archived version of Jonathan Michael Hawkins' site.
jhodges.org (2004 - 2007) --Jonathan Hodges began his blog in summer 2004 and provided commentary and analysis of several topics, including NU sports. His site went offline in spring 2007. From 2007 until 2012 Jonathan continued his commentary directly on HailToPurple.com.Fans can see a partial archive of jhodges.org on the Wayback Machine.
The Turk Report (2005 - 2011) -- Readers of the Rivals.com NU message boards are familiar with Turk and his post-game reports, player reviews, and recruiting analysis. He began his own fan site in February 2005. In August 2009 Turk moved to a new site; both soon became inactive. The Turk Report finally slipped off the Internet in 2011.Fans can see an archived version of The Turk Report.
Spread Far the Fame (2009 - 2012) -- SFTF was a blog that featured commentay on NU athletics and Wildcat football in particular. In June 2010 SFTF shed its independent status and became part of the Chicago Now site network, representing NU among Chicago Now's roster of sports fan blogs. It was last updated May 2012 and was dropped by early 2013.Fans can see an archived version of Spread Far the fame.
Sippin' On Purple (2009 - 2014) -- Begun in June 2009 as a student-run blog called "The Purple Drank," Rodger Sherman's wonderful blog Sippin' On Purple began as an independent site, then joined with the SB*Nation network. In 2014, the previously-independent fan blog Inside NU also joined SB*Nation. Sippin' then became a part of Inside NU.Fans can see an archived version of Sippin' when it was still a stand-alone site
Rise Northwestern (2010 - 2011) -- Carrying on the fine tradition of using a lyric from one of NU's school songs as the title of his site, Philip Rossman-Reich began Rise Northwestern in July 2010. Rise Northwestern was short-lived, but very well-written. With Rossman-Reich's departure for LTP, his blog became inactive.Fans can see an archived version of Rise Northwestern.
Northwestern All The Time (2012 - 2013) -- A fan site by Stephen Mattes, first posted during the summer of 2012. NATT included football and basketball commentary, as well as Stephen's picks for each game during the season.Fans can see an archived fragment of Northwestern All The Time.

As an avid Cubs fan, I LOVE the ‘Cards Talk’ board. Social media has done more to quell the notion of St. Louis being ‘Baseball Heaven’ and their fans being the ‘Best Fans in Baseball’ than anything any other fan base our group could have done to undermine it.

I am no Cubs fan, but I agree with the above. I, too, once thought of Cardinals fans as some group to be revered. Going to games in StL was an impressive scene. But then, social media blew up, and the horrendousness of many of the fans showed.

It's good entertainment. The fans are certainly devoted and supportive, but no more educated about the sport than any other fan base. I cannot remember the last time the Cards drew less than 3M (OK - 2003, 2.91M, then 1997, that's impressive). Here is a fun trick:go in there and lob some comments involving fWAR. bWAR, DRS and watch the reaction.

Reactions: TheC
If Pool lives in Brentwood, I'll bet he works for 24/7. Hudl I think is headquartered in Lincoln, NE. Funny, small world: I used to work one floor above 24/7 in the same building. Pool and I probably ran into each other and didn't even know it.

Brad Kaiser is definitely still alive and well. I saw him this morning while I was shaving.

He was certainly living in Brentwood as of a year or so ago. I suspect he is still there. I think it is very creepy that the Kaiser guy was watching you shave.

Reactions: rmndcat and kreggk
I'm too old to remember the detail, but I think it was FarEastWildcat.com

Not quite. The website you mentioned was his personal website that has a lot of great stuff, particularly some fantastic graphics. The purple board with set up at a time when some folks thought this board was going down the drain and wanted to create a forum for fans to Converse. It was in the fall of 2002 or 2003 more less. Although people referred to it as the FEW board, GoUPurple Was very instrumental in setting up and maintaining that board. He is extremely skilled in those matters, as evidenced by his own website, Hailtopurple. After a while, I think they realized that this board and scout board were going to survive so therefore it was not necessary, and they shut it down.FEW and GoUPurple Could explain it better the nitty-gritty if they wish.

The first gathering I remember was on AOL...it was amazing to find another group of Northwestern fans to bat things around with. And Brad Kaiser's recruiting reports were gold! Loved those back in the day...someone should pull up some of those class summaries from years ago...
I first posted on the ESPN boards. I remember Alvious from there. The NU Board On ESPN was something of a ghost town but the Top 20 Board was pretty entertaining.

Here is a summary of former NU sites that I found on Waterboy's website. Thanks Waterboy:

Northwestern Wildcats Football WebSite (mid 1995 - May 2002) -- Jim Jackson's fan site was a groundbreaking resource, with news, graphics, and commentary. Jackson began the site in 1995 and continued updating it until the 2000 season. It stayed on the Web nearly two more years.Fans can see an archived version of Jim Jackson's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Wildcat Den (mid 1995 - 1996?) -- Along with the pages by Jim Jackson, Chris Chen, and Brad Kaiser, the Wildcat Den was one of the four original NU fan pages, and one of the first to be presented with graphics. There is no known on-line archive of the Wildcat Den.
cjc's Unofficial Northwestern Wildcats Football Site (mid 1995 - Sept. 2005) -- Chris Chen's site featured news, schedules, team info, Web articles, and more. His site began as a student page on Northwestern's pubweb before being moved into private space. cjc's last real update came in October 2000, after which it remained on the Web, but was dormant. In September 2002 the site switched URL addresses again, but remained inactive. Finally in September 2005 cjc's site, the last remaining of the four "original fan sites," dropped from the Internet.Fans can see an archived version of cjc's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Unofficial Northwestern Recruiting Site (1996 - May 2004) -- Site by Brad Kaiser. Featured thorough analysis of NU football recruiting. Updated regularly from 1996 until 1999. Dormant from February 1999 until early May 2004.Fans can see an archived version of Brad Kaiser's site from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Wildcat Zone (late 1996-early 1998) -- Another early fan site which has slipped the surly bonds of the Web. There is no on-line archive of the Wildcat Zone.
Far East Wildcat's Northwestern Football Page (mid 1998 - March 2005) -- This was the most famous NU football fan site. Far East Wildcat began his fan page in Singapore in 1998. Nearly two years later, he moved to Tokyo and created the URL FarEastWildcat.com.

As his site grew, so did its following. FEW was responsible for one of the largest bowl parties in school history, the Wildcat Roundup, prior to 2000's Alamo Bowl. His site was mentioned in the Chicago Sun-Times, and in 2001 the Daily Northwestern ran an article featuring FEW and his site. His page also introduced fans to "The Waterboy," a former NU football player whose funny and occasionally biting commentary appeared on FarEastWildcat.com throughout the season.
Fans can see an archived version of FarEastWildcat.com from the Wayback Machine Web Archiving Project.
Cats Corner (2000 - 2009) -- Stephen J. Truog's site, with eyewitness game summaries and articles, national rankings, weekly picks, and a look at the Big Ten's recent history. He began his NU section in mid-2000. It was last updated at the end of the 2004 season and remained on the Web until the end of 2009.Fans can see an archived version of Cats Corner.
The Gus Bus (2002 - 2008) -- Coming online prior to the 2002 season, Carl Gustafson's page featured a look at all of NU's opponents, as well as game predictions and analysis. Last updated in 2007.Fans can see an archived version of The Gus Bus.
Jonathan Michael Hawkins: Go 'Cats (2002 - 2005) --Part of his site, "..the new web experience..," Jonathan Michael Hawkins expanded his NU page prior to the 2003 season to include a blog-style opinion section and more. This was probably the first NU fan site in blog format. Last updated after the '03 season, and removed from the Web just before the '05 season.Fans can see an archived version of Jonathan Michael Hawkins' site.
jhodges.org (2004 - 2007) --Jonathan Hodges began his blog in summer 2004 and provided commentary and analysis of several topics, including NU sports. His site went offline in spring 2007. From 2007 until 2012 Jonathan continued his commentary directly on HailToPurple.com.Fans can see a partial archive of jhodges.org on the Wayback Machine.
The Turk Report (2005 - 2011) -- Readers of the Rivals.com NU message boards are familiar with Turk and his post-game reports, player reviews, and recruiting analysis. He began his own fan site in February 2005. In August 2009 Turk moved to a new site; both soon became inactive. The Turk Report finally slipped off the Internet in 2011.Fans can see an archived version of The Turk Report.
Spread Far the Fame (2009 - 2012) -- SFTF was a blog that featured commentay on NU athletics and Wildcat football in particular. In June 2010 SFTF shed its independent status and became part of the Chicago Now site network, representing NU among Chicago Now's roster of sports fan blogs. It was last updated May 2012 and was dropped by early 2013.Fans can see an archived version of Spread Far the fame.
Sippin' On Purple (2009 - 2014) -- Begun in June 2009 as a student-run blog called "The Purple Drank," Rodger Sherman's wonderful blog Sippin' On Purple began as an independent site, then joined with the SB*Nation network. In 2014, the previously-independent fan blog Inside NU also joined SB*Nation. Sippin' then became a part of Inside NU.Fans can see an archived version of Sippin' when it was still a stand-alone site
Rise Northwestern (2010 - 2011) -- Carrying on the fine tradition of using a lyric from one of NU's school songs as the title of his site, Philip Rossman-Reich began Rise Northwestern in July 2010. Rise Northwestern was short-lived, but very well-written. With Rossman-Reich's departure for LTP, his blog became inactive.Fans can see an archived version of Rise Northwestern.
Northwestern All The Time (2012 - 2013) -- A fan site by Stephen Mattes, first posted during the summer of 2012. NATT included football and basketball commentary, as well as Stephen's picks for each game during the season.Fans can see an archived fragment of Northwestern All The Time.
Did the Turk Report disappear because the transmission radio waves eventually wandered out into space because the earth surface is curved?

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
I was actually recently wondering what happened to mikero - long time poster on rivals who appeared to have some connections; haven't seen him around for 4 or 5 years now probably
Hasn't been that long and every once in a while he shows up but I think most of his efforts have been on some other board. I see him on occassion

I still miss Brad Kaiser's pseudo board, Coach Roy's emails, and FEW's valiant efforts to keep the Wildcat faithful informed.
KatNap's page was the best. It kept me up to date on everything. Plain but full of info. FEW's page had all of the bells and whistles as Larry and Waterboy worked great together. I thought Chris Pool passed away?

Did the Turk Report disappear because the transmission radio waves eventually wandered out into space because the earth surface is curved?
lol.
First off some soccer dude claimed he was a big time soccer publisher or something wanted to know if it would be a problem if he used the name "The Turk Report". I told him no problem, even though I think he could have used it anyways. Spoke English or some other part of the world it seemed. So dunno if he ever used theturkreport or what.

But I had all the firsthand news. Announced the Hankwitz hiring, Washington leaving, McGee leaving. Injuries and players leaving. All first to report. So Scout contacted me and asked me if I had any other news. Well, Fitz called a team meeting and told all of the players that he didn't appreciate me posting "Team Announcements" as soon as the team knew. Well, I got one more announcement that was rock solid but by this time, Fitz was on to one of the players who was a key source of mine. So, he set up a new meeting with this players unit, and did some fake news. I got the news and Scout ran a full report about how the Eastern Michigan coach was hired. But it was a sting Fitz did against me. A great sting that I bit on and it was the end of scout. From that point forward, my key reporters on the team scattered like cockroaches or graduated and I was left with the "All Turk Awards", and "Pigskin Turk" but I didn't want to pay the $29 at Godaddy anymore as I could just post that stuff over here. I did buy the notredame.football site for $200 and put up our Notre Dame poundings but someone from the Golden dome complained that the university would take legal action against me so laughed but never did renew the site. Thus the turkreport mailed it in and the notredame.football site mailed it in. Since then I have been streaming green lazers across lakes.

Well, I got one more announcement that was rock solid but by this time, Fitz was on to one of the players who was a key source of mine. So, he set up a new meeting with this players unit, and did some fake news. I got the news and Scout ran a full report about how the Eastern Michigan coach was hired. But it was a sting Fitz did against me. A great sting that I bit on and it was the end of scout.
This is wonderful. A little small of Fitz, but wonderful.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
lol.
First off some soccer dude claimed he was a big time soccer publisher or something wanted to know if it would be a problem if he used the name "The Turk Report". I told him no problem, even though I think he could have used it anyways. Spoke English or some other part of the world it seemed. So dunno if he ever used theturkreport or what.

But I had all the firsthand news. Announced the Hankwitz hiring, Washington leaving, McGee leaving. Injuries and players leaving. All first to report. So Scout contacted me and asked me if I had any other news. Well, Fitz called a team meeting and told all of the players that he didn't appreciate me posting "Team Announcements" as soon as the team knew. Well, I got one more announcement that was rock solid but by this time, Fitz was on to one of the players who was a key source of mine. So, he set up a new meeting with this players unit, and did some fake news. I got the news and Scout ran a full report about how the Eastern Michigan coach was hired. But it was a sting Fitz did against me. A great sting that I bit on and it was the end of scout. From that point forward, my key reporters on the team scattered like cockroaches or graduated and I was left with the "All Turk Awards", and "Pigskin Turk" but I didn't want to pay the $29 at Godaddy anymore as I could just post that stuff over here. I did buy the notredame.football site for $200 and put up our Notre Dame poundings but someone from the Golden dome complained that the university would take legal action against me so laughed but never did renew the site. Thus the turkreport mailed it in and the notredame.football site mailed it in. Since then I have been streaming green lazers across lakes.
LMAO.

Turk, you are one enterprising fellow.

Reactions: TerraCat
Don't forget the quirky one that always gets a mention in the New York Times: http://bringyourchampionstheyreourmeat.blogspot.com

Thanks for the link. Had to scroll down to locate the Wildcat feature, but it was worth it. Loved these lines summing up the decision to opt for two over overtime:

"I prefer to think that Stoops knew that he did not want to go to overtime against Northwestern, a team that does nothing but allow teams to go into overtime, to watch the scoreboard hit zero and to win games in a vortex where linear time no longer has meaning, where the game could stretch into infinity and there's no clock to manage, and that Stoops had stayed up all night reading a monograph entitled Schroedinger's 'Cats: Quantum Mechanics and Northwestern's Inexplicable Nine-Win Season and the implications were terrifying enough for him to do anything he could to end things in regulation. Also it was cold and the game had already entered its nineteenth hour."

[QUOTE=". I thought Chris Pool passed away?[/QUOTE]

No, it was his brother Seth

Thinking about online forums...did anyone spend time with the Usenet group rec.sport.football.college?

I looked online but there are a ton of Chris Pool's there and I could not find one that linked back to this site or rivals (maybe I just missed it).

Ask and you shall receive. Hope everyone is doing well. Moved to Franklin, TN in 2012 with my family. I'm no longer writing or covering recruiting. I've been working for Hudl since 2010. Still have my Northwestern connections and friends and talk to them on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT