ADVERTISEMENT

Where are we going to get a W?

GatoLouco

Nov 14, 2019
Indianapolis
Schedule remaining:

@MSU - 3.5% chance right now. I say forget it.
Purdue - 19.9% chance. They often struggle to score. But we won't score above 55 against them. We would have to get really hot, they would have to get really cold, or a combination of
@Rutgers - 10.1% chance. Considering they are unbeaten at the RAC... Logic does not always prevail. They more survived Nebby than anything else. Still, with their defense, don't see it happening
Michigan - 27% chance. Can see it happening, mostly because their defense is just not that good
@PSU - 8% chance. Only if they were really off on offense. Don't see it
@Maryland - 5.2% chance. If even with a red hot 1/2 we could not do it...
Minnesota - 31.6% chance. I'd give this as good a chance as against Michigan. But also as good a chance as we had yesterday against OSU
Illinois - 23.6% chance. We played really well in Champaign and still did not win
@ Nebraska - 35.1 chance. I am not very hopeful, they will be out to hand us the title of the (biggest) doormat in the B1G
@ Wisconsin - 5.5% chance. In the Kohl center. No.
Penn State - 24.7% chance. If they are pressed for a win to make the tourney, I feel we won't stand a chance

I feel our best chances are against Michigan and Minny, both at home. But, of course, some teams will be facing us struggling more than others. And there are players, who injured, can change our prospects against them. Minnesota is one Carr or Oturu injury away from not contending for the tournament.

I've been impressed by how hard we continue to fight against deeper, more athletic teams. Will our team keep developing or wither under the tough games ahead? I would love to see Kopp build off last night and Nance and the others to find their way. Even getting to 4-16 would give us enough promise to tide us through winter.

Reactions: Medill90
I've been impressed by how hard we continue to fight against deeper, more athletic teams. Will our team keep developing or wither under the tough games ahead? I would love to see Kopp build off last night and Nance and the others to find their way. Even getting to 4-16 would give us enough promise to tide us through winter.
They might run out of gas at the end of the season, but I wouldn't hold that against them given how hard they've been fighting the whole time.

I don’t remember the last time NU had a non-conference game in February. Perhaps those have gone the way of the dodo with the expanded conference schedule. Sure would be nice to have a Merrimack or a Radford on the schedule during the winter months (ducks).

NU will win two more conference games.

I don’t remember the last time NU had a non-conference game in February. Perhaps those have gone the way of the dodo with the expanded conference schedule. Sure would be nice to have a Merrimack or a Radford on the schedule during the winter months (ducks).

NU played SIUE Jan. 20, 2011. They played Chicago State Mar 3, 2010. But the answer to your question is:

Chicago State, February 4, 2009.

What do I win?

Nebraska again and Minny.

Schedule remaining:

@MSU - 3.5% chance right now. I say forget it.
Purdue - 19.9% chance. They often struggle to score. But we won't score above 55 against them. We would have to get really hot, they would have to get really cold, or a combination of
@Rutgers - 10.1% chance. Considering they are unbeaten at the RAC... Logic does not always prevail. They more survived Nebby than anything else. Still, with their defense, don't see it happening
Michigan - 27% chance. Can see it happening, mostly because their defense is just not that good
@PSU - 8% chance. Only if they were really off on offense. Don't see it
@Maryland - 5.2% chance. If even with a red hot 1/2 we could not do it...
Minnesota - 31.6% chance. I'd give this as good a chance as against Michigan. But also as good a chance as we had yesterday against OSU
Illinois - 23.6% chance. We played really well in Champaign and still did not win
@ Nebraska - 35.1 chance. I am not very hopeful, they will be out to hand us the title of the (biggest) doormat in the B1G
@ Wisconsin - 5.5% chance. In the Kohl center. No.
Penn State - 24.7% chance. If they are pressed for a win to make the tourney, I feel we won't stand a chance

I feel our best chances are against Michigan and Minny, both at home. But, of course, some teams will be facing us struggling more than others. And there are players, who injured, can change our prospects against them. Minnesota is one Carr or Oturu injury away from not contending for the tournament.
Purdue sucks away from Mackey, and Cats march up well with enough front court depth to hold their own against Purdue down low. And Purdue’s guards are not very quick or athletic, again a good matchup for the Cats backcourt. That’s much more winnable than the odds would suggest

Purdue sucks away from Mackey, and Cats march up well with enough front court depth to hold their own against Purdue down low. And Purdue’s guards are not very quick or athletic, again a good matchup for the Cats backcourt. That’s much more winnable than the odds would suggest

I agree. And their offense can be really pitiful. But I do not like our chances against really swarming defenses. And theirs' is a good one.

I agree. And their offense can be really pitiful. But I do not like our chances against really swarming defenses. And theirs' is a good one.
True, defense travels and theirs certainly does. But per TRank their offense is #5 efficiency at home and #264 on the road. It might be a race to 61 points, which is doable.

Reactions: TacoBoiler
True, defense travels and theirs certainly does. But per TRank their offense is #5 efficiency at home and #264 on the road. It might be a race to 61 points, which is doable.
Watched them play Rutgers at the RAC last night. PU battled hard and I have difficulty seeing NU pulling out a close game. Best bet for the Cats is to start hot and hang on for dear life a la Nebraska.

Updated probabilities of a win (against Minny, Nebby and Wisky they went up. All other games they went down):

Purdue - 19.1%
@Rutgers - 9%
Michigan - 24.3%
@PSU - 7.2%
@Maryland - 4.8%
Minnesota - 31.9%
Illinois - 22.4%
@ Nebraska - 36.5%
@ Wisconsin - 5.7%
Penn State - 22.8%

Last edited:
Updated probabilities of a win (against Minny, Nebby and Wisky they went up. All other games they went down):

Purdue - 19.1%
@Rutgers - 9%
Michigan - 24.3%
@PSU - 7.2%
@Maryland - 4.8%
Minnesota - 31.9%
Illinois - 22.4%
@ Nebraska - 36.5%
@ Wisconsin - 5.7%
Penn State - 22.8%
We'll win at least one of the home games, maybe two.

Told you this would be one they can win!

I'm not sure we'll win another one after blowing this game. We just can't finish.

Updated probabilities of a win (against Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin they went up. All other games they went down):

Michigan - 24.2% (-0.1%)
@PSU - 6.7% (-0.5%)
@Maryland - 4.7% (-0.1%)
Minnesota - 29.1% (-2.8%)
Illinois - 25.6% (+3.2%)
@ Nebraska - 39.7% (+3.2%)
@ Wisconsin - 6.0% (+0.3%)
Penn State - 21.5% (-1.3%)

Updated probabilities of a win (against Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin they went up. All other games they went down):

Michigan - 24.2% (-0.1%)
@PSU - 6.7% (-0.5%)
@Maryland - 4.7% (-0.1%)
Minnesota - 29.1% (-2.8%)
Illinois - 25.6% (+3.2%)
@ Nebraska - 39.7% (+3.2%)
@ Wisconsin - 6.0% (+0.3%)
Penn State - 21.5% (-1.3%)
Best possibility is Nebraska. Heck they have already done so. Next, Minny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT