ADVERTISEMENT

Where were you when...

Alan Smithee

Aug 13, 2002
We scored our last touchdown?

To be honest, I'd almost forgotten the epic 2-yard Aiden Smith scamper (Kuhbander kick) against Nebraska. But then the whole scene came flooding back. Earlier I'd gone with my parents to buy a tree. He even let me steer the car part of the way. At halftime my dad helped me plant the young sapling. But happy memories were created that day, and for a long time to come. I look out the window right now to see my great-grandchildren playing happily under the mighty branches of that same tree, and remember the beautiful fall day that tree was planted.

I remember! It was my daughter’s birthday party. Neighbors and classmates were clearing out, and two hangers-on stuck around to share beers and watch a game they weren’t interested in, you know, to avoid their wives.

My daughter even took a break from her new gifts to snuggle in and shout a Go Cats. You can’t get those days back, you know.

Last edited:
I remember it like it was yesterday. When the sun rose, so did I. My wife whispered a faint “go back to sleep”, but there was no chance of that occurrence. I proclaimed a confident “something special is gonna happen today” and exited swiftly.

With nine hours to game time, I focused my energy on small simple tasks to pass time. After saving four children from a burning orphanage and completing adoption papers for all four by noon, I baked a birthday cake for my youngest and settled in front of our picture box as the game in Lincoln got under way.

Like most games that feature two teams with a combined four wins, you could cut the tension with a knife. The black shirts were smothering the Cats offense, but I remained calm. Then around 5:15PM local time it happened. As Aidan Smith scampered into the end zone, I pointed to the sky and smirked in the direction of my wife. No words were spoken, but she knew. Our four new children knew. And I knew. For magic had just occurred. And we had witnessed it.

I remember it like it was yesterday. When the sun rose, so did I. My wife whispered a faint “go back to sleep”, but there was no chance of that occurrence. I proclaimed a confident “something special is gonna happen today” and exited swiftly.

With nine hours to game time, I focused my energy on small simple tasks to pass time. After saving four children from a burning orphanage and completing adoption papers for all four by noon, I baked a birthday cake for my youngest and settled in front of our picture box as the game in Lincoln got under way.

Like most games that feature two teams with a combined four wins, you could cut the tension with a knife. The black shirts were smothering the Cats offense, but I remained calm. Then around 5:15PM local time it happened. As Aidan Smith scampered into the end zone, I pointed to the sky and smirked in the direction of my wife. No words were spoken, but she knew. Our four new children knew. And I knew. For magic had just occurred. And we had witnessed it.
You're crying, I'm not crying.

I was wiping down the grill out back when this touchdown happened. The rest of my party got to see it. :(

Haven’t seen a TD since Wisconsin.

All I can remember about that day is that I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside.

I was wiping down the grill out back when this touchdown happened. The rest of my party got to see it. :(

Haven’t seen a TD since Wisconsin.
Meaning - you haven't seen a PAT since???

I wonder what the record would be for fewest PAT's for any full-time kicker in a season?

Reactions: nickcat4
We scored our last touchdown?

To be honest, I'd almost forgotten the epic 2-yard Aiden Smith scamper (Kuhbander kick) against Nebraska. But then the whole scene came flooding back. Earlier I'd gone with my parents to buy a tree. He even let me steer the car part of the way. At halftime my dad helped me plant the young sapling. But happy memories were created that day, and for a long time to come. I look out the window right now to see my great-grandchildren playing happily under the mighty branches of that same tree, and remember the beautiful fall day that tree was planted.
What's a touchdown?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT