ADVERTISEMENT

Who is faster, Ramsey or Drake?!!

Ramsey has better speed than I thought. That did impress me. I do think, though, that Anderson was letting his blocks set up and wasn't at full throttle at that point. That was a nice, patient run.

I had the same thought when I saw the replay. I think Ramsey might have served Drake better had he slowed down a little. Drake was trying to set up the blocks, but Ramsey was about 2 yards too far ahead to actually serve as an effective shield for him.

That said, I have mad respect for any QB willing to block downfield like that. Shows great heart and leadership. Players at every level always seem to get energized seeing their QB willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team.

Reactions: wildcat1066
I thought I saw Marty in a dead sprint running past another one of our RBs downfield trying to throw a block. He missed badly. Impressive effort though.

Correct. Both Ramsey and Marty had similar plays where the runner reversed field and the QB ended up in front. Anderson both times, if I recall correctly.

I had the same thought when I saw the replay. I think Ramsey might have served Drake better had he slowed down a little. Drake was trying to set up the blocks, but Ramsey was about 2 yards too far ahead to actually serve as an effective shield for him.

That said, I have mad respect for any QB willing to block downfield like that. Shows great heart and leadership. Players at every level always seem to get energized seeing their QB willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team.
Ramsey didn't end up throwing a block, but he certainly got in the way of a defender who had an angle on Drake. His presence made that TD possible.

Reactions: wildcat1066
Correct. Both Ramsey and Marty had similar plays where the runner reversed field and the QB ended up in front. Anderson both times, if I recall correctly.
I think Marty whiffed on the run by Cam Porter in mop up duty. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Drake.

I think Marty whiffed on the run by Cam Porter in mop up duty. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Drake.
Well I have confirmed that @gocatsgo2003 was right and I was wrong. The Marty whiff came on a run by Anderson also, we were up 37-3 at that point.

Well I have confirmed that @gocatsgo2003 was right and I was wrong. The Marty whiff came on a run by Anderson also, we were up 37-3 at that point.

This kind of thing from a QB is something that can really help "win" a team over, in addition to Ramsey putting his head down to get to the pylon on his weaving TD run earlier in the game (pretty impressive, actually, outrunning Cross to the pylon -- he's a pretty decent safety, honorable mention all-Big Ten last year).

Reactions: rogerkim
ADVERTISEMENT