ADVERTISEMENT

Who is next at QB?

I'll have to go back and check the replay of the Minny game, though I've been putting it off because it's painful to watch, but it is very incriminating on HJ that he went to pass 5 times, and was 0-2 with 3 sacks, while Marty went 8-10 with 0 sacks. Did the OL suddenly feel guilty about getting HJ hurt and decide to step up their protection when Marty came on? Doesn't make sense, that's why I'll have to find the replay.
By the time Marty got in wasn't the game about over?

I remember another game against Illinois played under similar conditions and circumstances and I believe we passed the ball thrree times all game with Basanez at QB. So I guess I am saying the answer is yes. You do what gives you the best chance of winning the game. Why pass, which inherently is more complex and risky than running the ball, when you can run for 5+ yards a pop play after play?
Think that may have been the season when Basanez played hurt toward the end. Also in the Motor City Bowl, maybe?

By the time Marty got in wasn't the game about over?

Against Minny, Marty took over at QB early in the second quarter after HJ got injured on a sack and we were already down 21-0 as they scored on their first 3 possessions. We actually outscored them 22-17 the rest of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT