ADVERTISEMENT

Why am I even watching this?

I asked myself that question a lot this evening. Yet I still won't turn my back on this team. Like many of us here.

Yet, I'm thankful my niece is getting married next Saturday and I'm going to miss the Purdue game (I think the third or fourth home game I've missed in almost two decades). I was upset I was missing it, but now see it as a blessing.

I'm thankful that I'm going to miss the Purdue game (international work travel), the UMass game (family event), the Minnesota game (family travel), and the Illinois game (another international work trip).

I might quite literally not be watching another minute of NU football this year. Good riddance to this season.

I'm thankful that I'm going to miss the Purdue game (international work travel), the UMass game (family event), the Minnesota game (family travel), and the Illinois game (another international work trip).

I might quite literally not be watching another minute of NU football this year. Good riddance to this season.
It is not about this season.

The team will improve at some point. They won the West last year, and coming into this season had won 15 of 16 conference games and three straight bowl games. Fitz will get them back on track.

I watch because it's 12 games a year and I'm looking for any sign of hope. This season's a disaster, but things will improve. Strangely, it's not as painful as watching a 107 win Astros team fail to close out the World Series because they couldn't win one home game. That one stung.

I wish I could be saying good riddance to McCall. The offense has been a dumpster fire for at least five years. Facebook reminds me of the anniversary of those complaint posts.
Read the soundbites from the post game. "I thought we had a good offensive gameplay"......he ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE
Read the soundbites from the post game. "I thought we have a good offensive gameplay"......he ain't going anywhere.
I don't think Fitz is going to bad-mouth his OC in the middle of the season. Any changes are going to be made after the season. That's the way it was done with Colby.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Fitz came in after the Darkest of Ages. I was there. Fans come out. Mostly for the other team. Parents will attend w their enrolled kids. The audience will shrink and change in nature.

Eventually, someone will start sneaking marshmellows in after reading about the wars of old days. Discipline will follow until it becomes a thing. The admin will lose and the marshmellows will return. At that point, I think PF quits in disgust of the student base mocking his team. There will be no parade for his departure. It will be his fault.

The program will fall back into rot. Someday, either college football willed be banned or dropped related to the head injuries, or another Gary Barnett type will emerge and start another enigmatic program.

Most here will be long dead by then. The younger of us will become those old farts, speaking of the glory days, just happy to emerge from another dark era and ready to embrace any sign of life.

Or JP can step in, fire McCall, hire an OC as Assoc Head Coach w power to bring in his own offensive staff and tell PF to embrace the suck or walk away from $5MM a year and see if he can find something better in the world.

Reactions: willycat
Fitz came in after the Darkest of Ages. I was there. Fans come out. Mostly for the other team. Parents will attend w their enrolled kids. The audience will shrink and change in nature.

Eventually, someone will start sneaking marshmellows in after reading about the wars of old days. Discipline will follow until it becomes a thing. The admin will lose and the marshmellows will return. At that point, I think PF quits in disgust of the student base mocking his team. There will be no parade for his departure. It will be his fault.

The program will fall back into rot. Someday, either college football willed be banned or dropped related to the head injuries, or another Gary Barnett type will emerge and start another enigmatic program.

Most here will be long dead by then. The younger of us will become those old farts, speaking of the glory days, just happy to emerge from another dark era and ready to embrace any sign of life.

Or JP can step in, fire McCall, hire an OC as Assoc Head Coach w power to bring in his own offensive staff and tell PF to embrace the suck or walk away from $5MM a year and see if he can find something better in the world.
You must have been a ball to be around during Y2K.

Reactions: IGNORE
I asked myself that question a lot this evening. Yet I still won't turn my back on this team. Like many of us here.

Yet, I'm thankful my niece is getting married next Saturday and I'm going to miss the Purdue game (I think the third or fourth home game I've missed in almost two decades). I was upset I was missing it, but now see it as a blessing.
I missed Iowa (wedding) and Indiana (international travel) but am stuck for the last three. I will, however, be shouting at the TV screen, not from the stands

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT