ADVERTISEMENT

Will Isaiah Brown transfer in spring?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
I think the writing is on the wall for Brown. He deserves more time as Mac can’t go 38 minutes in a game. Mac was 4-14 ,with two turnovers,plus, he got burned multiple times on defense. The writing is on the wall fro Brown as Lathon and Ash will be the one and two guards next year. So does Brown transfer to a PAC Ten school? I think so. I would go to a run and gun offense if I were Brown!

No. This is an example of what the worst that bloggers can do. Using your poor logic would mean that Benson, Falzon and Brown will transfer because they did not get minutes. No one got minutes on the bench other than Gaines who is a far superior basketball player than your buddy, JA.

CC is going to play him after watching the tape from Wednesday and realizing that Jordan Ash is not a PG and can not set up the offense and is not a SG because he can not shoot. He will realize that the team needs his offense off the bench. On the other hand, JA stagnates the offense because he does not pass well and is overrated on defense as he does not move his feet well but occasionally reaches in and causes a TO. Two games ago, I do remember Isiah Brown scoring 9 points in 4 minutes v. Indiana and your buddy JA not doing much at all as he has done in Big 10 competition when real talent or lack thereof shows itself.

CC don't like em. Brown has played four minutes of garbage time in last three games. I want to see Brown get 20 minutes a game. I want Ash and Mac to get 30 each.

Last edited:
Newsflash: Ash is not a 30 ppg Big 10 caliber player. He will never be such. Get over it. His skills are not at that level and they never will be. On the other hand, his high school teammate, Glynn Watson is a Big 10 caliber and all-conference player. He is what a Big 10 caliber PG is supposed to look like, not JA.

CC is going to play him after watching the tape from Wednesday and realizing that Jordan Ash is not a PG and can not set up the offense and is not a SG because he can not shoot. He will realize that the team needs his offense off the bench. On the other hand, JA stagnates the offense because he does not pass well and is overrated on defense as he does not move his feet well but occasionally reaches in and causes a TO. Two games ago, I do remember Isiah Brown scoring 9 points in 4 minutes v. Indiana and your buddy JA not doing much at all as he has done in Big 10 competition when real talent or lack thereof shows itself.

Really, CCC will have this sudden revelation now? Interesting statement. Let's see how this one plays out.

Reactions: lunker35
LOL. Just ridiculous. He must have been using sarcasm.......no one could be that naive.

C'mon NJ, you have been here quite a while. A. We have contributors that have demonstrate level of naiveness beyond one's imagination; 2. Unless you have him on ignore (which should be renamed ignore bob), walkee traverses down this know-it-all path, well, much more often than one would expect. On the bright side, it offers another form of entertainment when NU MBB isn't cutting it...

This whole season smells funny. The complete and shocking lack of resemblance to the tourney team of last year. Brown benched, and behind what? The crap that we see on the floor? The season is a complete enigma to me. Frankly, I've been a CCC supporter, but I don't know that this should be stomached much longer.

Reactions: WildAboutThePurple
This whole season smells funny. The complete and shocking lack of resemblance to the tourney team of last year. Brown benched, and behind what? The crap that we see on the floor? The season is a complete enigma to me. Frankly, I've been a CCC supporter, but I don't know that this should be stomached much longer.
Absolutely rediculous that Brown doesn’t see the court. I don’t give a crap what goes on in practice. Some players put the ball in the whole when the arena is full. I see Brown doing that waaaaay more often then Ash. Nothing against Ash, he is a hard worker, and is being rewarded but clearly we need to score more pts. Next season will be a disaster if Ash is getting more than 10 minutes a game. We need 5 guys out there who can score at least 10 ppg. Last year was the exception where Lumpkin saved us 10ppg on the defensive end and woulf chip in big buckets when the defenses would forget about him.

Did no one else notice the terse post above by Sec. 112?

It suggests something much more than poor practice habits, etc. Probably best left undiscussed here.

Did no one else notice the terse post above by Sec. 112?

It suggests something much more than poor practice habits, etc. Probably best left undiscussed here.

Who really cares who transfers? If you can’t get on the court for this team, then your window of schools who want you is pretty small.

If you are on the court for this team.... the number of other schools who want you is.... pretty small.

On the other hand the idea that if you suck in practice, then you should be allowed the opportunity to showcase your true talents in game time, seems like a good one???

All CC”s players on their own now. 5 years in. Horrible. 1 for 5 postseason. With Cobb, Demps, Olkah, Crawford, Lumpkin, Tap?

Something ain’t right here.

The big won’t always (or maybe ever) be as bad as last year. Sooner or later the committee will stop rewarding middle of the pack BIG teams based on 10 year old data.

Next year’s incoming class makes or breaks CC. Half this team is not BIG talent. If the next few are similar, we’re toast.

Who really cares who transfers? If you can’t get on the court for this team, then your window of schools who want you is pretty small.

If you are on the court for this team.... the number of other schools who want you is.... pretty small.

On the other hand the idea that if you suck in practice, then you should be allowed the opportunity to showcase your true talents in game time, seems like a good one???

All CC”s players on their own now. 5 years in. Horrible. 1 for 5 postseason. With Cobb, Demps, Olkah, Crawford, Lumpkin, Tap?

The big won’t always (or maybe ever) be as bad as last year. Sooner or later the committee will stop rewarding middle of the pack BIG teams based on 10 year old data.

Next year’s incoming class makes or breaks CC. Half this team is not BIG talent. If the next few are similar, we’re toast.

Carmody sucks

Let's not get all excited and have you start using any references like "we're" as if you are a Northwestern fan.

And for good measure, CARMODY SUCKS BALLS. WE ARE STILL 1000X BETTER OFF WITH HIM GONE.

Reactions: catfans5
And for good measure, CARMODY SUCKS BALLS. WE ARE STILL 1000X BETTER OFF WITH HIM GONE.
All true.

However, Collins won 6 Big 10 games with Carmody players. He needs to get a move-on to win 6 this season with his own guys. Winning less with more talent can't be Collins' formula for success.....

Reactions: IGNORE2
Fitz, Turk and others on here have the situation pegged perfectly! Lots of unnecessary drama on this team, and lots of individualism! Not good for team basketball!

The drama is they have not put the ball in the hoop enough. But keep up the baseless rumors. Hilarious. It could not be that NU was relying on Rap (injured), Falzon (still injured) and freshman Gaines to contribute to compensate for the loss of Lump and Tap. Has not materialized. But keep up with the baseless allegations. Shows you have no clue about what it takes to win in sports.

The drama is they have not put the ball in the hoop enough. But keep up the baseless rumors. Hilarious. It could not be that NU was relying on Rap (injured), Falzon (still injured) and freshman Gaines to contribute to compensate for the loss of Lump and Tap. Has not materialized. But keep up with the baseless allegations. Shows you have no clue about what it takes to win in sports.
We ain't shooting good, except for Skelly

Ash gave us good minutes today helping out Mac. Solidied his spot as next year’s starting point guard! I didn’t see much of Brown today! Was he in there in the first half? Nice win for the Cats!

Loved the post game conference when CCC noted that recent game tape showed he was mistaken to not be playing Brown. It was nice to see Brown in there today, playing hard, scoring big and leading his team to victory. Good, insight call Walkee. You really have your finger on the pulse of the program and the best insight in message board history.

Hope you have me on ignore cause this one has to hurt ;)

No. This is an example of what the worst that bloggers can do. Using your poor logic would mean that Benson, Falzon and Brown will transfer because they did not get minutes. No one got minutes on the bench other than Gaines who is a far superior basketball player than your buddy, JA.

Didn't even need the archives this time!

Loved the post game conference when CCC noted that recent game tape showed he was mistaken to not be playing Brown. It was nice to see Brown in there today, playing hard, scoring big and leading his team to victory. Good, insight call Walkee. You really have your finger on the pulse of the program and the best insight in message board history.

Hope you have me on ignore cause this one has to hurt ;)
Well said! Brown has played four minutes of garbage time in four games! Oh,and wrassler doesn't know basketball! Ash came in 3-4 times and gave good minutes!

Reactions: IGNORE2
As for Backward Bobby, Isaac Hawes of PU is not even the best or second best player on his team. Wrong on so many accounts for calling him better than NBA first round pick Swanigan. Dazed and confused. Go to the archives mental misfit.

Maybe. Maybe Haas won’t be the better NBA player. Too early to call. Swanny really lighting up the Portland roster. Tough to see anyone, less Haas, doing better. Wonder who you would call the greater baller, Brown or Swanny. Can’t wait to watch him sweep ROY, MVP and all star MVP in his first year. Such a stud. You really should become a scout if you grow up.

But you have been proven to be a running joke. Your posts are about as useful as wrassler. At least wrassler doesn’t think he is insightful, just entertaining. But you are ignorant to yourself. Toodles.

Sooner or later the committee will stop rewarding middle of the pack BIG teams based on 10 year old data.
Just curious, are you saying the Cats DID NOT deserve and NCAA bid last year? If so, what more deserving teams were left out? (there must have been quite a few!) What 10-year old data are you talking about?

Absolutely rediculous that Brown doesn’t see the court. I don’t give a crap what goes on in practice. Some players put the ball in the whole when the arena is full. I see Brown doing that waaaaay more often then Ash. Nothing against Ash, he is a hard worker, and is being rewarded but clearly we need to score more pts. Next season will be a disaster if Ash is getting more than 10 minutes a game. We need 5 guys out there who can score at least 10 ppg. Last year was the exception where Lumpkin saved us 10ppg on the defensive end and woulf chip in big buckets when the defenses would forget about him.
Well coaches do care what goes on in practice. And News Flash. A lot of successful teams don't have 5 guys averaging 10 points or more

Yo Mr. Walkee - haven't heard from you in awhile. Any more pearls of wisdom? Are you ready to stand down, play nice with me, wrassler and the rest of the Board and not have your messages dragged out anymore? I am ready to make peace if you are.

Yo Mr. Walkee - haven't heard from you in awhile. Any more pearls of wisdom? Are you ready to stand down, play nice with me, wrassler and the rest of the Board and not have your messages dragged out anymore? I am ready to make peace if you are.
We love ya Walkerfan! Cats need all the fans they can get! Just cuz I am a sigacious prognosticator does not mean for a minute, I am better human being than you. We all have talents. Mine just happen to be analyzing college hoops teams. Come on board. We need ya! Your BFF FOREVER, WRASSLER!

We love ya Walkerfan! Cats need all the fans they can get! Just cuz I am a sigacious prognosticator does not mean for a minute, I am better human being than you. We all have talents. Mine just happen to be analyzing college hoops teams. Come on board. We need ya! Your BFF FOREVER, WRASSLER!

Not sure which made me laugh more - encouraging young walker that we all have talents (implying the bball analysis is not his) or stating that yours happened to be analyzing hoops. I thought your talent came from being an author, a football guru, a wrassler, a Master of Message Board Tongues, a defender of evil and King of the Worlds (both flat and round).

Not sure which made me laugh more - encouraging young walker that we all have talents (implying the bball analysis is not his) or stating that yours happened to be analyzing hoops. I thought your talent came from being an author, a football guru, a wrassler, a Master of Message Board Tongues, a defender of evil and King of the Worlds (both flat and round).
Now you got it! All of the above!

Just curious, are you saying the Cats DID NOT deserve and NCAA bid last year? If so, what more deserving teams were left out? (there must have been quite a few!) What 10-year old data are you talking about?

No, not saying that.

I’m saying the BIG is a shadow of what is used to be. Last years team finished with a better record than only 6 teams in our 14 team conference. Think about that.

It was a historically bad big ten and many of our games were against teams having hit near historic lows.

So when people say - the Big “always” gets 4 in, or always gets 6 in, or teams that finish 2 games under .500 in conference always get an NIT bid, etc, seem to think that’s a forgone conclusion because that’s the way it’s been. That’s not necessarily a predictor of the future- if the Big keeps sliding like it has over the last few years all that changes.

Since cc got here it’s been the 5th best conference over his duration and was the 6th best last year.

So historically a team like ours last year isn’t in the tourney because it doesn’t even go .500 in the BIG.

Osu fired their coach.

Penn st, Illinois suck.

Nebraska and Rutgers have watered down everyone’s rpi.

Wisconsin has it’s worse team in forever right now.

Indiana has fallen completely off the map, etc.

It’s a very good time to hope next years incoming class are all they’re hyped to be, because the big probably won’t be this soft for much longer.

The B10's conference rank since 2000 according teamrankings.com.

1 (00-01)
2 (05-06)
1 (10-11)
5 (15-16)

Different from real-time rpi and others (college rpi, etc).

..... although a little research shows that even those aren’t even consistent between themselves either..... hmmm.

Maybe it’s the mysterious “road win adjustment” the committee started using but never really explained?

I think the writing is on the wall for Brown. He deserves more time as Mac can’t go 38 minutes in a game. Mac was 4-14 ,with two turnovers,plus, he got burned multiple times on defense. The writing is on the wall fro Brown as Lathon and Ash will be the one and two guards next year. So does Brown transfer to a PAC Ten school? I think so. I would go to a run and gun offense if I were Brown!

I have to say that speculating or hoping or implying in any way about a specific kid transferring before he really does (if he does), is pretty borderline.

I have personally seen unfounded posts like this take on real life consequences.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Dugan15
Brown is a good player and is too talented to be riding the pine for four years. Just my opinion. I said the same thing about Jordan Ash in November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT