ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be a homecoming game this year?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
A Michigan State Sep 5
H Tulane Sep 12
H
Central Mich.
Sep 19
A
Penn State Sep 26
H
Nebraska* -HC
Oct 3

It is anyone's guess as to which of our first five games are likely to be played as scheduled? Nebraska could well be the start of the season for us with seating priority given to Alums celebrating their homecoming.

A Michigan State Sep 5
H Tulane Sep 12
H
Central Mich.
Sep 19
A
Penn State Sep 26
H
Nebraska* -HC
Oct 3

It is anyone's guess as to which of our first five games are likely to be played as scheduled? Nebraska could well be the start of the season for us with seating priority given to Alums celebrating their homecoming.
Alaska, if Homecoming goes off on schedule on October 3 against Nebraska, I'll be there. It's my 55th reunion! Do you plan to attend? If so, I;ll keep you advised about our tailgate. Nothing like a little smoked salmon and reindeer sausage!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Alaska, if Homecoming goes off on schedule on October 3 against Nebraska, I'll be there. It's my 55th reunion! Do you plan to attend? If so, I;ll keep you advised about our tailgate. Nothing like a little smoked salmon and reindeer sausage!
Well you’ve got me beat by 5 years. This would be my 50th and I was certainly looking forward to it. If Homecoming is going to be held, I’m pretty sure I will want to wait until rather close to the date to decide whether to attend, based on conditions then, including any possible Fall resurgence.
I have concerns that the reopenings now occurring are too much too fast before infections & deaths have declined for 14 days and with too little testing still available— even though I understand the extreme economic hardship from shelter in place.
I hope you & everyone on the Board stay safe & well.

I have so many credits from cancelled airline tickets now, I will have to use them to go somewhere. Homecoming would be near the top of the list assuming Alaska Airlines brings back its direct flight to Chicago and the skies are more welcoming by then.

Reactions: No Chores
Well you’ve got me beat by 5 years. This would be my 50th and I was certainly looking forward to it. If Homecoming is going to be held, I’m pretty sure I will want to wait until rather close to the date to decide whether to attend, based on conditions then, including any possible Fall resurgence.
I have concerns that the reopenings now occurring are too much too fast before infections & deaths have declined for 14 days and with too little testing still available— even though I understand the extreme economic hardship from shelter in place.
I hope you & everyone on the Board stay safe & well.
Well I sure hope to see you there. It's always fun to mingle with the younger crowd!

I have so many credits from cancelled airline tickets now, I will have to use them to go somewhere. Homecoming would be near the top of the list assuming Alaska Airlines brings back its direct flight to Chicago and the skies are more welcoming by then.
If it happens, I'll be driving, but I don't think I'll be able to swing by Anchorage to pick you up!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT