ADVERTISEMENT

Willie the Lynx?

Katatonic

Oct 23, 2004

Northwestern has Willie the Wildcat. He has to be a lynx. He has no stripes, and no tail, which definitely rules out a wildcat. The white fringe on his face—a sideburn-beard kind of thing—is also characteristic of a lynx. His gray color and exceptionally pointy ears seal it: He’s a lynx.

Northwestern has Willie the Wildcat. He has to be a lynx. He has no stripes, and no tail, which definitely rules out a wildcat. The white fringe on his face—a sideburn-beard kind of thing—is also characteristic of a lynx. His gray color and exceptionally pointy ears seal it: He’s a lynx.
I kinda remember him looking like a leopard or a tiger(?) back in the 80s. Like a guy/girl in leopard pajamas with a cat head on. My memory fades, and I was pretty sedated at the time.

My lynx photos from this past June. Looks like our Wildcat?

IMG_3262.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg
IMG_3264.jpg

And a view as the Lynx departed my property:

IMG_3270.jpg

Does a lynx sighting trump a moose sighting as far as predicting victory?
No question. The problem though is that was only the second lynx sighting (apart from at the zoo or Wild Animal Park Preserve) in my life here in Alaska. They are usually nocturnal animals and can be vicious if they decide to attack. I guess it recognized I was a Wildcat and opted to amble on despite the close distance.

Once it surprised me by appearing within rock throwing distance, I really had no choice but to stand in place and hope for the best.

A lynx is the same as a bobcat, and a genus whose singular is the same as its plural

The Bobcat (Lynx rufus) is not the same species as the Canadian Lynx (Lynx canadensis) in Alaska's photos.

Obviously they're the same genus, but not the same species.

Now this would be a cool Mascot.

(Came across the Wooly Mammoth at a pocket park yesterday when I was looking for a vantage point to photograph a ship docked at the Anchorage Port.)

IMG_5189.jpg

The RoRo (Roll on Roll off) Car Carrier ship I was checking out to see if my vehicle was being off loaded:

IMG_5202.jpg

Later in the day as it "sailed" past my office headed on its return to Tacoma:

IMG_5207.jpg

You're back!!!! Hungry was worried about you.....

Not really. He's worried but not the way you're thinking. I've been screaming at him and others on the 'new Rant board'. I'm not a happy camper these days.

We gotta get LouV to expand the number of posters allowed in conversations.

To keep this cat related. I have a new kitten and puppy that are wrecking my house and belongings. The kitten likes to knock stuff off tables for the puppy to chew to pieces. All they do is playfight all day long. The house is littered with wreckage. Dog #2 took a wet #2 all over the bed today as well.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
To keep this cat related. I have a new kitten and puppy that are wrecking my house and belongings. The kitten likes to knock stuff off tables for the puppy to chew to pieces. All they do is playfight all day long. The house is littered with wreckage. Dog #2 took a wet #2 all over the bed today as well.

Any photos you can share?

Is your dog #2 named Amber Heard?

It was an amber-colored dumb sprayed all over the bed and on the carpet. It smelled horrible. My gf could smell it as soon as she entered the house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT