ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin tv viewing from Stockholm

DrillCat

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
Purpleville, Ca
Hey everyone.
So l'll be in Stockholm when cats play the badgers.
My sling box is so old and outdated, it doesnt work anymore with my current pc set up.
Can someone pls advise me how I can watch the game?
Thx in advanve.

Hey everyone.
My sling box is so old and outdated, it doesnt work anymore with my current pc set up.
Thx in advanve.
Sve-dish spoorts bar'

Hey everyone.
Thx in advanve.

Think it depends on where it's broadcast. I'd think with the game being on ABC (ESPN), you could watch on any computer or phone. No?

Think it depends on where it's broadcast. I'd think with the game being on ABC (ESPN), you could watch on any computer or phone. No?

This.

You can watch any ABC broadcast (aka: NU vs Wisconsin) live and for free on the WatchESPN site.

You can also watch any ESPN network game for free on Watch ESPN archive (up to one month) after the game has aired. It's a pretty neat feature.

I thought last yr when I was in Euroland, I couldn't log on to the usual US version ESPN app.
I do not know if things have improved but ESPN has its own euro version which shows all the soccer matches instead.
BTN is easy. It was same there as here.
I guess if I can't access the game on my ESPN app, I can always default to WGN radio app.
Thanks for all the inputs.
Go Cats!

I thought last yr when I was in Euroland, I couldn't log on to the usual US version ESPN app.
I do not know if things have improved but ESPN has its own euro version which shows all the soccer matches instead.
I guess if I can't access the game on my ESPN app, I can always default to WGN radio app.
Go Cats!

Can't speak for a mobile, but if you have a laptop check out WatchESPN, Drill. It will be live steaming the game on the 30th.

http://www.espn.com/watch/

Last edited:
Hey everyone.
Thx in advanve.

Buy a new Slingbox?

Go Cats!
You can log onto an ESPN app on I-Pad over here but you have to pay extra to view the game even if you have Xfinity or something. If you log in and click on the game, it will have usually walk you through the payment process.

Drill:

Forget about WatchESPN ... it is not available outside the US.

As the game will be broadcast on ABC, the game will be available through the NCAA College Pass on ESPN Player, the version of WatchESPN that operates in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You can subscribe to College Pass/ESPN Player either on an annual (£109.99) or monthly (£19.99) basis. However, as ESPN Player offers a seven-day free trial, there is a chance you may be able to watch the game for free!

I have successfully watched NU games on ESPN Player in the UK, France and Spain, so I would expect that it is available in Sweden. The fees quoted above are in sterling; I guess if you access the site from Sweden the prices may be in krona.

The web address for ESPN Player is https://www.espnplayer.com. If you try to access this site from the US, you will probably be directed to WatchESPN, so you may have to sign up/get further information once you arrive in Europe. (If I try to access the WatchESPN site from the UK, it automatically directs me to ESPN Player).

If you do not want to watch the game live, it will be available on demand from Sunday onwards through BTN2Go International. A one-day pass costs US$14.95. The link is https://international.btn2go.com/packages?type=0. Again, you may not be able to access this site in the US.

If you have any questions, please message me. If you travel though London, I will happily buy you a curry and a pint of Beaverton IPA!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrillCat
Drill:

As the game will be broadcast on ABC, the game will be available through the NCAA College Pass on ESPN Player, the version of WatchESPN that operates in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You can subscribe to College Pass/ESPN Player either on an annual (£109.99) or monthly (£19.99) basis. However, as ESPN Player offers a seven-day free trial, there is a chance you may be able to watch the game for free!

I have successfully watched NU games on ESPN Player in the UK, France and Spain, so I would expect that it is available in Sweden. The fees quoted above are in sterling; I guess if you access the site from Sweden the prices may be in krona.

The web address for ESPN Player is https://www.espnplayer.com. If you try to access this site from the US, you will probably be directed to WatchESPN, so you may have to sign up/get further information once you arrive in Europe. (If I try to access the WatchESPN site from the UK, it automatically directs me to ESPN Player).

If you do not want to watch the game live, it will be available on demand from Sunday onwards through BTN2Go International. A one-day pass costs US$14.95. The link is https://international.btn2go.com/packages?type=0. Again, you may not be able to access this site in the US.

If you have any questions, please message me. If you travel though London, I will happily buy you a curry and a pint of Beaverton IPA!
When I click on the "Watch the Game" button on my ESPN app, it automatically forwards me to ESPN Player. I just follow the directions.

Drill:

My head hurts now. Let me see how much for a used sling box on ebay.. lol!
Thanks iskaboo. :)

Go Cats!

Hi DrillCat. In my 11 years living outside the US, I have gained a lot of experience figuring out how to access NU football and hoops games.

It is true that the Watch ESPN app (games on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, etc.) is blocked when you try to access it from outside the US. However, if you install a VPN on your computer or iPad and set your location to USA, it is enough to fool the app. I use ExpressVPN, which works great. (This will probably cost you under $10 for one month.)

For others who are interested, here is my approach to accessing 'Cats games on other networks from abroad:

BTN - "BTN2Go International" is excellent. I think that it costs about $70 USD per year for access to all content. An additional perk is that BTN2Go International even carries the "BTN Plus" games (a lot of the non-conference basketball games against less opponents) that I believe requires an additional online subscription in the US. Plus, you can pause, rewind and fast-forward the feeds during live broadcasts. I sometimes wake up an hour after a game has started, play the feed from the beginning and then fast-forward through all commercial breaks and halftime--and still catch up with real time by the end of the game (and listen to the live interview with the coach on WGNRadio.com after the game).

Main Network Stations (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc.) and some main cable stations (ESPN, USA, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc.) - I use a service called USTVNow http://watch.ustvnow.com/ I have the add-on app installed on my Amazon Fire Stick. I signed up for it in March order to catch the NCAA Tournament games on CBS, TBS and TNT. I expected to unsubscribe right away, but I continue to use it. (It's nice to watch stuff on TV instead of iPad or laptop.)

TBS and TNT - Again, if you set your VPN to USA, you can use your cable TV or DirecTV login to access these stations through their websites. (Useful during the NCAA Tournament.)

Audio Only - I mentioned WGNRadio.com above. I think most people know about this. WNUR.org also has a live feed that you can access from anywhere.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
backdoorpass

Hi DrillCat. In my 11 years living outside the US, I have gained a lot of experience figuring out how to access NU football and hoops games.

It is true that the Watch ESPN app (games on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, etc.) is blocked when you try to access it from outside the US. However, if you install a VPN on your computer or iPad and set your location to USA, it is enough to fool the app. I use ExpressVPN, which works great. (This will probably cost you under $10 for one month.)

For others who are interested, here is my approach to accessing 'Cats games on other networks from abroad:

BTN - "BTN2Go International" is excellent. I think that it costs about $70 USD per year for access to all content. An additional perk is that BTN2Go International even carries the "BTN Plus" games (a lot of the non-conference basketball games against less opponents) that I believe requires an additional online subscription in the US. Plus, you can pause, rewind and fast-forward the feeds during live broadcasts. I sometimes wake up an hour after a game has started, play the feed from the beginning and then fast-forward through all commercial breaks and halftime--and still catch up with real time by the end of the game (and listen to the live interview with the coach on WGNRadio.com after the game).

Main Network Stations (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc.) and some main cable stations (ESPN, USA, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc.) - I use a service called USTVNow http://watch.ustvnow.com/ I have the add-on app installed on my Amazon Fire Stick. I signed up for it in March order to catch the NCAA Tournament games on CBS, TBS and TNT. I expected to unsubscribe right away, but I continue to use it. (It's nice to watch stuff on TV instead of iPad or laptop.)

TBS and TNT - Again, if you set your VPN to USA, you can use your cable TV or DirecTV login to access these stations through their websites. (Useful during the NCAA Tournament.)

Audio Only - I mentioned WGNRadio.com above. I think most people know about this. WNUR.org also has a live feed that you can access from anywhere.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
backdoorpass
Many thx, backdoorpass!

Drill, go to the US Embassy or Consulate, tell them you are a member of the United States House of representatives from the state of California. You'll probably get to watch the game with the ambassador and some good beverages.

Reactions: DrillCat
Drill, go to the US Embassy or Consulate, tell them you are a member of the United States House of representatives from the state of California. You'll probably get to watch the game with the ambassador and some good beverages.
Probably easier to join the military and get AFN.

For a monthly fee (about $12), you can download a VPN service that enables your browser to appear to be located in the United States (or any other country you wish). I just used the 'ExpressVPN' service to watch the BGSU game vis BTN2GO via my Xfinity streaming app in Italy (and accessed my DVR to watch NFL games).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT